Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go. I took a quick look around, primarily at panel gaps as well as anything very obvious. Couldn't really see anything with paint as we had storms this morning and the car was wet. The first two pictures are the top of the FWD's looking toward the back of the vehicle. I wanted to show those because it looks like they might be slightly out of alignment. Overall looked pretty good from what I could tell.

One item to note, there were only two refreshed MX's on the lot, your's and another Plaid in white. Hoping that they start seeing some "old orders" delivered for Blue MXLR's...
View attachment 798874View attachment 798873
View attachment 798870
Good luck with your delivery. Hope it's as good as it seems!View attachment 798868View attachment 798869
Thank you so much for these! That is definitely my car. I'd say it looks pretty good. Door handles look aligned at least on the driver's side and the trunk looks good too.

It's strange that it says 4/13 on the window when my VIN implies a March car. Maybe they stashed it after building and finished it on 4/13?

I really appreciate you swinging by. I will be studying your pics for the next hour or so :)

The frustration for me is that we have the older wall connector for our model 3 that talks over a wire if paired to a second. The current ones are wireless, but I don’t expect one new and one old would work together… and I’m not eager to replace the old working one… but I only have a 60A electric line so I dont really want a fixed power split between the two… sigh. Planning to just make do with the one for now and see how it goes.
You might be able to find an older one second hand from someone who wanted to update to the newer gen (or no longer needs it)

The frustration for me is that we have the older wall connector for our model 3 that talks over a wire if paired to a second. The current ones are wireless, but I don’t expect one new and one old would work together… and I’m not eager to replace the old working one… but I only have a 60A electric line so I dont really want a fixed power split between the two… sigh. Planning to just make do with the one for now and see how it goes.
You cannot mix Gen2 and Gen3 in the sharing arrangement. There are some Gen2's out there for sale. I did buy one a year ago to connect to my existing Gen2 charger for the primary/secondary wiring. Shop around, they do turn up. Otherwise you can sell your Gen2 and get a pair of Gen3's for $400 total. Probably get $400 or more for your Gen2 to cover this but...you don't have the 100A charging with Gen3. To some, that is important.

You cannot mix Gen2 and Gen3 in the sharing arrangement. There are some Gen2's out there for sale. I did buy one a year ago to connect to my existing Gen2 charger for the primary/secondary wiring. Shop around, they do turn up. Otherwise you can sell your Gen2 and get a pair of Gen3's for $400 total. Probably get $400 or more for your Gen2 to cover this but...you don't have the 100A charging with Gen3. To some, that is important.
Not that I have anything in the near future to plan for, but I figured this would be an opportunity for a dumb question. I have what I would guess is a Gen1. I got my original in 2012 or 2013. I cannot remember, but it's possible I updated it along the way. Is there any reason to believe that my very old HPWC won't work with a refreshed MX?

Hello So i have finally become a VVinner :7SAXCDE51NF3XXXXX and I am very excited. Its for a Blue Model X, White, 22", FSD to Colorado, EDD May 9th to 13th. Its been quite the interesting ride, with the usual delays that many of the group has experienced. In particular, the recent months have been a roller coaster with 3 times moving from 3-3-22 -3-21-22 then back to July, or 3-21 to 4-18 then back to July, etc. I personally have just been on mode: it will arrive when it arrives, and I will still not believe it until a car is in front of me. I think that Tesla sure has a lot of work to do on customer communication and service, having all of these employees who pretty much know nothing, works for now when they have a competitive advantage, but there were many $100k cars that I almost bought instead and probably would have been treated much better in the ordering/buying process. I am praying my car arrives with minimal quality issues, but who knows it probably will have some, and I plan on doing a fairly thorough check of the car and hope they will be fixed when they can.

A few questions, I am pretty sure this is a 2022 VIN, is that right? Also does this car include a mobile connector? I have the wall connector installed and ready to go, but a backup mobile connector would be nice.

Good luck to everyone else!
My build exactly

Is it just me, or are most of the VINs we have seen the last week been for blue MX orders?

Seems also like most are all non Plaid models.
Y’all are getting me excited over here lol

Just picked up a new M3 to update my wife's 2018 M3. I asked them if they were delivering any model X, sho told me one every now and then. None in the parking lot. July is not looking good. Raleigh, NC
Same experience at the Kennesaw, GA SC a few days ago. No new MX on the lot and very few recent deliveries. There was a refreshed S on the lot but it was already sold and privately owned. At least I got to look through the windows.

Fantastic Delivery, yesterday! I walked the mile and a half to the service center on a beautiful 83° day. Immediately downed two bottles of water. The free water made me forget the extra $5500 I paid for those sexy 22" wheels. I think I can now call it even.

The car is in great shape. They had fixed the two panel issues I noticed weeks ago and now I couldn't find anything to complain about. I quickly loaded my Tidal account, turned up the music, and drove my rocket ship home. (Note to self: while driving, play Elton John's Rocket Man).

This car is everything I had hoped it would be. I still cannot believe it's mine. I kinda feel now it's my obligation to be the kind of person who deserves a car like this. Time to be more productive and give back something to this world that has treated me pretty good.

IMG_5814.jpg
IMG_5803.jpg
IMG_5804.jpg
IMG_5815 copy.jpg

Fantastic Delivery, yesterday! I walked the mile and a half to the service center on a beautiful 83° day. Immediately downed two bottles of water. The free water made me forget the extra $5500 I paid for those sexy 22" wheels. I think I can now call it even.

The car is in great shape. They had fixed the two panel issues I noticed weeks ago and now I couldn't find anything to complain about. I quickly loaded my Tidal account, turned up the music, and drove my rocket ship home. (Note to self: while driving, play Elton John's Rocket Man).

This car is everything I had hoped it would be. I still cannot believe it's mine. I kinda feel now it's my obligation to be the kind of person who deserves a car like this. Time to be more productive and give back something to this world that has treated me pretty good.

View attachment 798944View attachment 798945View attachment 798946View attachment 798955
Nice 👍🏾

Reactions: lexus26 and retco

View attachment 798944View attachment 798945View attachment 798946View attachment 798955
Okay, now I'm getting excited seeing this. Congratulations, looks beautiful!

Not that I have anything in the near future to plan for, but I figured this would be an opportunity for a dumb question. I have what I would guess is a Gen1. I got my original in 2012 or 2013. I cannot remember, but it's possible I updated it along the way. Is there any reason to believe that my very old HPWC won't work with a refreshed MX?

Works great. No need to upgrade or change anything.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Hi @jbrowdy ,

My 2018 Model X 100D would not charge on the
original Gen 1 charger that worked well for my wife's
2015 Model S85D.

Fortunately, I got some Gen 2 chargers as referral awards
back then and all is good now...
I used the mobile connector on 14-50 until the Gen 2
was installed.

You may want to check with some of the refresh people
to see if theirs works with the Gen 1 charger...

@bmah ? @jboy210 ?

Good luck,

Shawn

Reactions: jbrowdy