Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
btw, Rob Mauer on his show yesterday, also was not initially confident the swivel was Tesla rather than aftermarket, as well.

Good to know it's not aftermarket!

Model X OEM Tilting Screen Thread
Long-shot, but: I saw one report that it's using the same motor that's used in the seats, and that someone was able to fit it into the screen housing, and once hooked up the UI enabled the controls for it to swivel (SWIVEL!).

Probably a BS rumor, but interesting nonetheless. Could indicate a potential "OEM-like result via aftermarket install" path for the future (assuming Tesla doesn't block it in SW.

Got an update 2 hours ago my car was at the Kennesaw, GA Tesla store which means it's on the truck and making a pit stop, probably to drop off other cars.

Now just wondering if the driver will be able to make it down to Florida from the origin of Birmingham, AL within his 11 hour driving window, lol.

I'm not hopeful I will take delivery tomorrow, and if I do it will likely be late. I want it sooooooooo bad :(

Got an update 2 hours ago my car was at the Kennesaw, GA Tesla store which means it's on the truck and making a pit stop, probably to drop off other cars.

Now just wondering if the driver will be able to make it down to Florida from the origin of Birmingham, AL within his 11 hour driving window, lol.

I'm not hopeful I will take delivery tomorrow, and if I do it will likely be late. I want it sooooooooo bad :(
Pics please, when it happens!

Reactions: DelPhonic1

I think they will take 1-2 days for inspection before they can release the car. My cane is at my local SC for more than 24 hours and my delivery is 2 days away

Spoke to a local delivery advisor today, he said (as far as he knows), any vehicles produced after April 22, 2022 have the swivel feature. My VIN 341xxx, he said, likely does not have the feature but it might and he said we’ll just have to wait and see at delivery.

Update: I was told my vehicle build date is 4/26 by another sales advisor so it seems as though (as far as she knows) it should have the feature

Last edited:
Spoke to a local delivery advisor today, he said (as far as he knows), any vehicles produced after April 22, 2022 have the swivel feature. My VIN 341xxx, he said, likely does not have the feature but it might and he said we’ll just have to wait and see at delivery.
Did he mention anything about retrofits? So far I've yet to hear anyone reporting "no". Just "unknown" so far.

Did he mention anything about retrofits? So far I've yet to hear anyone reporting "no". Just "unknown" so far.
I was told it’s unlikely by the local delivery advisor, but he could be wrong because he also didn’t even know the build date of the vehicle yet told me that it doesn’t have the swivel feature.

Hoping (regardless of my vehicle having the feature) that they offer retrofits to those of you who would like it

Reactions: StrayTexel
Just posted a Poll to see how everybody is feeling about Tesla's progress over the next few months:

First advice is not to post that you intend to sell it immediately.

If Tesla is aware that you intend to flip the car, your delivery date may disappear.
FYI, Tesla, I do NOT intend to sell the MX I ordered in January 2021. I plan to loyally drive it until I buy my next Tesla, like I have done since 2012, in case you are reading this.... (as he crosses his fingers, hoping the intern on duty decides to assign a VIN to the Tesla Faithful...) ;)

Did you get the update from your local Telsa folks or in some other way? My VIN is assigned and delivery to Kennesaw for May 21-27th

Reactions: goldenage

Update: I was told my vehicle build date is 4/26 by another sales advisor so it seems as though (as far as she knows) it should have the feature
What part of the vin has the number you used. Is it at the end?