Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take that back. It appears those shims are just the same sizes from vehicle to vehicle. The diagram shows them the same on mine with the upper right being a lot shorter. Looking more carefully, the shims are covering adjustment screws that would push the each shim in or out. This would still give you the twisting adjustment need to say raise the back of an FWD and lower the front.
View attachment 791982

Not screws underneath the shims. The plate holes are large enough to allow adjustment left/right forward/back and twisting in either direction on the vertical axis. I do not see how you can raise the front or back of the door. The latch on the door itself doesn't appear to be adjustable at all.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka
Underneath the kickboard there's a strike plate/box that the latch fits into. It's held by two large torx screws that allow movement in/out and side to side. Additionally, if you look inside the strike box, there are 4 shims of varying thickness. I'm guessing these are paired left to right to allow twisting clockwise or counterclockwise by fractions of a few degrees. There would be no way to DIY adjust this twist without acquiring these shims from tesla or 3d printing them with ABS.
FWIW, when I asked the Seattle service center to adjust this, they said they don't do this and I have to take it to one of their body shops. Sounded strange to me, but 🤷‍♂️.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hard to say, but has Europe received any refreshed S? Canadian orders were about 3 months behind the US on the S and about 5 on the X.
None so far afaik- only confirmed sightings have been the Norway test MX mules & the Nurburgring MS Plaids. Since the messaging for EU delivery start was common, we assume it will be a collective shipment of S&X when they first arrive(whenever that is!).

Still on our trip. Have had to hard reboot multiple times.

I can say that every time my car gets in this state, it is either after I have used my backup camera OR supercharging. When car is warm, meaning I have driven for a while, and I put in reverse the backup camera pops up. It’s like clockwork, backup camera freezes or gets choppy and car is hosed until a hard reboot.
Exactly! Activating the backup camera is what triggers the warnings for me. Again this doesn't happen every day, but mostly on days where I drive a lot/use the superchargers. So it must be the overheating issue we've heard about.

FWIW, when I asked the Seattle service center to adjust this, they said they don't do this and I have to take it to one of their body shops. Sounded strange to me, but 🤷‍♂️.

...and Tesla makes sends the work over to the body shop? I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to setup two different appointments for what should be one trip. Double schedule wrangling and transportation. Are they going to provide a rental to pick you up at the body shop?

Exactly! Activating the backup camera is what triggers the warnings for me. Again this doesn't happen every day, but mostly on days where I drive a lot/use the superchargers. So it must be the overheating issue we've heard about.
I’m torn if this is an overheating issue or not. With the software that my MXP was delivered with I too received multiple errors, frozen camera, etc. With 2022.8.3 all of my symptoms changed. I now no longer get errors when preconditioning for supercharging and my camera doesn’t freeze when backing up. I can watch nextflix, play games, etc while charging with no errors. I do see the external temperature gauge switching from null to the outside temp. Now, when I unplug everything goes haywire and I need to reboot if it doesn’t reboot itself.

I’m torn because how can the behavior while charging be fixed, but now all symptoms are occurring after unplugging. It could still be the temp but I’m just not 100% with the change in behavior. Also I experienced a normal charging curve with over 200kWh speeds.

Guess we will have to see what @BamaATL says

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Suggestion here folks…

I have a March 2021 MSM/Black/22 LR. It was July 2022 and just changed to Apr 26-May16. I have seen a few others report the same thing so I believe it’s more like a placeholder. Anyways, I want to change to blue/white and possibly downgrade to 20s. Do you thing this will affect my EDD?

I’m torn if this is an overheating issue or not. With the software that my MXP was delivered with I too received multiple errors, frozen camera, etc. With 2022.8.3 all of my symptoms changed. I now no longer get errors when preconditioning for supercharging and my camera doesn’t freeze when backing up. I can watch nextflix, play games, etc while charging with no errors. I do see the external temperature gauge switching from null to the outside temp. Now, when I unplug everything goes haywire and I need to reboot if it doesn’t reboot itself.

I’m torn because how can the behavior while charging be fixed, but now all symptoms are occurring after unplugging. It could still be the temp but I’m just not 100% with the change in behavior. Also I experienced a normal charging curve with over 200kWh speeds.

Guess we will have to see what @BamaATL says
I'm starting to think these are hardware issues whether cooling or something else and that these software updates are intended to work around them so they don't have to do massive recall. They've done this kind of thing multiple times in the past. I.e rangegate and chargegate.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I'm starting to think these are hardware issues whether cooling or something else and that these software updates are intended to work around them so they don't have to do massive recall. They've done this kind of thing multiple times in the past. I.e rangegate and chargegate.
This theory sounds very plausible. Factor in some chips that they don’t normally use, and the problem is magnified?

Rangegate and chargegate?
Isn’t that a bit of exaggergate?

Then again, these issues are a bit unsettling. And meanwhile, a heartstoppingly gorgeous gray Plaid S cruised past me (in my Sienna) half an hour ago on the highway and I had serious thoughts about switching to an S. Except I need more seats.

But wow. I mean… I want that car.
I would so get an S … except I’m old and 6”4 … sigh … the X will be lovely when it arrives

Exactly.

I had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Early builds had bad ABS brake controller that sent out bad CANBUS commands and the entire car would go nuts with error codes. Nick named the Xmas tree bug. The initial fix was to replace the ABS brake controller. Then came the software patch. Took the dealer 4 hours to flash the car. I suspect the programmed everything on the buss to ignore the bad commands from the ABS controller. And if the massive patch was not applied correctly they would brick the dashboard controller and require your dashboard be swapped out. I missed the bad ABS Controller by 2 weeks.

Companies do software work arounds for hardware all the time. I think this is related to the April 15th software patch.

Hi Everyone,

Canadian order here. Delivery to Kitchener (for those nearby and are curious) March 14/2021. 5 seater. 20" White configuration.

Received the following update in my app today. Exciting to see, but won't get too excited until a VIN is actually assigned.

Screenshot_20220410-182807_Tesla.jpg