Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has a policy of continous improvement. Impossible to wait until all the forum announced updates will be on your specific car. Their vehicles will always continue to get better, with improvements being implemented as soon as feasable.
Funny. I kind of see it the refresh as a better car overall, but that thus far the build quality is worse than before the refresh. If we're saying that the Model X refresh has been built since August or so last year, we're now 8 months later and it's looking like there's still a long way to go. 🤷‍♂️

Is that per your SA or Tesla directly? Or just based on reported policy changes to 3/Y?

My understanding (per my SA) is that they are far more lenient on X/S rejections due to the price point and present ramp period. In fact I've yet to hear of a single order getting canceled (but if anyone knows of one, please share!).
I was told this by Jorge (ordersupport email). I asked because after being VINned, my wife saw a Tesla with white interior and wanted to change. I contacted Jorge and was told that this would count as my second rejection (we put our order on hold back in Feb as we weren't ready for the car - that was our first). That we would have to accept the next car we were offered or our order would be cancelled.

After a full month of having my VIN and original delivery date, the ACTUAL day is FINALLY here! They seem to have supreme confidence that it will really happen!

I'll be walking over to the Service Center shortly. Hoping the seats are attached with at least two bolts each. They already fixed two other alignment issues I noticed before. I am so excited. Wish me good luck!

DeliveryDay.jpg

My July 2022 date just dropped, now says May 01 - May 06 and I have my first MX VIN!

Merritt Island Delivery.

View attachment 798521

Edit:

Looks like I celebrated a bit too early. Being told this specific car is being sent back to Tesla for repairs. They are working on another VIN.
Day 453, LR, 19, 5 seat, blue/cream, central Florida: still July. I think it might be lost in space. Had a date range for a couple of days in February but moved back to July where it seems to have nested.

I believed that policy was meaningful until all this comes out about the toxic racism in Fremont.

There may be a policy of continuous improvement, but there is clearly not a culture of continuous improvement nor basic professionalism. The people actually building the cars seem more concerned with protecting their egos than producing the best possible work.

Make no mistake, this culture impacts quality of work. They have priorities over and above doing the best job and that should be unacceptable to management. Yet here we are.

Still the best car available and I'm still taking delivery when it comes (as of now), but it's a hard pill to swallow considering the sorry state of management at the company on nearly every relevant issue.
Was that racism thing back in 2017? Or is it now and ongoing? From what I've read, some vast improvements have been made on the non-racism and even inclusion part since then. Didja see the LGBTQ rating over the years? I believe it's been at the top. Big companies are going to draw at least some racists that have to be dealt with. How is the company progressing on this today, is my question.

HOLY COW! I've been bummed how few VINs we've seen lately along with the slowdown in postings here. I thought about looking at the web site to stare at my EDD again, but decided it was too depressing. If others on here haven't seen movement, I certainly won't have anything. Well, boredom overtook me and I logged on. To my total shock and surprise, I have a VIN (7SAXCDE56NF341xxx) with an EDD range of May 11 - May 15. Dang, I totally put delivery out of my mind. I have to start getting serious. Its real people, VINs are flowing again (unless of course I'm being taunted by the interns and it gets yanked).

HOLY COW! I've been bummed how few VINs we've seen lately along with the slowdown in postings here. I thought about looking at the web site to stare at my EDD again, but decided it was too depressing. If others on here haven't seen movement, I certainly won't have anything. Well, boredom overtook me and I logged on. To my total shock and surprise, I have a VIN (7SAXCDE56NF341xxx) with an EDD range of May 11 - May 15. Dang, I totally put delivery out of my mind. I have to start getting serious. Its real people, VINs are flowing again (unless of course I'm being taunted by the interns and it gets yanked).
looks like the trend continues. Canada, east coast and now a Midwest. fingers crossed for more Chicago VINs.

Update: after a very nice, easy pick up at Sunnyvale, I have my car! To my naked eye, no major issues with alignment, panels, scratches, etc. The advisor was really nice - got out of the way when we were doing the inspection, and was very helpful when we were unable to pair our key card. We took a good 1.5h to go through the checklist and except some of the lights which we could not test due to a bright day and charging/USB, most everything checked out.

I am attaching some close ups for you to help me see if there are alignment issues. I see on the right FWD a small alignment issue at the door handle and a bit of it at the top. Other than that, seems alright. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpg
    IMG_6850.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6851.jpg
    IMG_6851.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6852.jpg
    IMG_6852.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6853.jpg
    IMG_6853.jpg