Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the condition of all almost every single one I saw at the delivery center.
Probably, I have to look closer at mine 😆

Something is not right either about the share price or car quality:

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 6.39.38 PM.png

Reactions: studioloft
Man I thought I was OCD picky. You guys have taken my crown!
Tbh while I see these deets, I really care primarily about 10-foot appearance and function/safety.
The one thing that’ll really get me is any misalignment of the falcon wing door handles.

That is the easiest misalignment to see because it’s dead center on the vehicle side and depends on vernier hyperacuity… basically people naturally can pick up on two line segments end-to-end not in line with each other more easily than people can read small letters .

Last edited:
2022.8.3 doesn't fix these issues, though they think so in the service center. The service center can unlock the update for your car. The issue occurs only in long trips.
Since updating to 2022.8.3 three days ago I’ve made several short 15 mile trips with a 200 mile roundtrip today to Chicago and back with a supercharge in between. No issues whatsoever. I’m very satisfied with this new update as of now, it resolved a lot of problems and couldn’t be happier.

Since updating to 2022.8.3 three days ago I’ve made several short 15 mile trips with a 200 mile roundtrip today to Chicago and back with a supercharge in between. No issues whatsoever. I’m very satisfied with this new update as of now, it resolved a lot of problems and couldn’t be happier.
Unfortunately, 2022.8.3 didn't help to solve the overheating and frozen camera issues for this user: Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room Since we have exactly the same problem, it means it shouldn't have been solved for us too. Keep us updated with more long trips!

Unfortunately, 2022.8.3 didn't help to solve the overheating and frozen camera issues for this user: Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room Since we have exactly the same problem, it means it shouldn't have been solved for us too. Keep us updated with more long trips!
Did not resolve it for me either. I had all type of alerts and after the update I thought I was golden until I unplugged… it then reboot itself 👎

Reactions: mr-dmitry
Did not resolve it for me either. I had all type of alerts and after the update I thought I was golden until I unplugged… it then reboot itself 👎
I'm curious, does the overheating issue affect the Model S users as well? Is this specific for the refreshed model? How many computers does that car have? Is the self-driving computer the same one that overheats?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
But have you tried to purge air from the cooling system? You can enter into the service menu to do that, or just visit any service center. They are OK to admit new owners with severe issues without an appointment. Mine hasn't had any issues so far after that procedure. But I haven't taken any long trips since then. The last time, I had to climb a mountain to get the cellular connection to contact Tesla when it showed a brake fault because of the overheating computer.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr