Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took 474 days from my 2020 Dec order to delivery 3/31/2022.
But I'm one of the lucky ones. No panel or gaps issues, clean delivery and helpful delivery team. Fingers remain crossed.

Shooting new video tomorrow about my 5 seater LR.
looking forward to it.
Its BS. Other stories even state Brakes worked. If infotainment system freezes, brakes, accelerator and turn signals work, however no sound. I have rebooted my TS while driving, just 3 or 4 mins of total quiet. I had full driving controls.

Owner may have panicked, thats the real issue.
'system' freezes is such a loaded term. Meanwhile Beta and even regular NOA continue working without flinching during a reboot. I've even gotten into the car and with what looks like a 'bricked car' thing-- the stalks work and car goes into drive, and I just drove away with the black rebooting screen, after realizing the car wasn't 'bricked'. I hate that term lol. So many chips and computers and places of computer control. It's quite beautiful in a way.

Reactions: IAMCCF
This may be heresy I know. But I'm thinking of delaying my X if it ever arrives. The new Beta software 10.11.2 downloaded the other day is so drastically improved on my '18 MX100D, just wow. I don't want to have Beta torn from my hands when getting my new Starship and they make you start over with a new vehicle. Tesla may not add any more beta testers before wide release, and who knows when that will be, one wonders? Those matrix headlights on refresh are the only thing that will push me over the top to leave Beta at this point, it's just so good. With my July EDD, timing might just work out.

I hear you. My wife is out of town last weekend and took my GMC Denali. I had her X5 all weekend. It was such a breeze to drive. The M sport would be a bit more my speed! I test drove it a few years ago and liked it. Really thinking about it. I’ve been a loyal Tesla customer since 2012. But, I literally feel like they are trying to push me away.
I find myself in a similar boat, with a Dec 2020 order for a 7 seater.

There are some good options out there but the current market adjustments (35K for Cadillac and 45K for the new RR with a 5K non refundable down payment) coupled with the feeling that I will certainly miss not going with the Tesla makes the whole scenario easier to handle.

Good luck with your search - hope you find something that you like!

Reactions: jbrowdy
Someone reported here a few weeks ago that a Tesla employee mentioned on the phone that there was some hold on production until April 15 due to some "exciting" reason. That led to a bunch of speculation and a handful of people giving some corroborating anecdotes (me included) that seemed to line up with an April 15 phenomenon. Looks like we all got excited for nothing. Then again, it is still early in California...

That was the DS Ally at the Fremont delivery center. She used the word "exciting" when describing an update that she said she couldn't tell me about. She was clearly wrong.

Depending on your state buying FSD before purchase vs aftermarket will result in more taxes.
I wonder if any tax accountant knows how FSD can be written off after vs before purchase... like can I write of FSD 100% as a business expense after the fact vs if its tied to the vehicle before purchase but the car is only used for business purposes say 70-80% of the time... Like is it the same as buying software for the company vs buying a car for the company..

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Anyone have any thoughts before making final payment, if it's worth it just to throw in the $10K for FSD? We're likely gonna keep it for 5-8 years.

Sales tax and yearly license fees, since based on the purchase price, will be higher forever. I'd punt and rent it for $199 to try it. I think you'll discover that it's not worth anything near $10K.

Anyone have any thoughts before making final payment, if it's worth it just to throw in the $10K for FSD? We're likely gonna keep it for 5-8 years.
I bought my 2020 X in December 2019 when it was $6,000. There is zero chance I would pay $12ki for it today. Standard does almost the same. And the reality is it should becoming LESS expensive not more. There is ZERO extra hardware for adding FSD. Therefore the R&D for the software can now be divided between dramatically more cars. I.e. if they charged $1,000 per car and sold 1 million cars that would be $1 BILLION dollars! They are not spending $1 billion dollars on FSD.