Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went into my account to see if I was one of the lucky folks getting VINs or at least date ranges (no) and noticed this disclaimer on FSD. Has this always been there?

Attachments

• 2C604013-ABA6-4BCD-A909-5B9AA5F1E8FF.jpeg
    2C604013-ABA6-4BCD-A909-5B9AA5F1E8FF.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 138
Went into my account to see if I was one of the lucky folks getting VINs or at least date ranges (no) and noticed this disclaimer on FSD. Has this always been there?
It started last month.

Reactions: Denglehenjiule
You can modify your order and keep your base price by emailing [email protected].
Do not go through your SA. I tried going through my SA and he said I would have to pay current pricing. Emailed order support and Jorge made the changes.

I can second this. Was told by Jorge today that US orders can make modifications while keeping the base price. Canadian orders, however, currently cannot :(

Matrix requires different electronics. Doubtful it can be retrofitted but all refresh cars were advertised as coming with a swiveling screen. I think Tesla will have to figure that one out but then again, we know several things Tesla has failed on from vanity lights to FSD.
I'm still waiting to hear if they will ever enable to old style Horn, The part has supposedly been shipping in cars for months.. but still not enabled.

So today, almost 90 days after taking initial delivery, my Plaid is finally “done”

- took 2 months to get into service center/have parts arrive to align doors properly and replace dashboard top due to frayed stitching. 10 days at SC to complete work.
- Dropped car at OCDetailing in Fremont day after picking up from SC. Full Custom PPF and ceramic. Took 8 days, but holy hell was it worth it!
- Mobile tech visit today to reapply rear Tesla logo and Plaid emblems (removed from car during wrap). Upgraded from Plaid text to Plaid graphic emblem!

It was a process but the car is perfect now - sending everyone patience and good vibes!

F96065DE-FF85-4807-82F3-CBDD6EDF599C.jpeg

CFBB2432-D526-4359-84D6-F20F003F4B4A.jpeg

Last edited:
So today, almost 90 days after taking initial delivery, my Plaid is finally “done”

- took 2 months to get into service center/have parts arrive to align doors properly and replace dashboard top due to frayed stitching. 10 days at SC to complete work.
- Dropped car at OCDetailing in Fremont day after picking up from SC. Full Custom PPF and ceramic. Took 8 days, but holy hell was it worth it!
- Mobile tech visit today to reapply rear Tesla logo and Plaid emblems (removed from car during wrap). Upgraded from Plaid text to Plaid graphic emblem!

It was a process but the car is perfect now - sending everyone patience and good vibes!

View attachment 801046
View attachment 801047

Wow congrats! Do you have both black and red Model X?

Has the price of PPF gone up?!?! I just had a local installer quote me $12,000 for XPEL Stealth and $9,000 for XPEL Ultimate plus for my Model X. I paid around $5,000 in 2016. At these prices, I might just go without PPF. :confused:
That seems a bit high but it depends on your locale. I imagine CA is way more expensive than SC for example. Partial PPF (full hood, bumpers mirrors luggage guard etc) with xpel and full ceramic is around $4500 here in SC.

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
Has the price of PPF gone up?!?! I just had a local installer quote me $12,000 for XPEL Stealth and $9,000 for XPEL Ultimate plus for my Model X. I paid around $5,000 in 2016. At these prices, I might just go without PPF. :confused:

It's a scam. I'd rather repaint the car (will never do that anyways) than get a wrap ;) I keep my car thoroughly dirty and dusty to protect the paint.

For the wood trim. My 2018 XLR 100d has a black interior with a darker (maybe walnut) trim. I like it. Do some woodworking and like walnut. My new Refresh (XLR Blue/Black) is supposed to have ‘Ebony’ trim. If it really is ebony it’s very expensive. Might not care for it. Just me. Thinking of asking around to find someone with an X.
Refresh with the lighter wood who’d like to swap. This assumes my car (ordered 29 January 2021) shows up. Wonder how much the Tesla body shop would charge. Or if they’d even do it.