Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, today is my official One Year Orderversary. I always thought the minimum wait would be at least one year. But recently, I noticed a lot of other people who have been waiting 15 months (plus or minus) and so I am tempering my expectations yet again. But on the other hand, I see some people getting VIN'd with May 2021 order dates. Which simply means, I get my Tesla whenever they decide to deliver it, with whatever options or upgrades are included at that time. And since there is no logical way to determine when my order will arrive compared to others, I just sit back and read this forum to experience other joys and sorrows along the way. Happy Orderversary to my fellow one-year members and nice to see some VIN's start moving again.
10 days until mine and I've resigned myself to Sept/Oct most likely. Sad.

Reactions: Elixir and Driver 8
Oh, I so hope there really is a LR Plus model coming. When I ordered pre-refresh, it was a LRP model, and AWD was included. When they gave me the $10K shakedown call, I complained to my State Attorney General and DMV about bait and switch. Tesla responded to the State that in the Order Agreement they have no obligation to deliver a model if it is no longer in production. That was their legal excuse, yes the text is there. And it let them off the hook, then.

If they do start production of a LRP model again (yes it was AWD previously too), I am going to have so much fun. Especially if they try another $ shakedown and cancel the LR model. They still have not shipped my pre-refresh 7 seat order. Let's see what happens.

10 days until mine and I've resigned myself to Sept/Oct most likely. Sad.
Perhaps good news?

I recieved my VIN today, original order date 8/6/21, the txt said "VIN 7SAXCDE5XNF341xxx has been issued and is en route to Kennesaw Delivery" EDD is now May 21st to May 27th. I also recieved email's to confirm registration/insurance and trade-in details. I apologize for those that have been waiting longer than I have. Hopefully this is real, crossing my fingers! I will update the spreadsheet later this evening. My order details are in the signature below.

Perhaps good news?

Tesla making cars faster is often better news for shareholders than buyers. More often than not it seems to yield terrible builds.

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to up date any fellow Canadians located in the greater Toronto area, I received the following email from my contact at the Kitchener location:

"Appreciate you reaching out. We have delivered 4 redesigned Model X units so far out of the Tesla KW location. We are currently estimating your vehicle to be ready for 05/18 as long as the transportation and pre delivery inspection goes smoothly. We are hoping to provide you with your VIN # within the next few days."

I have a White, 20" 5 Seater no FSD (order date March 14/2021) on order.

I don't believe a word I was told and will believe it when I see it (the VIN), UT thought the information was worth passing on.

Reactions: JBTMX
Yes!!!! Thanks for coming back, my man! Hope you and your X are doing well!
FC0C6311-5C30-443E-8238-BCBA7B6351C5.jpeg
Doing well! Over 8k miles

Wonderful write up, @bmah . And thank you for all you've done and continue to do for this space. For looks I was thinking of buying 22's to drape a 2nd pair of summer tires on mine but looking at your starship, it looks quite pleasing enough-- unless those are 22's? I've done that route in reverse from L.A., and stopped at both chargers then a turnaround, to up my safety score to 99 successfully. Those cattle ranches used to be absolutely formidable, horrible encounters until bioweapon defense mode and I'm appreciative.

Interesting trick for the safety score! I have the FSD option but didn't opt in for FSD beta yet.

(And somebody else already posted this, but my car has the default 20" wheels and tires.)

I'm quite intrigued by your comment that the X is quieter than your old S. Maybe because your older model is less quiet than a 2018 S that I had as a loaner? I was shocked at how quiet and compliant the ride was of that 2018S was to my 2018 X. But still I'm happy to hear your refresh is quieter than your S.

I think Tesla made a number of improvements to quiet down the S since my car was built. I've driven service loaners (maybe 2017 or 2018 vintage) that were definitely quieter. I've never ridden in a 2021/2022 Model S to compare with the 2021/2022 X.

How was your acceleration on that open road? Was the yoke more comfortable for you in general for a longer drive? Does the AC compare favorably?

Acceleration was...fine? Even though it's a heavier car, on paper at least it's still quicker than my Model S (0-60 3.8 < 4.4). My "butt dyno" can't tell the difference, note I haven't even taken the drive system out of "Sport" mode ("Chill" and "Insane" are the other two settings...I'm not sure what the difference is quantitatively between "Sport" and "Insane"). Probably I'm not a good person to judge that! Anyways I was never in a situation where I was saying "why can't this car accelerate faster". But I rarely say that about any Tesla.

On the drive I did yesterday, the car was on autopilot most of the time so there isn't a whole lot to do with the yoke except rest your hand on it. I guess having something lower down to hold on to (like the 6 o'clock position on the steering wheel) might be nice. I might try lowering the yoke to see if that helps a bit. To paraphrase a joke I read many years ago, trying the yoke is like going on a first date, you have to figure out where to put your hands.

I had the AC on auto mode except for using bioweapon defense mode. I know some people don't like the auto settings (particularly with the seat warmers and vents) but it worked better than I expected. But I think the real test for the AC would be doing that same drive in summer.

Bruce.

FWD's can open in way tighter spaces than regular doors. Try it. If they can't open they won't. Your machines doors are way more bad ass than people realize. Mine opens fine in tight spaces like this:
Yes, I have seen these videos but there is still a leap of faith to make to do it to your brand new car inside your own garage with your own other car :)

I do need to figure out the "obstacle detected" issue that I have seen more than once in the few days I have had the car. Service appointment is set for May 19th (first available). Fingers crossed they figure out whatever sensor issue there is with the FWD.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Yes, I have seen these videos but there is still a leap of faith to make to do it to your brand new car inside your own garage with your own other car :)

I do need to figure out the "obstacle detected" issue that I have seen more than once in the few days I have had the car. Service appointment is set for May 19th (first available). Fingers crossed they figure out whatever sensor issue there is with the FWD.
With regard to the 'obstacle detected' issue I had a similar problem when my new 2020 MX was trying to do 'the dance' but wouldn't. In the end I requested service and it was a sensor that is normally glued to the inside of the FWD but had fallen loose. Tesla fixed it quickly in my driveway. Apparently that sensor coming loose does happen on occasion, especially in warm weather. Good luck with the fix.

Took delivery today. Found out during the drive there is no bass at all from the sound system. I did the reboot and played with equalizer still no luck. Would anybody know or experienced this before? I did schedule an appt on Friday for varies exterior issues. Overall not bad at all just wish I have bass that’s all.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and studioloft
Tesla sure is all over the place with order dates they are delivering. Seems to be no rhyme or reason, not even tied to when they raised prices. Seems like they are ignoring a bunch of q1 2021 orders for some reason.
I saw on fb a guy who ordered a Plaid Feb '22, after I placed my second order in Jan '22. He has a vin and is picking it up this week. No rhyme or reason is right. Thank god the heavenly beast will be worth it when I finally get my butt in the seat. I couldn't imagine any other vehicle where I'd be willing to put up with all the endless waiting. I looked thru the Bimmer 7 and iX sites, and the Benzo EQS SUV. I may even drive them to know for sure. Those cars may be made well, but they look like crap to me inside and out. Kinda buffoonery-- or like the costuming/makeup adornment of the rich folks in hunger games. No offense is meant by this. Sorry I'm just being honest on my take.

I saw on fb a guy who ordered a Plaid Feb '22, after I placed my second order in Jan '22. He has a vin and is picking it up this week. No rhyme or reason is right. Thank god the heavenly beast will be worth it when I finally get my butt in the seat. I couldn't imagine any other vehicle where I'd be willing to put up with all the endless waiting. I looked thru the Bimmer 7 and iX sites, and the Benzo EQS SUV. I may even drive them to know for sure. Those cars may be made well, but they look like crap to me inside and out. Kinda buffoonery-- or like the costuming/makeup adornment of the rich folks in hunger games. No offense is meant by this. Sorry I'm just being honest on my take.
Yeah it’s just super frustrating to watch people who order months after you get their vehicles with the same configs and similar delivery locations. I can’t imagine how frustrated any remaining 2020 or early 2021 orders are. As much as is possible they should be following the order dates to create the line.

Yeah it’s just super frustrating to watch people who order months after you get their vehicles with the same configs and similar delivery locations. I can’t imagine how frustrated any remaining 2020 or early 2021 orders are. As much as is possible they should be following the order dates to create the line.
Months?! Those dates make it a fricken YEAR later than my order and I've got another 3 or 4 months to go!