Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve heard the white cleans surprisingly easily. “Baby wipes and done,” more than one person has posted.

I went ahead and took the risk (ordered white interior).

They are very easy to clean and I wouldn't even really bother with a ceramic coating on top because it already has hydrophobic properties. Baby wipes work but I buy these wipes/bottles of meguiars natural shine wipes whenever im supercharging by a meijers. They work surprisingly well for the entire interior with good cleaning properties and gives a nice sheen but not greasy with a matte touch finish.

I ordered red/black but you guys are really making me have second thoughts about it. Considering going to white or cream now. Wife is on the fence now too. Black seems “safer”, white is starting to look appealing to us, and cream seems like a middle ground.

I ordered red/black but you guys are really making me have second thoughts about it. Considering going to white or cream now. Wife is on the fence now too. Black seems “safer”, white is starting to look appealing to us, and cream seems like a middle ground.

The white interior is stunning honestly. I havent seen many cars at all offer a pure white interior and it feels special in some ways. Cream is a bit more common interior color in the industry but probably a rarer tesla interior color.

Hello everyone! My last post talked about how I was about to receive my MX on Thursday, March 31st, as part of the mad EoQ rush. Well... believe it or not, hehe, it did not go as smoothly as planned! :D

Wednesday evening, I received a call telling me there was a firmware issue that they "had never seen before" and I wouldn't be receiving the car until it is resolved. Meanwhile, I had been rushed to get financing and insurance coverage. I am already paying loan interest and insurance for a vehicle I don't have in my possession!

The saving grace was the good customer service which has kept me in the loop. They are playing it safe and replacing the entire onboard computer. The service order also includes fixing the alignment of the driver side FWD. Hopefully, I will take delivery by end of this week.

The friendly service associate let me go see my car, take some photos and even sit inside. I am already loving it.
MyCar.jpg

I sat in the driver's seat, with a dash panel sitting in the passenger seat and some kind of "Maintenance Mode" shown on the displays. And yet, I felt calm and happy. My dream, since I first sat in an X in 2016, is about to come true!

Hello everyone! My last post talked about how I was about to receive my MX on Thursday, March 31st, as part of the mad EoQ rush. Well... believe it or not, hehe, it did not go as smoothly as planned! :D

Wednesday evening, I received a call telling me there was a firmware issue that they "had never seen before" and I wouldn't be receiving the car until it is resolved. Meanwhile, I had been rushed to get financing and insurance coverage. I am already paying loan interest and insurance for a vehicle I don't have in my possession!

The saving grace was the good customer service which has kept me in the loop. They are playing it safe and replacing the entire onboard computer. The service order also includes fixing the alignment of the driver side FWD. Hopefully, I will take delivery by end of this week.

The friendly service associate let me go see my car, take some photos and even sit inside. I am already loving it.View attachment 789528
I sat in the driver's seat, with a dash panel sitting in the passenger seat and some kind of "Maintenance Mode" shown on the displays. And yet, I felt calm and happy. My dream, since I first sat in an X in 2016, is about to come true!
It's a big step up from a Yugo! What was your order date?

It's a big step up from a Yugo! What was your order date?
Did you order the Yugo 1st? or the X? 😁😁😁

Also, I can feel confident that the X will be at least as good as the YUGO... although, the X does not have an ashtray and cigarette lighter, and no AM radio either! Our American products are catching up to the Russian ones - we hope to match them by 2024... 😁😁

• Funny
Reactions: retco
FYI: I was at a service center / delivery center yesterday (Vallejo, CA) for a Tesla owners club event. They had 3 refreshed Model X in the showroom...a Plaid 6-seat in red, a LR 5-seat in MSM, and another LR 5-seat whose color I don't remember. I heard the Plaid was passed up by the would-be owner because they couldn't take delivery. At the time, all of those cars were available as inventory purchases.

I don't know if these particular cars are still available (for SF Bay Areans) or if this means other service centers might have inventory Model X available. Just passing this along.

Bruce.

I’ve heard the white cleans surprisingly easily. “Baby wipes and done,” more than one person has posted.

I went ahead and took the risk (ordered white interior).
You might like this better... I am a great believer in Meguiar Products...