Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't suppose there's any chance that the motors were there a little earlier and just not enabled in software? For anyone who got swivel, what is your software version?
if the Hardware is there and the servos are the only thing missing, you should be able to move it by hand with just a bit of force.
Even is the servos are there and its limited by software...you still should be able to move it since servos generally have just a little resistance to them and manually moving them would not damage them.

I'd say...if you can't move it manually, you won't get it via software.

Unless they have a self locking mechanism like the steering wheel has but i doubt they will go that far for a swivel screen

My 2c for having basic knowledge about mechanical arms and servos but definitely not a Tesla engineer.

Hoping to see our MXLR 5seat 20” in June but no VIN or EDD other than July.
QUESTIONS:
I’m sun sensitive due to medications and feel the need for sun shade or tint. Does the old sun shade fit the new X?
What about FWD screens.
If there are specific recommendations they would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
bob

you will want some high quality nano ceramic tint with high ir rejection like 3M Crystalline.

As promised attached are a couple of pictures showing the tilt screen options in the menu. Also, have the brake calipers always had the words "TESLA" on them or is this a recent change? For some reason I thought they were plain black on the earlier built cars?

Attachments

• 20220505_042856522_iOS.jpg
    20220505_042856522_iOS.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 20220505_042901533_iOS.jpg
    20220505_042901533_iOS.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220505_042834949_iOS.jpg
    20220505_042834949_iOS.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220505_042844380_iOS.jpg
    20220505_042844380_iOS.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 107
Hoping to see our MXLR 5seat 20” in June but no VIN or EDD other than July.
QUESTIONS:
I’m sun sensitive due to medications and feel the need for sun shade or tint. Does the old sun shade fit the new X?
What about FWD screens.
If there are specific recommendations they would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
bob
I'd be curious if the old fit the new as well. Maybe I won't hold onto the sun shade when trading in my 2018... But check around, since there have been many discussions in the diff chats on blocking the sun. I have sensitive skin because of a big burn or two on the dome, but still maybe not as sensitive as you. After research, the data I found showed that a Spectra Photosync tint was best out of all of the tint makers, for blocking UV rays from the sun. If I were you I wouldn't scrimp on that (is scrimp a word?) Its expensive and hard to find dealers that install it since the maker is pickier with finding quality installers, but to me it's well worth it. I don't need the sunshade anymore unless I'm driving into the sun, even in the hottest and sunniest So. Cal days-- and I opted for the lightest Spectra Photosync tint..

Last edited:
As promised attached are a couple of pictures showing the tilt screen options in the menu. Also, have the brake calipers always had the words "TESLA" on them or is this a recent change? For some reason I thought they were plain black on the earlier built cars?
This is such BS, when I ordered my MX Refresh I was told I would have this feature and I never got it. BTW the calipers are the same as my early build Refreshed X

Reactions: aba_woo and Elixir
if the Hardware is there and the servos are the only thing missing, you should be able to move it by hand with just a bit of force.
Even is the servos are there and its limited by software...you still should be able to move it since servos generally have just a little resistance to them and manually moving them would not damage them.

I'd say...if you can't move it manually, you won't get it via software.

Unless they have a self locking mechanism like the steering wheel has but i doubt they will go that far for a swivel screen

My 2c for having basic knowledge about mechanical arms and servos but definitely not a Tesla engineer.

The hardware is already there. Did you watch the Munroe Live episode on the dash?

I'd be curious if the old fit the new as well. Maybe I won't hold onto the sun shade when trading in my 2018... But check around, since there have been many discussions in the diff chats on blocking the sun. I have sensitive skin because of a big burn or two on the dome, but still maybe not as sensitive as you. After research, the data I found showed that a Spectra Photosync tint was best out of all of the tint makers, for blocking UV rays from the sun. If I were you I wouldn't scrimp on that (is scrimp a word?) Its expensive and hard to find dealers that install it since the maker is pickier with finding quality installers, but to me it's well worth it. I don't need the sunshade anymore unless I'm driving into the sun, even in the hottest and sunniest So. Cal days-- and I opted for the lightest Spectra Photosync tint..
Thank you

This is such BS, when I ordered my MX Refresh I was told I would have this feature and I never got it. BTW the calipers are the same as my early build Refreshed X

Welcome to owning a Tesla. We are watching it play out with Matrix headlights -- We know they are coming since ALL other Tesla models have them but they need to go through their supply of the old headlamps before they will switch. The switchover will happen and then all non-matrix owners might have some regrets BUT you've got the car! Waiting sucks!

Welcome to owning a Tesla. We are watching it play out with Matrix headlights -- We know they are coming since ALL other Tesla models have them but they need to go through their supply of the old headlamps before they will switch. The switchover will happen and then all non-matrix owners might have some regrets BUT you've got the car! Waiting sucks!
Folks waiting on a Model 3 LR now have been pushed back down to legacy lights, so waiting doesn't always work out.

Also, remember the passenger-side Model Y lumbar support?

It's like Vegas.

Tesla customers: It sucks that we need to wait a year to receive the car and sometimes, people who ordered after me received their car before me

Also Tesla customers: I got my car but it sucks that I don't have the latest and greatest

Please advise: my delivery is scheduled for 5/7(Saturday). VIN was assigned on 4/10. But there is absolutely no communication at all(even the appointment was scheduled without contacting me, I checked it on the app). How likely this will stick? My original SA is no longer with Tesla and no other mode of communication has worked.

I need to change around my schedule for this. I don’t want to do all that only to find our car is not ready when I show up for pickup.

Thanks in advance 🙏🏽

Please advise: my delivery is scheduled for 5/7(Saturday). VIN was assigned on 4/10. But there is absolutely no communication at all(even the appointment was scheduled without contacting me, I checked it on the app). How likely this will stick? My original SA is no longer with Tesla and no other mode of communication has worked.

I need to change around my schedule for this. I don’t want to do all that only to find our car is not ready when I show up for pickup.

Thanks in advance 🙏🏽
What's your VIN serial number? I have a similar situation and VIN (339xxx) assignment date, and while my SA has been impossible to reach (for MONTHS) I was able to call my local delivery center, and the folks on the phone there are actually pretty good. The short of it is: my car has been stuck at Fremont, waiting for a truck. My EDD shows "TBD" though, so it's interesting that you have 5/7 and have yet to talk to a human about it. I would be concerned too. Call your local delivery center (their main number) and you should be able to find someone to tell you what's going on. And please report back!

Thanks in advance 🙏🏽

How far are you from your store? I keep going down there and asking for updates. They can see where the car is located. If my car isn't being delivered tomorrow I am expecting a call today like I got on Tuesday.

Reactions: mix261
What's your VIN serial number? I have a similar situation and VIN (339xxx) assignment date, and while my SA has been impossible to reach (for MONTHS) I was able to call my local delivery center, and the folks on the phone there are actually pretty good. The short of it is: my car has been stuck at Fremont, waiting for a truck. My EDD shows "TBD" though, so it's interesting that you have 5/7 and have yet to talk to a human about it. I would be concerned too. Call your local delivery center (their main number) and you should be able to find someone to tell you what's going on. And please report back!
How far are you from your store? I keep going down there and asking for updates. They can see where the car is located. If my car isn't being delivered tomorrow I am expecting a call today like I got on Tuesday.
Thank you both! I am not too far from the store but I have a busy schedule this week. I probably will go this evening to see what’s going on.

Reactions: mix261