Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @jbrowdy ,

My 2018 Model X 100D would not charge on the
original Gen 1 charger that worked well for my wife's
2015 Model S85D.

Fortunately, I got some Gen 2 chargers as referral awards
back then and all is good now...
I used the mobile connector on 14-50 until the Gen 2
was installed.

You may want to check with some of the refresh people
to see if theirs works with the Gen 1 charger...

@bmah ? @jboy210 ?

Good luck,

Shawn

I've read of other people with this problem. Haven't seen anything specifically from Palladium S/X owners but I wasn't looking real hard either.

As for me personally, I've only tested my X with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Mobile Connectors. I haven't tried on any version of the wall connectors.

Bruce.

I asked for more information on my order today over SMS. They said I wasn't supposed to be assigned that VIN that it's being sent back for safety concerns.

A few minutes after that, I get an automated text telling me to schedule my delivery appointment.

So now I have a VIN that is supposedly being delivered next Wednesday. I can't figure out what the hell is going on.

The cause of my pull to the left is an alignment issue with the caster. The wheelbase hub to hub on the passenger side is 1705 mm from the center of the hub to hub. The driver's side is 1609 mm. A little over a half-centimeter might not seem like much but it's more than enough to account for the pull at that level of power.

You can compensate by changing the thrust angle with toe adjustments but the thrust angle will still change over varying levels of power. In my case, driving on the freeway is straight and true with no pull to either side. It only pulls under hard acceleration. It's barely noticeable at half power.

For anyone taking a Plaid delivery, I highly suggest you bring at least a 2 plane 360 laser plum and mark out hub centers on the ground (make sure the steering wheel is absolutely straight) and then reject anything more than 2 mm difference. Not as big a deal on LR but 1100 hp will expose the slightest caster problems.

They won't be able to claim that I hit something because the toe is ALREADY adjusted for the caster being off.

EDIT: The hubcaps pull right off without any tools.

Last edited:
just picked up my wife's car after XPEL stealth, ceramic coating, tint, painted calipers, and a few additional mods I did this afternoon (pics of my MYP just so I feel better 🤣)

Capture5.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

The cause of my pull to the left is an alignment issue with the caster. The wheelbase hub to hub on the passenger side is 1705 mm from the center of the hub to hub. The driver's side is 1609 mm. A little over a half-centimeter might not seem like much but it's more than enough to account for the pull at that level of power.

You can compensate by changing the thrust angle with toe adjustments but the thrust angle will still change over varying levels of power. In my case, driving on the freeway is straight and true with no pull to either side. It only pulls under hard acceleration. It's barely noticeable at half power.

For anyone taking a Plaid delivery, I highly suggest you bring at least a 2 plane 360 laser plum and mark out hub centers on the ground (make sure the steering wheel is absolutely straight) and then reject anything more than 2 mm difference. Not as big a deal on LR but 1100 hp will expose the slightest caster problems.

They won't be able to claim that I hit something because the toe is ALREADY adjusted for the caster being off.

Will this work? Do I need 2 of these?

Reactions: Edtreo and JBTMX

No. You need at least 2 planes of 360 in order to plumb the center of the hub bolt to the floor and then both hub bolt floor chalk lines square with each other.

This is the one I have. I bought it to build my shed which has a raised foundation on 9 10" concrete piers.

Looks like this one should also work at half the price:

Reactions: Edtreo
Couple other updates: car came with 2022.12.3.1, and today I am seeing 2022.12.3.2 available for update. Also, my car was built 02/22 which seems like a long time ago. I am glad though, since it is not an end of quarter rushed car.
The "end of the quarter rushed car" may be just an Urban legend these days. Tesla no longer rushes production, just deliveries. They want to get as many US orders delivered as possible, as they then begin staging production to go to the rest of the World. These export cars are then shipped and staged to be delivered in time for the next Quarter.

Fantastic Delivery, yesterday! I walked the mile and a half to the service center on a beautiful 83° day. Immediately downed two bottles of water. The free water made me forget the extra $5500 I paid for those sexy 22" wheels. I think I can now call it even.

The car is in great shape. They had fixed the two panel issues I noticed weeks ago and now I couldn't find anything to complain about. I quickly loaded my Tidal account, turned up the music, and drove my rocket ship home. (Note to self: while driving, play Elton John's Rocket Man).

This car is everything I had hoped it would be. I still cannot believe it's mine. I kinda feel now it's my obligation to be the kind of person who deserves a car like this. Time to be more productive and give back something to this world that has treated me pretty good.

View attachment 798944View attachment 798945View attachment 798946View attachment 798955
Maybe a good time to go the the most recent Sandy Monro video, where he gets his first experience in a refreshed Model X Long Range. The evidence is all over his smiling face at how impressed he is with the latest Model X. Says it is now his favorite Tesla, taking over his previous favorite, the Model S.

The "end of the quarter rushed car" may be just an Urban legend these days. Tesla no longer rushes production, just deliveries. They want to get as many US orders delivered as possible, as they then begin staging production to go to the rest of the World. These export cars are then shipped and staged to be delivered in time for the next Quarter.
Makes sense, given the constraints of their supply chain that they would make whatever they can and ship aggressively vs make aggressively and ship as they make.

So now with the check list, we are LITERALLY accruing a toolbox of esoteric instruments (“2 plane 360 laser plum”) which we shall each have to develop facility in handling and interpreting?

😄

"The longer you wait the less “flawed” the X will be" said a wise man back in 2015
Someone asked Elon once when is the best time to order a new model Tesla. He answered that you either want one of the first ones off the assembly line due to the extra attention those are given to check for flaws caused by tweaks needed on the line, or you want one after the line is ramped and running smoothly. The worst are vehicles made during the ramp up to full production. That's what Elon said. He did, he did, he did.

Congrats! I’m awaiting a Kennesaw 5 seat delivery so this is promising news.
Might be soon. I know I'm getting the car this time because it's encountered delays in shipping. (I expected that). First delivery date was 5/1. They called and asked to shift to May 4th. Sure. One of the kids who actually prep the cars for delivery day called Thursday to ask if they could shift it back to 5/7 (Saturday week) because the truck from Birmingham won't arrive until Thursday (5/5). This is all coming down in Kennesaw. Thought I'd let you know about it, maybe yours is on the slow train from California too!

Reactions: goldenage
Someone asked Elon once when is the best time to order a new model Tesla. He answered that you either want one of the first ones off the assembly line due to the extra attention those are given to check for flaws caused by tweaks needed on the line, or you want one after the line is ramped and running smoothly. The worst are vehicles made during the ramp up to full production. That's what Elon said. He did, he did, he did.
That's why I'm waiting and waiting and waiting, now more than 15 months. :p

Is Model X Refresh worth the wait? Sandy Munro thinks so. Sandy reviewed the Model S Plaid a couple of months back and it wowed him. His only real complaint was he thought the back seats in the S aren't comfortable enough. In the video linked here, one of Sandy's employees bought an X and brings it to work for him to look at. Sandy fiddles with the X, drives it around some and comments: "I'm changing my mind. I thought the S was the best car, but no, it's the X." He really likes it. (For those who don't know, Sandy Munro is a kind of guru who came up in the car business at Ford. He later left and started a consulting company on manufacturing/engineering. His clients range from companies that build rocket ships to all the major auto manufacturers. What he does is to buy a car, completely disassemble it and pass judgment on the design and engineering that is put into voluminous reports that cost clients 6 figures. He is highly thought of).

Sandy Munro Drives An X LR

Same experience at the Kennesaw, GA SC a few days ago. No new MX on the lot and very few recent deliveries. There was a refreshed S on the lot but it was already sold and privately owned. At least I got to look through the windows.
Truck coming in from Birmingham with X's on it this coming Thursday. I know because mine is in that shipment. The Kennesaw delivery center said that. They really, really did.

Reactions: goldenage