Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the big question for me. We have 4 kids so need the six seater. We have some road trips coming this summer, currently planned in the minivan because seems unlikely I’ll get my X by then :-(. But I’m wondering if it will even be comfortable for a road trip for six and if we can fit all the luggage.
Half the clothes, twice the money is my rule for packing.

I'm taking the X from Houston to Colorado this summer. The wife is pissed at my decision and claims we'll be turning a usually 15 hour trip to 20. But. I. Must. Test. It!
Sounds good to me! I figured out that Estes Park has a supercharger, so I have already picked out the destination. And I’m the wife and the driver/chauffeur. We’re not in a hurry - plan on a few stops there and back.

If we’re talking unnecessary, Teslas (the MX in particular) are unnecessary lol yet here we all are.
Nope, can't take losses at the traffic lights.

The thing with wraps is they’ve gotten more trendy than anything, I feel. Just a few years ago, it was almost unheard of and now, just in this waiting room alone, seems 2/3 cars are getting wraps.

Good marketing, gotta say.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I just received my 5 seater refresh and my son had bought me a set of tuxmats for the legacy but decided to wait for the refresh. Well for the most part they seem to fit. Unfortunately can't provide any pics as my car is currently getting detailed.
Hi wongbow90,
If you wish, call Tuxmats and if you're the first refresh, they will scan your X and the mats will be free for you. Good luck !

That’s brilliant! We actually have some of those already from various moves - not so great for air travel but would be perfect for driving. Will search but if you can share one of the videos would appreciate it.
I’ll have to search but don’t have time for the next few days. i think they are mostly ones with 800 or more miles. There’s one taking a kid to look at colleges, Chicago to east coast and back. Yes, driving is so different from flying. One on camping in a Y is from Iowa Tesla guy where he stuck his shoes overnight in the side cubby in the back. That’s good if you want to swap from regular shoes to sandals or carry golf or hiking boots.

Reactions: Denglehenjiule
Again I am comparing it an ICE road trip. Enjoying great restaurants along the way is one of the gear perks of these long trips. Eating packed meals or grocery store meals is not a great substitute for foodies.
Approaching supercharger, find appropriate restaurant in town and order on line or phone for pickup, get food ( vegetarian, vegan, Texas or KC BBQ, whatever you want ) go to charge, eat. Try for one with picnic tables in less populated places. Works for me in ICE car. Not same ambiance but you can make it special in your own way. As has been mentioned numerous times, enjoy the journey in an EV. Nothing says you’ve got to eat while charging. That’s a choice if you insist on shortest time possible in travel. Watch a movie, play games, even read a book! After a nice meal, indoor or as a picnic. City parks are great. I’m sure the larger, crammed superchargers on the crowded coasts leave a lot to be desired. But you don’t have to eat there.

Last edited:
Reactions: neo1738
Approaching supercharger, find appropriate restaurant in town and order on line or phone for pickup, get food ( vegetarian, vegan, Texas or KC BBQ, whatever you want ) go to charge, eat. Try for one with picnic tables in less populated places. Works for me in ICE car. Not same ambiance but you can make it special in your own way. As has been mentioned numerous times, enjoy the journey in an EV. Nothing says you’ve got to eat while charging. That’s a choice if you insist on shortest time possible in travel. Watch a movie, play games, even read a book! After a nice meal, indoor or as a picnic. City parks are great. I’m sure the larger, crammed superchargers on the crowded coasts leave a lot to be desired. But you don’t have to eat there.
I like this thinking. Don't have my X yet . . . but on long trips my wife and I stock up on our favorite foods for cooler and then also look for unique restaurants along the way.

• Love
Reactions: Prairie
20220427_075607.jpg

Looks like Tesla Software Engineering finally found the code repository from 8 years ago and learned how to copy and paste. Good work team!

Now if they could find the code that lets us customize the side of the driver's screen, our 2022 cars would almost have the functionality of our 2012 Model S. I say almost because I still can't search my USB media like I could 10 years ago....

Looks like Tesla Software Engineering finally found the code repository from 8 years ago and learned how to copy and paste. Good work team!

Now if they could find the code that lets us customize the side of the driver's screen, our 2022 cars would almost have the functionality of our 2012 Model S. I say almost because I still can't search my USB media like I could 10 years ago....
From software development to HW advancements like matrix headlights, Tesla seems to prioritize by VOLUME instead of MARGIN/PRICE. While I find this as somewhat pragmatic, it's very annoying as someone buying their most expensive, lowest-volume product.

My X Plaid was delivered with multiple issues in February and had to be towed to the service center immediately after delivery to my home. It's still at the service center where they are trying to fix multiple issues. Tesla has offered to replace the car since they've been unable to repair it for several months. My originally delivered model included the mobile connector. Apparently the new model does not. Am I entitled to have that included in the replace vehicle?

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine