Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the Model Xs coming out now with the new tail lights and charging door? My originally delivered vehicle with multiple defects has been in service going on two months now and they are still unable to fix it. They are saying the vehicle will need to be replaced. My original vehicle was a January build and the replacement will be an April build. I suppose I'll lose the radar but not sure what else. Hopefully they don't try to pawn off the lemon they delivered to me on someone else.

My February 2022 build has the new charging door. I'm not a connoisseur of Model X tail lights, so can't speak to that part for sure...I assume it has the new taillights. Also has no radar. As far as I know that's the current build configuration.

Bruce.

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the new charging port? How is it different and why did it change?
Purely aesthetics.
It used to have a ring of lights around it. Now it’s just the port itself. Also the charging port cover is waaay larger than before (it’s more like the charging port cover on the Model Y now).

Some like these changes. Some don’t. I think there’s a market for an aftermarket stick-on LED ring around the port though! 😉

Hi, let's talk towing trailers... do you have any idea, pix ? how fit the Curt Echo brake controller under the panel of the X considering the vertical orientation when plugged in ? Too close the ground ??? TY
I measured it as a 15-inch clearance. Curt Echo is 6 5/8” long. Considering the angle and extra plugs, it should have at least 6-8” clearance. Worst case scenario, you could get a short extension cord and mount the Curt Echo on the trailer: it does not need to be mounted vertically.
51FFD7DC-2403-4463-84BB-642C7FEF5BA4.jpeg

Haha!

TLDR: Just got home with the car!

I'm not gonna say it's perfect, but it was definitely good enough for me to accept. Paint seemed OK (at least as well as we could tell in what little light we had), just a few concerns about the FWD alignment and a trim piece that's sticking out. No binding/scraping or mechanical issues, just cosmetic. Going to wait until morning to take another look and see what we want them to try to fix and what we want to leave as-is. Interior looks good from what I can tell.

We encountered one issue on the way home...one of the ultrasonic sensors (I think on the left rear door) is malfunctioning, so the door doesn't want to raise all the way without override and the AP display intermittently thinks there's a car there. Transitioning to the yoke is super-easy. Lack of turn stalks will take some practice. Not sure about the gear selector yet. AP cameras calibrated but I didn't try using it.

Sorry I should be more enthusiastic but I'm just super-tired from being up since 0600 and trying to manage my family's expectations during the delivery process. I'll post more tomorrow.

Bruce.
Hi Bruce, Can you share some images? I have the same issue and trying to get it fixed from Tesla (FWD door mus-aligment). Taking my Model X to CS on Monday. Will keep you posted. Wanted to see how they address this issue with you as well. Thanks

Since you’re getting a replacement, ask if you can pick it up from the factory in Fremont. You’re not going to be taxed a second time so….
This is highly doubtful. Taking delivery of any car in California triggers unrecoverable state sales tax. A buyer would need Tesla to go along with the premise that the original sales transaction negates the California rule.

Even if you got Tesla to agree, would any sane person trust them to stick with that “commitment “?

Reactions: gglockner
My February 2022 build has the new charging door. I'm not a connoisseur of Model X tail lights, so can't speak to that part for sure...I assume it has the new taillights. Also has no radar. As far as I know that's the current build configuration.

Bruce.
If it has the new door it should have the new tail lights that separate the brake and turn signal

Also I just realized, are the brake lights just the middle small part like a model 3 or does it also illuminate the “C” like the model Ys?

This epic, awesome, helpful thread has hit many milestones over the last 14 months including over 30,000 posts on over 1,500 pages. It's about to hit another milestone with 3 million views...incredible!

One of the recurring themes is folks fearing they will be the last one here and they will be tasked with turning out the lights. This led me to be curious about whether the pace of posting comments was slowing. It isn't slowing as shown in the graph below. I'm still convinced I'll be the last to get my X 😁.

1648935954645.png