Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as you are aware that some of those things won't work on your Refresh X. Not to mention the cascading errors that are displayed when the backup camera comes up, rear restraint errors, car constantly rebooting, flashing lights, and honking the horn when supercharging. The list goes on. Bottom line is that the Refresh software is dramatically worse than the software that is running on pre-Refresh cars. That is my whole point. Tesla's QA in both hardware and software is going in the wrong direction. Stability should be primary, features second.

But if you're happy I'm happy.
I have none of those issues. Picked up the car last week. Have Supercharged and driven it quite a bit.

As long as you are aware that some of those things won't work on your Refresh X. Not to mention the cascading errors that are displayed when the backup camera comes up, rear restraint errors, car constantly rebooting, flashing lights, and honking the horn when supercharging. The list goes on. Bottom line is that the Refresh software is dramatically worse than the software that is running on pre-Refresh cars. That is my whole point. Tesla's QA in both hardware and software is going in the wrong direction. Stability should be primary, features second.

But if you're happy I'm happy.
So you're asserting that all refreshed Model X vehicles have those problems, despite that only a handful of people possessing the cars have reported those issues. Anecdotes are not data.

So you're asserting that all refreshed Model X vehicles have those problems, despite that only a handful of people possessing the cars have reported those issues. Anecdotes are not data.
That is pretty typical of all car and computer brand forums I have every visited. Few posts are positive. Most people come to post issues and get help.

If you read the post assuming they are representing the entire owner community, you would think every Mac catches fire or deletes the drive contents daily. And Tim Cook is reading every email you write will sitting in a vault counting his gold coins.

That is pretty typical of all car and computer brand forums I have every visited. Few posts are positive. Most people come to post issues and get help.

If you read the post assuming they are representing the entire owner community, you would think every Mac catches fire or deletes the drive contents daily. And Tim Cook is reading every email you write will sitting in a vault counting his gold coins.
+1 - the internet is rarely, if ever, an accurate datapoint to use in getting an accurate signal on these things. To your point, people typically flock to communities/social media to share or seek solutions to problems they're experiencing. In general, it's people with extreme vs. neutral positions (eg. people frequently share issues/problems they're encountering, or less frequently, gush over a product or service. But people who are having the experience they expected, which is likely the bulk of users, rarely take the time and effort to share this).

I know aesthetic is subjective... but so many of the design choices in this car just don't make sense.

I get the feeling they are forcing the "its the future" narrative without really knowing why they are making these design choices.

It reminds me of my nephew who has a The Matrix motion wallpaper on his computer and says hes into hacking.
Even so, I’ve already seen two EQSs in my neighborhood, a red one and a white one.

Last edited:
Just posted:

1649955132866.png

Okay so what is this for? I read somewhere is a cruise control light but it always remains lit no matter if cruise is on or off! In my mind it should be touchable like the rest of the buttons and turn on/off cruise alone. But it doesnt 🤔View attachment 793664

That is not actually a button like the rest of the graphics. It is to indicate that the scroll wheel is used for Cruise and AP. Has no use. If it changed colors when engaged, it might be useful.

Okay so what is this for? I read somewhere is a cruise control light but it always remains lit no matter if cruise is on or off! In my mind it should be touchable like the rest of the buttons and turn on/off cruise alone. But it doesnt 🤔View attachment 793664
This is explained in the Steering Yoke section of the Owner's Manual:

"Identifier that is always illuminated to indicate that the right scroll wheel can be used with cruise control."

Got a VIN last weekend, Fremont delivery. Paid in full and EDD changed to TBD.
No one ever ask/email/text me to schedule delivery since then...:(

Congrats on the VIN!

I see you have two Model X orders (from your sig). For the next one, perhaps consider not paying in full until you actually have eyes on the vehicle. Tesla has basically a zero interest loan from you, from now until your delivery date. Also you have more (but not much) leverage in case of problems. I wouldn't worry about it, but paying in full right after getting your VIN doesn't really make things go any faster, at least there's no evidence of this so far.

Bruce.