Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are all the issues I found. Now it's a long list but it took hours to find a lot of these. The X I rejected last week had enough issues found within 10 minutes to know that it was a reject. I'm positive I would have found many more had I also spent 3 hours looking things over.

Various alignment and trim issues:

i-5GfB9wm-4K[1].jpg

i-CC3jGqM-X4[1].jpg

Rear quarter window is not flush with hatch on the top. You can see into the cargo area through the gap.
i-v976FxN-X4[1].jpg
i-xc7Q7Cs-X4[1].jpg
i-wgwLv53-X4[1].jpg

Paint issues:

Paint detached behind the lip.
i-D7DBhNP-X3[1].jpg
This appears to have buffed out without going through the clear and passed the nail test.
i-DmnzrvH-X3[1].jpg
Missing paint on spoiler. They used touch-up paint to "fix" it. I said that was fine for a "temporary" fix but not for a new car.
i-pcHW2kN-X3[1].jpg
Scratch about 1.5 inches but it passes the nail test so it's probably correctable.
i-nzBdjsT-X3[1].jpg

This will probably need to be repainted. About 1/2" long on passenger a pillar next to windshield.
i-7tJqtTj-X3[1].jpg

A few more items:

FWD seal is getting pinched backwards because the clearance between the FWD and the center support or whatever you call it is not high enough.
i-9BNh7km-X3[1].jpg

Some sort of scrape that took of the lamination on the carbon fiber trim below the IC. I only discovered this because I spent on how with my fingers running over every surface I could find inside.
i-pm3zJJn-X3[1].jpg

These are all the issues I found. Now it's a long list but it took hours to find a lot of these. The X I rejected last week had enough issues found within 10 minutes to know that it was a reject. I'm positive I would have found many more had I also spent 3 hours looking things over.

View attachment 791505

View attachment 791508

Rear quarter window is not flush with hatch on the top. You can see into the cargo area through the gap.
View attachment 791509
View attachment 791510
View attachment 791511

Paint issues:

View attachment 791512
This appears to have buffed out without going through the clear and passed the nail test.
View attachment 791513
Missing paint on spoiler. They used touch-up paint to "fix" it. I said that was fine for a "temporary" fix but not for a new car.
View attachment 791514
Scratch about 1.5 inches but it passes the nail test so it's probably correctable.
View attachment 791517

This will probably need to be repainted. About 1/2" long on passenger a pillar next to windshield.
View attachment 791520
I'm pretty casual about some things, but reject it if your heart lets you.

Reactions: T3slafan2500
It's the Michilin Latitude Sport 3 summer only tire. Sticky summer tires are typically not as efficient as all season tires so that for sure could be part of the problem. I'm not going to call it a problem until I've had a chance to test again without the painters tape on.....which could be quite some time.

I'm going to backtrack that statement. It's really more about sidewall stiffness and tread design. Some summer tires are better than some all seasons and vica versa. Dedicated winter tires tend to universally suck when it comes to fuel economy.

I should have taken a picture of the tape before I ripped it off this morning. It was layered in millions of insects. I almost had a fox layered on it as well coming back on 140 instead of 152. A fox started to cross the road. I started braking. It then got right in the middle of my lane and kept darting back and fourth unable to decide which way to go (hint either would have fine), then it did the dumb thing of running directly away from the danger. I came with in inches of hitting it before it finally darted off to the left.
Did you save some of the video clips?

Just went over 500 days. EDD July 2022
It might be better than getting a car that was severely malfunctioning on long trips like the ones we got. And the worst thing is that Tesla is not taking the right steps to fix the issue. They are updating software and purging bubbles, but the issue keeps reoccurring. The hardware must handle any software issues without overheating. Unfortunately, it overheats even on the fixed software. This only confirms the hardware origin of the issue.

A few more items:

FWD seal is getting pinched backwards because the clearance between the FWD and the center support or whatever you call it is not high enough.
View attachment 791521

Some sort of scrape that took of the lamination on the carbon fiber trim below the IC. I only discovered this because I spent on how with my fingers running over every surface I could find inside.
View attachment 791523
Wow, that looks awful. Why did you not reject it?

View attachment 791505

View attachment 791508

View attachment 791509
View attachment 791510
View attachment 791511

Paint issues:

View attachment 791512
View attachment 791513
View attachment 791514
View attachment 791517

View attachment 791520
Whats the nail test?

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I seriously hope the delivery delay (April 15th) is purely related to a software fix.

I could easily claim the current software is not safe.

Here is my experience yesterday.
Currently on 2022,8.3. Have been having the rear restraint error on and off ever since 2022.8.2.

Yesterday we took a trip from Atlanta to Tallahassee. Drove for about 1.5 hours. Car was operating normally. Stopped for lunch. Got back in car after lunch and noticed the rear restraint error. Not a big deal. Changed wheel config and cleared the error. A few minutes later it came back, along with a ton of other issues...

Rear restraint error
Tire flat warning popping up from time to time.
Brake error warning popping up from time to time.
Airbag warning.
Side camera video on turn signal were garbage/frozen/garbled.
Backup camera came up, but it was really just a snapshot that updated every 5 seconds.
No internet
Nav was useless. Again it updated every 20 seconds maybe.
External temp display went from a real temp to "--" on an off.
Voice commands didn't work so I couldn't log a bug report.
Cruise control would freak out when activated.
I didn't even think about trying AP.
Car charged thankfully at supercharger, but had random horn beeps.
Speed limit indicator on dash was coming and going.
AP icon was flashing yellow.

The computer was basically freaking out.

I tried a soft scroll reboot, hard scroll + brake reboot, power off, nothing worked. Finished the drive to Tallahassee with the car beeping constantly and in this state.

Let the car sit for dinner at hotel and went back out after about an hour and did a power down and restart. Internet was back, so I could now connect from my phone. Let the car sit overnight to sleep and this morning everything is normal.

I don't know if this is a software issue, a faulty processor, an overheating processor, or something else. I fear it's more than a software thing.

We will be traveling again tomorrow for a few hours and I'll see if the same thing happens after driving for a few hours.

I do have to say, I did not feel safe driving in the car.
I just wanted to chime in and let you know that you are not alone, my month old Model X has been doing the same exact thing since delivery day. It's very random and I can go days without it happening but then it starts again out of the blue. Hoping it's not a hardware issue.

Reactions: BamaATL

View attachment 791505

View attachment 791508

View attachment 791509
View attachment 791510
View attachment 791511

Paint issues:

View attachment 791512
View attachment 791513
View attachment 791514
View attachment 791517

View attachment 791520
Wow!! This is terrible! Are you rejecting?

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
I just got a VIN. Mine like the rest are on some sort of software hold, so they say. I was able to check it out though when I went down there. Many issues similar to sorkas. Trunk misaligned. Large gap where the meets the frame. Falcon doors don’t match on either size and one is is rough 5mm off. Are these issues fixable?? I’m pretty disappointed with how awful it looks fresh off the factory floor.

A91A726C-6758-43F8-8F5D-FE89E4BDDF91.jpeg

BF7A1217-6A0D-4822-A2CA-527F5ACC5763.jpeg

A0E53704-300E-493F-BD80-3AE129FBDB0F.jpeg

D16D8195-3BF5-428A-BB1F-B00BA7B4910D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
qq folks, I called Tesla recently and got my config changed from a 7 seats (Original order September 2021) to 6 seater. While my RN has not changed but my order date in the agreement is now showing March 2022. Will this adversely affect my spot in the delivery line?
I sure hope not. I’m waiting for Jorge to get back to me about changing mine from 5 to 6 seater, but was hoping it wouldn’t delay it.

I just got a VIN. Mine like the rest are on some sort of software hold, so they say. I was able to check it out though when I went down there. Many issues similar to sorkas. Trunk misaligned. Large gap where the meets the frame. Falcon doors don’t match on either size and one is is rough 5mm off. Are these issues fixable?? I’m pretty disappointed with how awful it looks fresh off the factory floor.

View attachment 791586
View attachment 791588
View attachment 791585
View attachment 791587
Is it a 2021 or 22?

So I took delivery about 2 weeks ago. Everything was good except salmon wing door alignment. I took it to the service center and I am only partially happy with the fix. While everything is now aligned on both sides there is a noticeable gap up top. This was slightly there when I took it in. The tech stated to take some time to allow the seals to break in and then realign. Did a water test and it doesn’t leak. This sounds good but all other doors are aligned on the side. Is there a specific adjustment for the top? If not then fixing the top is gonna throw everything else out of alignment.

Attachments

• 74B55074-3AEB-40EF-AE16-CD59BC981C25.jpeg
    74B55074-3AEB-40EF-AE16-CD59BC981C25.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 505BE40A-C2B2-4081-BB9E-4DC5608BB22F.jpeg
    505BE40A-C2B2-4081-BB9E-4DC5608BB22F.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 87
  • B3CF3652-8EDB-4301-BF8A-800E2D4E9F36.jpeg
    B3CF3652-8EDB-4301-BF8A-800E2D4E9F36.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Funny
Reactions: Tz00 and TJPDX