Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, guys. I remembered last year when I ordered model X, I got the referral of 1000 miles free charge from my friend, and I got referral of another 1000 miles from refer to my model Y. But when I got delivered of model X, I didn’t see any free charge miles. Do you guys have your referral free charge miles?
I rec'd the 1,000 referral miles from our Nov 2020 order. It showed up in loot box a couple days after delivery. I had presumed since they stopped the referral program it wouldn't happen, but it is a nice surprise. Miles good for 6 months then they expire.

• Informative
Reactions: Empty tank
Hi, guys. I remembered last year when I ordered model X, I got the referral of 1000 miles free charge from my friend, and I got referral of another 1000 miles from refer to my model Y. But when I got delivered of model X, I didn’t see any free charge miles. Do you guys have your referral free charge miles?

I got 1000 free miles from my self-referral (from my Model S). Personally I think it should been 2000 free miles for being both the referrer and the referee, but my S has "Free" Unlimited Supercharging, so...

Bruce.

I got 1000 free miles from my self-referral (from my Model S). Personally I think it should been 2000 free miles for being both the referrer and the referee, but my S has "Free" Unlimited Supercharging, so...

Bruce.
I think it was, once upon a time...but they lowered self-referrals to 1,000 total miles long before they nixed the program entirely (late-2020 or early-2021, iirc; whereas they didn't scrap the program in its entirety until maybe late summer or early fall of 2021).

Team,
Another day and another shift in the delivery window. This would be 17th such in pretty much as many days. Texting Tesla just returns the usual canned message about "we will inform you when your car is ready for delivery". It has been a very frustrating experience and causing a lot of disruption with the family plans (just a single car). I am right here in SF Bay Area so it is should be easiest of the deliveries. Has anyone else seen this happen?

I have. I feel your pain. I got a VIN on March 3 (note I only knew this by checking the app, I never received a text). Very quickly, my delivery window turned into "today" until "today + four days" and would slide back one day per day (updating at around 0605 PST / 0705 PDT). This continued up until delivery day (March 31)...then in the middle of the day I magically got assigned a delivery appointment for 1700 that afternoon. Again, I didn't get a text or email about this, I knew from checking the app.

This sucks and I totally sympathize with your problem about disruption. This is no way to treat customers. I said so as much in the post-delivery survey, if anybody ever reads it.

My car seemed to have spent an unusually long time in QC (it was a February 2022 build). But it seems like the hardware and software are all working...just a few minor fit and finish issues to work off. I didn't get any more information about what issues came up (didn't press real hard on this but I might inquire now that things have calmed down a little bit from EOQ).

Good luck!

Bruce.