Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s under sound options. Next to DJ Commentary.

I had a build on my Model S that should have had it, since it was released in Nov, But it never showed up on that build.

After the first update it still didn’t show up.

Then the next morning it was there. Read similar stories by others.

You also have to drive for a while for it to calibrate each time.

Very strange feature.

Is it actually working for you at all? i.e. if the screen was blocked off and the passenger was turning it on and off, would you be able to tell?

Seeing 5 seaters going out before 7’s is maybe the first time I’ve been surprised by Tesla during this whole process.
Agreed, this is strange. Someone who wants a 5 seater would be satisfied with a 7-seater, but probably not vice-versa. Parts shortage is most likely, but there's no way for the public to know since Tesla has given virtually no info about the Model X rollout.

Interesting; didn’t know Tesla had a 7/8 day return policy no q asked? How does this reconcile with you can’t return once you have accepted?

Years ago, Tesla had a 7 day, no questions asked return policy.... I don't recall how long that lasted for, but it was really trying to remove any concerns potential customers had about owning an electric car.

Agreed, this is strange. Someone who wants a 5 seater would be satisfied with a 7-seater, but probably not vice-versa. Parts shortage is most likely, but there's no way for the public to know since Tesla has given virtually no info about the Model X rollout.
I have a 5 seater on order and specifically do not want to 7 seater as it cuts significantly into storage space with minimal to non-existent usability in our case.

Years ago, Tesla had a 7 day, no questions asked return policy.... I don't recall how long that lasted for, but it was really trying to remove any concerns potential customers had about owning an electric car.
It also was dependent on whether you were able to test drive (IIRC is was 3 days w/ test drive and 7 without). Before Tesla had as many Stores/Galleries they wanted people to feel comfortable ordering a car online without having driven it before. I don't recall when they cancelled the program.

When I flip to my MX order in the app, there is a number which flashes momentarily before the RN number appears. It’s not a VIN (it’s all digits), and I’ve never seen this before. Is it possibly a sign that something is happening production-wise?? Or am I just being desperately hopeful :)

When I flip to my MX order in the app, there is a number which flashes momentarily before the RN number appears. It’s not a VIN (it’s all digits), and I’ve never seen this before. Is it possibly a sign that something is happening production-wise?? Or am I just being desperately hopeful :)
Ha - desperately hopeful! I see the same thing and my order was placed in March!

Reactions: stephenstohn
Agreed. I think that’s desperately hopeful 😀.

I had that the entire time I was waiting. Still do on my original order.

IMO that number is tied to the vehicle you are swiping away from, not the vehicle you are swiping to. If you swipe really slowly, you can see it’s there as you start to swipe and then the RN# shows up when your new ordered car image shows up. Could be wrong, but that just my opinion.

In the SF area too, almost a year now. Wondering if being in NM might be a detriment. Maybe they’ll build all our cars at once and ship them out.
Quick question. Do you have to pick up your MX in Colorado? I talked my SA (Alex) and he said I should pick up in Colorado Springs to ensure inspection. I was hoping to get it at the Service Center in Santa Fe but apparently not able to.

I have a 5 seater on order and specifically do not want to 7 seater as it cuts significantly into storage space with minimal to non-existent usability in our case.
I wouldnt say significantly, it only adds this tiny space under the trunk cover where the 7 seats would be no? Unless the refresh is different
Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 09.50.37.png

Follow up on Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room
so, I called Tesla and confirmed that my order date has indeed been changed from 2021 to 2022 but EDD still remains July 2022. On asking her whether this will put me at the back of line, she said you did yourself a favor by switching to 6 seat config as 7 and 5 are not ramped up. Not sure what and who to trust, I hope I keep my spot in the line 🤞

No, unfortunately not. It's nothing relevant to getting a VIN.

All I can say is I hope our orders comes soon - others with 2020 orders are getting lined up for delivery in April, so we shouldn't be that far behind. My correspondence with my SA suggests "a few months", so who the heck knows. I will be PO'ed if deliveries for those who ordered well after us start getting fulfilled first.

I am a fellow canadian, and have my delivery date with the VIN in the MSRP area (total bill)
I had a call this morning from Tesla asking what dealer i'd like to receive my car at.
I also tried to get an insurance quote, but the VIN didn't generate anything, They did tell me it seems it's a foreign Vin or a commercial vin.
I think the canadian x's will be here end of april as 23-29

Reactions: stephenstohn
Got a VIN 7SAXCBE5XNF339XXX. Yayyy!! Apr 28-May 6th Window

Don’t see an option to change payment from cash to financing. Where can I do that?

Also, my wife(X on her name) just got her license renewed its a temp license. We are waiting for actual license. Is this going to be an issue?

Please advise!
Please enter your order info in the spreadsheet below :)
Just got Vinned and date narrowed

Estimated Delivery: April 12 - April 19
Tesla Model X Orders Tracking - TeslaMotorsClub

• Love
Reactions: studioloft