Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another guy on fb thanked him for making his swivel for his 3 screen. And the motor sounded janky.
Yeah it’s the UI for me. He could be full of it but I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough. It’s not too far fetched that Tesla would’ve add the motor considering 98% of the mechanics are already installed on all the S/X

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Yeah it’s the UI for me. He could be full of it but I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough. It’s not too far fetched that Tesla would’ve add the motor considering 98% of the mechanics are already installed on all the S/X
Someone tweet Elon so we can get to the bottom of this and go back to talking about matrix headlights and garages.

It looked and sounded like he was at a shop that worked on cars, hence the Hanshow frunk opening in the same video and the power tool sounds-- they installed the Hanshow frunk opener in the two days since they picked it up? If I was a Hanshow shop or something like that, I'd have been working on an aftermarket swivel motor since Sandy Munroe opened the S up and discovered the swivel gear capability. Dude didn't explain anything in detail on the video like where he bought the car or vin#, even when asked-- he gave almost no context and wouldn't answer questions on the Facebook post that I saw of his. What software version even had the option to swivel the screen?
How did he integrate controls into the UI then?

I know, but I’m asking how @DelPhonic1 would explain it if it was aftermarket.
I can't explain it, especially the software button. I knew the mechanicals were there to swivel the screen but the motor hadn't been produced yet. I just had a hunch with a few signs not looking right to me. No one has tweeted that it's an upcoming feature like normal, either.

Let's hope I"m wrong because it's a cool feature. I'd want one on my new X, whenever they find their sweet time to get me a VIN.

I can't explain it, especially the software button. I knew the mechanicals were there to swivel the screen but the motor hadn't been produced yet. I just had a hunch with a few signs not looking right to me. No one has tweeted that it's an upcoming feature like normal, either.

Let's hope I"m wrong because it's a cool feature. I'd want one on my new X, whenever they find their sweet time to get me a VIN.
This was tweeted before the video confirmation came out to add some credibility to the videos.

It's a little silly to speculate whether it's "real" or not. It's real guys.

And they don't announce upcoming incremental features... ever. Only rumors on leaks are what we see on Twitter. This one was apparently just easier to hide. But Tesla does this all the time (remember how they shipped heated steering wheels on the Y for months before turning it on?).

The real question is what is the VIN / build-date cutoff for this feature. So far all reports are a very vague "latest". Really hoping this means the basic "refresh refresh" with the charge port, so all of those folks at least will have it. This would be in-line with what Tesla usually does, seemingly to avoid having people cancel pending deliveries to get a single new feature like this.