Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all to to take what SA's say with a grain of salt, but for those interested, I had one tell me that domestic production has not begun for this quarter yet, and that it does not start until the second month of each quarter. He says that is why there is always a delivery wave in the last 4-6 weeks of each quarter.

Seems to make sense for this particular quarter, with Canada orders getting VIN's, but not sure if it happens every quarter like he suggested.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
When I ordered my first Tesla back in 2020, SA told me 1st month production is for export, 2nd month for the East and EOQ is for the West. Not sure if it's still the same as of now though. I picked up my current MX in late 9/2020

That's a contradiction from the info I have. Canadian delivery rhis coming Friday. Build date was April 8th, 2022. Red with white 5 seater
I think he was saying first month is non-us and they don't start US builds until second month each quarter. Again, I have no idea if this is even remotely true, but it lines up with your build date, which is first month of the quarter (assuming you are in Canada).

Team,
Another day and another shift in the delivery window. This would be 17th such in pretty much as many days. Texting Tesla just returns the usual canned message about "we will inform you when your car is ready for delivery". It has been a very frustrating experience and causing a lot of disruption with the family plans (just a single car). I am right here in SF Bay Area so it is should be easiest of the deliveries. Has anyone else seen this happen?

The ordering and delivery process has to be the worst car buying experience (for cars in this price segment at least). I love driving Teslas but when it comes to interacting with the company itself, it is never a great experience (sales or service). Just a few weeks ago I had a chance to experience buying a BMW with a local dealer and I must say that it was an absolute pleasure to have a responsive, transparent and timely delivery process (including pricing). There was a minor hitch that delayed the delivery by 48 hours but they gave me a loaner with apologies.
Folks,
So my Tesla Saga continues and as with every other Tesla purchase experience, I really despise Tesla during these phases. It has now been almost 20+ days of shifting delivery window after being assigned a VIN. It has shifted 20x times. Calling the number and text leads to nothing except the promise of a follow up but no one ever does. They cannot even tell me what the hold up is or what the status of my car is.
Is anyone else in the same boat? Extremely frustrating.

My order was 15 mos ago and still waiting. If I don't get one, I will spend $69 in small claims court fees. It was part of the configuration pre refresh and when I agreed to refresh price increase.
Do other EV manufacturers provide a charger when you buy their cars?
My nephew was charged a "market adjustment" on his Mach-E, even though he preordered it and was told there wouldn't be one. He did "negociate" it down significantly. I didn't ask about receiving a charger with his as this wasn't an issue two weeks ago.

Tesla doesn’t have a PR/Marketing dept. So clearly PR isn’t high priority, or at least that’s the appearance.

I have no issue with their decision. It’s an additional ~$300 on a $120k+ vehicle. And from personal experience , I used my mobile connector 1 time.

Having said that, I do like the peace of mind of having 1 in my car at all times. So I would buy one.

But again, I don’t have an issue with the decision.
We've had our MS for 2 1/2 years and I have never used mine. Now I have another for the MX. I have thought about buying the dryer outlet adapter for visits to our daughter's house (that would also involve an extension cord). Getting 3mph range on the mobile connector doesn't seem worth taking it out of the case.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I emailed order support about the mobile connector, asking if existing orders would receive it. Jorge sent me this response:

Thank you for reaching out. At this time, there is no official information on how current orders will be affected by the mobile connector announcement. Feel free to sign up for the Tesla Newsletter to get the latest updates by clicking on the following link Get Updates .

We've had our MS for 2 1/2 years and I have never used mine. Now I have another for the MX. I have thought about buying the dryer outlet adapter for visits to our daughter's house (that would also involve an extension cord). Getting 3mph range on the mobile connector doesn't seem worth taking it out of the case.
3 mph isn't fast but it's better than not being able to charge at all if you are out of range of the Supercharger network and there are no public charging options available.

While I've only used my mobile connector a few times per year over the past 5+ years, it is indispensable when I visit family in Kansas and Nebraska. There are very few public charging options in the towns that I visit and my brother lives about 30 minutes from the closest public charger and 90 minutes away from the nearest Supercharger. The closest city has a whopping 6 public chargers for 55k residents. I can't rely on public chargers to be available, especially if visiting during the holidays. Fortunately, my brother has a 6-50 outlet. The first time I tried it, I blew the fuses since I was charging at 40 amps on my 2017 mobile connector. We replaced the fuses and now I charge at 32 amps, which is good for over 26 mph of charge.

BTW, day 474 waiting for our Model X.

Hi All,

Just like a hitching post for a horse...

The mobile Gen 2 with 14-50 is what I have used to charge in Florida
for the past 3 years...

Hitching Post.jpg

Still waiting for September (2022) for my new X...

Shawn

Didn’t work. Im startn to hate this flippn car!!
My 2022 Model X Plaid has/had the "safety restraint system fault" error. When the error is displayed I cannot move the middle seat. I have had the error on both the left and right middle seats (and once both seats). And then the error goes away before the next drive (mostly). So far for the last 2 days I have not had the error. I have the latest software version, 2022.12.1. Weird.

Folks,
So my Tesla Saga continues and as with every other Tesla purchase experience, I really despise Tesla during these phases. It has now been almost 20+ days of shifting delivery window after being assigned a VIN. It has shifted 20x times. Calling the number and text leads to nothing except the promise of a follow up but no one ever does. They cannot even tell me what the hold up is or what the status of my car is.
Is anyone else in the same boat? Extremely frustrating.
I am facing same issue like yours.mine was scheduled delivery on 31st March which was later rescheduled after me waiting at Fremont factory for 4hrs .now next one is due on 20th .what’s ur story

• Informative
Reactions: retco
I am facing same issue like yours.mine was scheduled delivery on 31st March which was later rescheduled after me waiting at Fremont factory for 4hrs .now next one is due on 20th .what’s ur story
Based on my having read this thread religiously over the last year, I would speculate that because Tesla could not get you the car by the end of March - end of Q1, they are now shuffling cars to Canada, East coast, and to Midwest for April and May and then will have another mad dash EOQ rush for California in June. That doesn’t mean you won’t get your car soon but unfortunately it appears people have had VINs delayed and then removed completely.