Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all,

I stumbled across this forum when I was searching online for any information why I had not heard from Tesla in 8+ months since my order. Your posts have been very educational to me as a first-time Tesla buyer. Thank you all for your great insight and information. Until now, I have had nothing of value to contribute, so I have stayed a quiet observer. But that changed the other day. I received a date range a few days ago (April 28-May 19).

My order info is as follows (I don't want to mess up the spreadsheet, so if someone who is good with that can enter this, I would appreciate it):

Original order date - 5/1/21
EDD started at October-Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb-March-July to 4/28-5/19 (
Model X LR
Northern VA/Washington DC area
Black/Black
20" wheels
7 Seater (yes, you read that right, that is why I thought I had something valuable to contribute finally)
Full FSD
Cash sale
No trade in (although I may ask once I get a VIN and an appointment)

No VIN yet, and the date range has stayed steady since I got it 4-5 days ago.

Hope all that helps.
So this is the 4th 7 seater order which has the date range I saw. As I know, two was for delivery to DC. Glad that I’m living near by DC 😎

So the only real issue is if they stop including it on orders placed previous to the announcement. The order agreement for past orders doesn't state the inclusion of the mobile charger but since it has always been included it would be wrong to change what folks are getting for existing orders.

For orders that haven't been placed, this is simply a price increase with decoupling. I have an extra mobile charger so I didn't really need the one I got with the MXP as I have my original 40 amp mobile unit. If I ordered today I'd probably not spend the extra to get the charger.

For PR, what Tesla should have done is wait for another price increase. Announce increased prices, like they did in March, then a week later reduce all prices by $400 and make the mobile charger optional for $400. It would be exactly what they've done now but the optics would be far better.

Tesla doesn’t have a PR/Marketing dept. So clearly PR isn’t high priority, or at least that’s the appearance.

I have no issue with their decision. It’s an additional ~$300 on a $120k+ vehicle. And from personal experience , I used my mobile connector 1 time.

Having said that, I do like the peace of mind of having 1 in my car at all times. So I would buy one.

But again, I don’t have an issue with the decision.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
  • Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
I had to call them and get a co-registrant added. I needed to do this because my bank account is a joint account and to get a loan I needed to have both our names on the MVPA.
It doesn't matter if you have joint bank account or not when applying for a loan.
It's your choice to have co-applicant on your loan or just you just like you apply for a credit card.
However, by getting a co-applicant, you may have better chance to get better rates on loan.

If you were asking about adding your wife to registration and as a co-applicant to your loan, then like usctrojan98 said you need to call SA to request the change.

Funny and stupid thing about that. When we bought our Model S in 2015, we had both my name and my wife's name on the registration. It's important to note that back in 2015, you accepted your car by signing physical documents, nothing was electronic.

We tried to do the same joint registration for our Model X in 2021...we thought it would Just Work, but it turned out that at delivery time (2022q1), the system was expecting her to accept purchase terms with the app logged into her MyTesla account. It turns out that a MyTesla account was created for her back in 2015, but we didn't know about it. So we had to try to password reset her account so she could login, but there was some other snafu, so we ended up finishing the paperwork with wet signatures on hardcopy. (All a few hours before EOQ, clock ticking down, etc.)

I have no idea what account her app is logged into right now...guess I'd better figure that out before she tries to drive the car.

It feels to me there's some lesson to be learned here but I'm not sure what. :eek:

Bruce.

Funny and stupid thing about that. When we bought our Model S in 2015, we had both my name and my wife's name on the registration. It's important to note that back in 2015, you accepted your car by signing physical documents, nothing was electronic.

We tried to do the same joint registration for our Model X in 2021...we thought it would Just Work, but it turned out that at delivery time (2022q1), the system was expecting her to accept purchase terms with the app logged into her MyTesla account. It turns out that a MyTesla account was created for her back in 2015, but we didn't know about it. So we had to try to password reset her account so she could login, but there was some other snafu, so we ended up finishing the paperwork with wet signatures on hardcopy. (All a few hours before EOQ, clock ticking down, etc.)

I have no idea what account her app is logged into right now...guess I'd better figure that out before she tries to drive the car.

It feels to me there's some lesson to be learned here but I'm not sure what. :eek:

Bruce.
Alright, both orders are only showing in my account, not my wife or daughter. How they can sign if the order was not in their accounts I'm just curious.