Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 443 and still in the pit of despair. How’s that for positive 😤
Yeah, there's really not much to be optimistic about when we've been waiting this long (granted, you've been waiting longer than me). I guess the lone bright spot is that once my MX becomes something other than hypothetical, I'll have quite a bit of equity in it immediately given the price increases.

Tesla software development team codes like I did in Freshman Comp Sci.

Compile Program
Run Program
Fix bug
Compile Program
Run Program
Fix next bug
Lather, rinse, repeat.
hqdefault.jpg

Not sure how the delivery flag was set. I fixed it. I got a VIN in Feb but told them to hold it and got a new VIN now in April. will likely take this one if they don't screw around with the original plaid price, free upgrade to 6 seat and FSD at $10k (all those are not reflected in the current price).
I heard 2 time VIN rejections is automatic cancellation. How true is that?

Thank you for the compliment. I'll take a few more pics. tomorrow. The cream is really light color, but not the the glaring (IMHO) that white interior is. It's not your Grandfathers Cadillac tan/yellowish interior.
Hey, when I was in school, all the rich kids had tan leather in their Porsche 928 and 914s..😉

But seriously, thanks for the cream interior photos, have not seen many pics.

So I'm back from vacation and the X is out of the shop. Here are some pictures as promised. The forward windows are all done in Xpel XR+ tint and the car has been ceramic coated. The detailers have an outside company that will black out the Tesla emblems, but those are not back yet. Hope you enjoy!

Blue with cream interior

Attachments

• IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    980.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    735.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    913.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3258.jpeg
    IMG_3258.jpeg
    882 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3260.jpeg
    IMG_3260.jpeg
    877.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    871.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3262.jpeg
    IMG_3262.jpeg
    798.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3263.jpeg
    IMG_3263.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 78
Likelihood of something actually happening if I change my LR order to a plaid?

If money weren’t an issue, would you?

I’m thinking it would be cool to have the faster one…. I do not like the carbon fiber.. but I can probably get over that.

My biggest issue is right now, being I am pre price increase: my LR is about $30,000 less than the current price.. a plaid would only be $17,000 less.

I considered buying someone’s plaid order who hasn’t gotten delivery yet.. but no sellers on that.

I’m conflicted. I just want my car…
When I got the March EDD I sold my Jeep. I jumped way too quickly and now we are having to share a car and plan our schedules accordingly.

Likelihood of something actually happening if I change my LR order to a plaid?

If money weren’t an issue, would you?

I’m thinking it would be cool to have the faster one…. I do not like the carbon fiber.. but I can probably get over that.

My biggest issue is right now, being I am pre price increase: my LR is about $30,000 less than the current price.. a plaid would only be $17,000 less.

I considered buying someone’s plaid order who hasn’t gotten delivery yet.. but no sellers on that.

I’m conflicted. I just want my car…
When I got the March EDD I sold my Jeep. I jumped way too quickly and now we are having to share a car and plan our schedules accordingly.
If money weren't an issue, I think almost anyone would get a Plaid 🤦‍♂️

If money weren't an issue, I think almost anyone would get a Plaid 🤦‍♂️
For me, Plaid would be a downgrade because:
  • Shorter range than long range
  • Tires: less comfortable, wears out faster, not all-season
  • More acceleration is overkill for me
When I order a Model 3 in the next 12 months, I considered Performance but ruled it out as well for the same reasons.

For me, horsepower is like square footage -- it never feels good to step down.

I can always use the HP like in highway passing, on ramps, merges, and for shits and giggles at lights. I remember in 2016 my toddler (now big girl!!) would ask 'zoom zoom please' because she liked her toys to fly the hell around the car due to the G forces. I can find a million uses for the HP but couldn't justify the huge delta in price (when I ordered -- due to LR price increases that gap narrowed substantially). I mean, the LR has 660HP! 1020HP does seem more than I need but I'm only coming from 460HP.

This generation of Tesla features the least disparity in range between the performance trim and long range. You can also have the same kind of tires with a plaid as the LR and experience the same comforts (but I believe the rears might be wider with Plaid). LR and Plaid do both feature really cool power distribution so LR also reportedly pulls hard at >50mph which is somewhat lacking in all prior Teslas.

So you can't go wrong but Plaid isn't really losing much anymore and I'd say having the HP available is a safety benefit in certain situations.

Got vinned this morning.

Order date 4/4/21. White - White - 6 Seater - No FSD. VIN 7SAXCBE54NF33XXXX. Asked Tesla, looks like it was manufactured on 3/31.

Should I worry if this is someone else car that was passed on or safe to say this is original vin?

If you provide 1 more digit, we will know more about where in the production sequence. Last known VIN was 339xxx. I think those were actually made at the EoQ so I doubt they could've been presented to a customer for rejection before but, given the mixed quality we've seen at EoQ, no one knows (maybe not even Tesla).

Bring your checklist regardless.

Reactions: lexus26
Got vinned this morning.

Order date 4/4/21. White - White - 6 Seater - No FSD. VIN 7SAXCBE54NF33XXXX. Asked Tesla, looks like it was manufactured on 3/31.

Should I worry if this is someone else car that was passed on or safe to say this is original vin?
This seems like a newly assigned vehicle. If it was manufactured on 3/31 it may only recently passed inspections/installed backordered parts on it. Likely hasn't traveled to anyone to be rejected yet. However, it may have been previously assigned and someone's financing/delivery date may have fallen through.

Oh, well!

I got a call this morning that my VIN will change. Delivery range is still first week of April. Waiting on a new VIN.

I suspect that when they called me three days ago to tell me my delivery had been delayed a week, that they had already yanked my VIN. I texted today asking if they knew where the car was in transit, and shortly after that's when I got a call about the "logistics hiccup" requiring a change in VIN.
Sadder story and posted way late. But I see this happened to many other folks at end of quarter.

After the Friday 3/25 call from Tesla about losing my VIN (and another coming my way “soon”), my delivery appointment was erased, but showed new EDD of April 1 to 7. Unfortunately, 2 days later on Sunday 3/27 that reverted back to July. Arrrgh!

I suspect that they couldn’t get my car to TX before end of quarter, so it went to someone else. Ouch!

I was so bummed I didn’t read the forum for a couple of weeks, then it took me several days to catch up over the last weekend.

Now wondering about this April 15th hold and also about the recent “overheating” problems after long drives - car freaking out after backup camera use or supercharging. We intend to go on long road trips, so I hope this gets resolved soon.

Last edited:
Sadder story and posted way late. But I see this happened to many other folks at end of quarter.

After the Friday 3/25 call about losing my VIN (and another coming my way “soon”), my delivery appointment was erased, but showed new EDD of April 1 to 7. Unfortunately, 2 days later on Sunday 3/27 that reverted back to July. Arrrgh!

I suspect that they couldn’t get my car to TX before end of quarter, so it went to someone else. Ouch!

I was so bummed I didn’t read the forum for a couple of weeks, then it took me several days to catch up over the last weekend.

Now wondering about this April 15th hold and also about the recent “overheating” problems after long drives - car freaking out after backup camera use or supercharging. We intend to go on long road trips, so I hope this gets resolved soon.
I suspect that the 15th might be yet another "re-alignment day" where EDDs get pushed out even further. Each time it happens brings me closer to purchasing a competitor.