Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tbh while I see these deets, I really care primarily about 10-foot appearance and function/safety.
The one thing that’ll really get me is any misalignment of the falcon wing door handles.

That is the easiest misalignment to see because it’s dead center on the vehicle side and depends on vernier hyperacuity… basically people naturally can pick up on two line segments end-to-end not in line with each other more easily than people can read small letters .

I believe most of the FWD alignment issues can be fixed by adjusting the door strikes.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
But have you tried to purge air from the cooling system? You can enter into the service menu to do that, or just visit any service center. They are OK to admit new owners with severe issues without an appointment. Mine hasn't had any issues so far after that procedure. But I haven't taken any long trips since then. The last time, I had to climb a mountain to get the cellular connection to contact Tesla when it showed a brake fault because of the overheating computer.
Not sure what you mean by “purge air” I just reboot after charging and it’s like it never happened. The brake and tpms faults don’t appear anymore. I only have a sample size of one but can try again tomorrow I’m taking the family to see Immersive Frida

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Not sure what you mean by “purge air” I just reboot after charging and it’s like it never happened. The brake and tpms faults don’t appear anymore. I only have a sample size of one but can try again tomorrow I’m taking the family to see Immersive Frida
It's a special service procedure that's supposed to resolve the overheating issue that's the cause of all other issues.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
So I was a little micro-focused instead of macro-focused and totally missed a gap issue. It's not like me but oh well. Click on the images to expand.

Before:

i-2csR9v7-X5[1].jpg
i-kBtSN8S-X5[1].jpg

After:
i-ZMg7V7h-X5[1].jpg
i-jXqgZXv-X5[1].jpg

Yea, I know I'm not doing everyone a service doing this myself. It was strictly for fun.

So I was a little micro-focused instead of macro-focused and totally missed a gap issue. It's not like me but oh well. Click on the images to expand.

Before:

View attachment 791639
View attachment 791640

After:
View attachment 791641
View attachment 791642

Yea, I know I'm not doing everyone a service doing this myself. It was strictly for fun.

Before:

View attachment 791639
View attachment 791640

After:
View attachment 791641
View attachment 791642

Honestly this gives everyone pointers on what to look out for. Some will judge, some won’t care, and some will cancel. My X was mostly good except for some alignment issues that I had fixed but not super happy with and the supercharging issue.

I had my doos adjusted and the lines match on the sides but it left a gap on the roof

Attachments

• 059E8CB6-67B2-4CE7-86BA-7FE8DCD3B609.jpeg
    059E8CB6-67B2-4CE7-86BA-7FE8DCD3B609.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 340E66FE-6675-47AB-A749-8D59AB49E0D8.jpeg
    340E66FE-6675-47AB-A749-8D59AB49E0D8.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 91
  • C8F8766F-C888-4138-8C15-12252D2D1462.jpeg
    C8F8766F-C888-4138-8C15-12252D2D1462.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 88
  • AC03FB64-AE8D-4FDC-A651-517817E60CD5.jpeg
    AC03FB64-AE8D-4FDC-A651-517817E60CD5.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 805D8129-7901-4CAE-916D-04E5603EA1F6.jpeg
    805D8129-7901-4CAE-916D-04E5603EA1F6.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 90
I'm glad Tesla is monitoring this forum 👍 I've just gotten a message from them at 9 pm PDT asking about the overheating issue on firmware 2022.8.3. I hope they will find an actual hardware solution soon (not just a software update). I really do not feel safe in long trips, especially with the family and kids. Last time, I had a "brake fault" (plus a dozen of other faults) in the area with no cellular connection. And I can't say that this was the most pleasant experience in my life.

Last edited:
I'm glad Tesla is monitoring this forum 👍 I've just gotten a message from them at 9 pm PDT asking about the overheating issue on firmware 2022.8.3. I hope they will find an actual solution soon. I really do not feel safe in long trips, especially with the family and kids. Last time, I had a "brake fault" (plus a dozen of other faults) in the area with no cellular connection. And I can't say that this was the most pleasant experience in my life.
That’s amazing tell them if they need a second guinea pig ping me. Wait… it’s not 9pm PDT yet! 😂

It might be better than getting a car that was severely malfunctioning on long trips like the ones we got. And the worst thing is that Tesla is not taking the right steps to fix the issue. They are updating software and purging bubbles, but the issue keeps reoccurring. The hardware must handle any software issues without overheating. Unfortunately, it overheats even on the fixed software. This only confirms the hardware origin of the issue.
Yes, I tend to agree. I am hoping a lot of these issues are worked through by the time my X ships.

Reactions: cjkosh
I'm glad Tesla is monitoring this forum 👍 I've just gotten a message from them at 9 pm PDT asking about the overheating issue on firmware 2022.8.3. I hope they will find an actual hardware solution soon (not just a software update). I really do not feel safe in long trips, especially with the family and kids. Last time, I had a "brake fault" (plus a dozen of other faults) in the area with no cellular connection. And I can't say that this was the most pleasant experience in my life.

I'm glad you got some kind of response!

Just a little backstory for members/readers who may not be aware: Tesla Motors Club (TMC) is completely independent from Tesla, Inc. There are indeed Tesla employees who read the forums here, but people should keep in mind that this isn't an official communications channel and there's no guarantee that anything posted on TMC will ever be read by a Tesla employee, Elon, etc.

Bruce.

Question 1: unfortunately purely luck of the draw, my previous EDD's have changed 20+ times and this is a Model X which is the rarest unicorn in the Tesla line-up
Question 2: In the same boat as you, have a 22 MYLR I'll get rid of once my MX comes in. CarBuyerUSA will usually offer the highest price but with some complexity - I'd try all of them as it should be no more than 30 minutes of your time. When I sold my M3SR+, highest offer was from Driveway. But the Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, Givemethevin, CarBuyerUSA options should give you a good idea; depending on your local dealers, I've heard some others state local luxury dealers (MB, Audi, BMW) offer higher amounts.

This is solid advice. Everyone's cash offer program is unique and has something special to offer (for example, ours is focused on Tesla and EVs).

That said, no one company is the highest 100% of the time, so you may as well check everyone and pick whoever has the best offer and best terms.

Reactions: cjkosh
As Q3 approaches and hope lives on for us in the EU, had a question for others who have received deliveries here with older prices- how do you ensure your insurance declared MX value(at delivery) matches the latest market prices(as they keep increasing) to ensure if a total loss ever occurs, you can get another MX at today’s price?
My bank keeps insisting the IDV needs to match what was on the original order invoice from February 2021 which already is a difference of ~30k & increasing..

I'm curious, does the overheating issue affect the Model S users as well? Is this specific for the refreshed model? How many computers does that car have? Is the self-driving computer the same one that overheats?
Is this the super-secret April mod? Fish-wing doors?
I love my salmon wing doors on my ‘18. Some find them too much but i really really love my salmon wing doors.

It protects the areas most prone to rock chips while driving. It's rather smart, as the PPF on my Model 3 looks bad on top of the rock chips I had on the front bumper when it got wrapped. It's why almost everyone takes their freshly delivered car straight to the wrap place.
I just took mine out on the road to enjoy!
My 1 yr old YLR with 12000 miles has no chips