Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday… on the Bowlus! 😍
Been a bit busy, more details later.
6E7F90CB-49A3-4E76-87DE-47B3D7DDAB80.jpeg
52BCA1CC-E248-4392-8724-50E95B0B777F.jpeg

Short of a typical Elon tweet where he retroactively says "blah blah all cars made since blah have blah", I think the only way we'll know which cars have it for sure will be when the next OTA update drops. Seems like the S in the tweet/video had a pre-release build for some reason.

To date no 7 seaters have been delivered. We've seen 2 VINs assigned. I think it's safe to say switching to 6 seat will get it sooner than staying at 7 seat. Noone can tell you how much sooner as delivery times are all over the place.

even switching may not make difference, If Tesla goes on 7 seat delivery mode, it may even delay 6 seater, My opinion is stick to configuration that meets your need the most, if 6 seat work better, by all means switch, if 7 seat work stay put, don't try to out smart Tesla and its randomness

Does anyone actually HAVE a recent Plaid X with working tilt screen motors yet??? I'm picking mine up on Saturday...

I'm hoping...

Could anything turn us into stupid, greedy little kids so much as anticipating our new Teslas? Part of me was grumpy because I missed the latest MCU or something on my March 2018 Model X...

The problem or no problem is that with tesla no one knows nothing.
I visit my store regularly because it's a shortcut around the BS phone system they have. Depending on who's there, I can get more information.

I am always as pleasant as I can be since they're just doing their jobs and that seems to help.

I was told my car was in Alabama and in-transit on Sunday and Monday. Someone on Reddit once said there's a rail staging area here:
With Alabama being 9 hours away, I would expect once the car leaves Alabama the next stop is my delivery center.

• Informative
Reactions: ductordoc
@jbrowdy , how do you know Model X Plaid 5-seaters are already being delivered???????????

I really need one for my wheelchair; they told me they weren't delivering any and I'd have to wait, now they're shipping them after all?? The 6-seater I settled for is supposed to arrive in a week... I'm kind of not happy about this.
I got one! It's awesome. let me know if you need any specific information and I'll do what. Here is my delivery video plus there are newer videos as well.

It's a little silly to speculate whether it's "real" or not. It's real guys.

And they don't announce upcoming incremental features... ever. Only rumors on leaks are what we see on Twitter. This one was apparently just easier to hide. But Tesla does this all the time (remember how they shipped heated steering wheels on the Y for months before turning it on?).

The real question is what is the VIN / build-date cutoff for this feature. So far all reports are a very vague "latest". Really hoping this means the basic "refresh refresh" with the charge port, so all of those folks at least will have it. This would be in-line with what Tesla usually does, seemingly to avoid having people cancel pending deliveries to get a single new feature like this.
Good point on Tesla trying to avoid the Osbourne effect. I'll buy it. It's still strange to me that an aftermarket guy was the first to see this on a shipped S/X, or maybe it just happened to be his latest client. Call me incorrect and wrong as hell and go back to talking about opening FWDs in the garage or new interest rates or something. Hopefully we'll get this new swivel at the same time as the center of the wheel horn feature, those fancy new matrix headlights and FSD Gamma in wide release. :cool:

Reactions: StrayTexel
Good point on Tesla trying to avoid the Osbourne effect. I'll buy it. It's still strange to me that an aftermarket guy was the first to see this on a shipped S/X, or maybe it just happened to be his latest client. Call me incorrect and wrong as hell and go back to talking about opening FWDs in the garage or new interest rates or something. Hopefully we'll get this new swivel at the same time as the center of the wheel horn feature, those fancy new matrix headlights and FSD Gamma in wide release. :cool:
It was apparently a customer.

The S cutoff date is April 29th or earlier, which is when that particular car was delivered. People are citing that date as the BUILD date, but it was actually the DELIVERY date, so chances are it's been in cars built well before that.

We still haven't seen any proof that it's in the X as well, so something to keep in mind. If the unfortunate trend holds, the X lags a month or two relative to the S in terms of features like this.