Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible that the screen swivel hardware cutoff has to do with the April delivery pause where they had to shut the line down and fix the airbag issue? It seems like they took advantage of the production pause and added this new feature. That would make the cut off in mid to late April. I'm taking delivery May 12th (5 seat LR) and got vin on the 27th so I am assuming I am close to the cutoff. Not a big deal if I don't get the swivel but would be nice.

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner
Is it possible that the screen swivel hardware cutoff has to do with the April delivery pause where they had to shut the line down and fix the airbag issue? It seems like they took advantage of the production pause and added this new feature. That would make the cut off in mid to late April. I'm taking delivery May 12th (5 seat LR) and got vin on the 27th so I am assuming I am close to the cutoff. Not a big deal if I don't get the swivel but would be nice.
Maybe. If so, I'm on the wrong side of the cutoff I think :(. I got my VIN (339xxx) on April 11th.
We are within 10 cars as far our as VIN goes. Plz keep me posted on the delivery and swivel screen :)
I'm close to you guys as well. Will be paying attention to both what you and @Smoot can share with your coming deliveries this weekend.

I was part of that hold but then they told me mine was expedited to have whatever they were holding it for done to mine first as some of you will recall. Really want to know what software swivel folks are running.

Reactions: JackD
12/15 example below
1651721017281.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Jbell
Occupants certainly aren't getting out with regular doors in that scenario. Sure it does increase complexity. Elon says "over engineered". But I wouldn't trade em for anything in my 2018, nor my Plaid. They add bad-assness to any photo taken from the exterior like no other vehicle really, ever. And that to me has value. They're unique, fun, the sound of them all closing is satisfying Star Trek stuff every single day, and they have some great practical sides to them. Loading on the side is really easy too, compared to forcing something thru a regular door. I take my wife on her work drop-off runs for Xmas or easter or gift day x, and she's got easy access to a full load of her myriad boxes from 2 wide open falcon wings to the open trunk making it really easy for her to do her thing. So to each his/her own.

I always thought this was pretty trick too:

Neuralink.

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1 and lsds
Months?! Those dates make it a fricken YEAR later than my order and I've got another 3 or 4 months to go!
I waited 15 months and 2 days. I accept delivery Saturday. Take a little heart here, I doubt you'll have to wait that much longer. Deliveries are definitely picking up. And truth be told, Tesla didn't actually get the assembly line up and running until last fall. Even then, it was limited until early this year. When the line was working, it's pretty apparent they concentrated on getting new S's out the door first; X production didn't really start to ramp until eh, around March. Then they had the 2-3 week shutdown because of the airbag issue.

That's all to say I think X's will be rolling out a lot quicker now, at least they seem to be. If it's even haphazardly chronological, given they concentrated on 6 seaters first, but still loosely chronological, and I'm a Feb 21 order, they'll be working their way down the reservation list a lot faster than they have been. Just a guess... another 6-8 weeks or so until you take delivery?