Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a lighter note, this EOQ push was fantastic!

42 deliveries last week.

The only unfortunate sign of what is to come - VIN distribution has halved since last week, and many of the VINs from this week were delivered.

They have proven they can do it, keep up the momentum Tesla!

1648769261987.png

NEED HELP! Thanks in advance!!

Guess I'm lucky here... originally ordered 03/16/2021 for a 5 seater LR MX white ex and black in. Earlier in March, eta changed to July from preparing for delivery. I called this morning just trying to say I'm open to adjust configurations to get one sooner. The sales was super helpful and said she could check if anyone is not taking a delivery today (EOQ). First feedback was they have several 6 seaters but were damaged during transportation although all fixed. The one they presented to me had a $6000 fix but labor cost was more than $4000. No major problems except for outside cosmetics. Major concern was that the car was built in Dec 2021. To make up for that, they replaced the battery in Mar. While waiting for the car to be transported to the show room, earlier just now, I was matched with a VIN on my app, notified by text message. I thought it was the 6 seater. However, when I go check the actual VIN, it is exactly what I ordered for and is a fresh build! Surprisingly someone didnt take the delivery today and I’m next on the list. Not sure if my morning call made myself up on the list. Now both cars are sitting in the show room and I’m going to pick one up!

Wondering any last min suggestion on which one I should take? Seater wise both 5 or 6 is fine. With the repaired 6 seater, they are actually giving a discount. So essentially it’s going to be only ~$2k more than the 5 seater.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with Tesla. Going to take my $148K to another company at this point. First car was delivered with so many flaws I rejected. 2nd car they delivered to my house. Front trunk would not close, falcon door buttons didn't work, major misaligned panel. Delivery person asks if I can bring to service at later point. I told her no way I'm driving a car with a frunk that doesn't close, that's insane. So I rejected the delivery and poor delivery person is stuck in my driveway waiting for a tow cause she can't drive it either. This was supposed to be my 4th Tesla, but I'm f'ing done with this company.

HECK YEAH! Make it through the EOQ without having some sickening alert that my car was ready (been July EDD for a while now). I kept refreshing the app in dread that I'd be called in with some huge percent chance of getting a car with a lot of problems. I'll happily wait and take (hopefully) a mid-quarter car with a much smaller chance of having these issues (and these are just the ones on a checklist we can see).

I'm pretty sure I'm done with Tesla. Going to take my $148K to another company at this point. First car was delivered with so many flaws I rejected. 2nd car they delivered to my house. Front trunk would not close, falcon door buttons didn't work, major misaligned panel. Delivery person asks if I can bring to service at later point. I told her no way I'm driving a car with a frunk that doesn't close, that's insane. So I rejected the delivery and poor delivery person is stuck in my driveway waiting for a tow cause she can't drive it either. This was supposed to be my 4th Tesla, but I'm f'ing done with this company.
That’s epic

that's annoying at best, after waiting for so long with anticipation that you will finally be able to drive something that actually worth 150k... it ends like that.
Just came from a test drive on the iX...not very beautiful on the outside but definitely worth checking it out since the interior feels how high end car should feel like.
when tesla first came out with the X, most reviewers also found it 'ugly' but it grew on people so maybe the same will happen with the iX

Took delivery of what so far has been a flawless car. I feel awful having read CBDOC’s delivery nightmare. After waiting 474 days I thought for sure I was going to deal with nothing but build problems and delivery issues. Fortunately in my case I think I lucked out. The Norwell Massachusetts delivery center did an excellent job preparing the car and Hall The delivery associate was fantastic. While it’s only been six hours my fingers are crossed that I don’t have something lurking waiting to spring up in the next few days

VIN alert... VIN alert... VIN alert

Woke up this morning with a VIN. Date range further narrows Mar 31 - April 04.

7SAXCDE59NF338XXX
Just received a call from Tesla to come over and pick up car between 8 pm and 12. EoQ push it is. Or they can deliver at home. I have 10 minutes to decide. Will probably go there... its 8 miles away.

Crazy stuff. Stay tuned. :)

I do have a question for any current owners who use text messaging on their iPhone. How do I get my Tesla to let me know that I have a text message?Will the Tesla read the text message to me? Am I able to respond via voice?
You enable it in the Bluetooth device settings in the car. Navigate to Bluetooth and select your iPhone. There are some toggle switches to enable text notifications etc. Just turn them all on. A message will display on the screen when you receive a new text. You then can display / have it read out and reply.

Reactions: IAMCCF
NEED HELP! Thanks in advance!!

Guess I'm lucky here... originally ordered 03/16/2021 for a 5 seater LR MX white ex and black in. Earlier in March, eta changed to July from preparing for delivery. I called this morning just trying to say I'm open to adjust configurations to get one sooner. The sales was super helpful and said she could check if anyone is not taking a delivery today (EOQ). First feedback was they have several 6 seaters but were damaged during transportation although all fixed. The one they presented to me had a $6000 fix but labor cost was more than $4000. No major problems except for outside cosmetics. Major concern was that the car was built in Dec 2021. To make up for that, they replaced the battery in Mar. While waiting for the car to be transported to the show room, earlier just now, I was matched with a VIN on my app, notified by text message. I thought it was the 6 seater. However, when I go check the actual VIN, it is exactly what I ordered for and is a fresh build! Surprisingly someone didnt take the delivery today and I’m next on the list. Not sure if my morning call made myself up on the list. Now both cars are sitting in the show room and I’m going to pick one up!

Wondering any last min suggestion on which one I should take? Seater wise both 5 or 6 is fine. With the repaired 6 seater, they are actually giving a discount. So essentially it’s going to be only ~$2k more than the 5 seater.
I would pick the newer car if seating is not a factor.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr