Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to owning a Tesla. We are watching it play out with Matrix headlights -- We know they are coming since ALL other Tesla models have them but they need to go through their supply of the old headlamps before they will switch. The switchover will happen and then all non-matrix owners might have some regrets BUT you've got the car! Waiting sucks!
This is true for all high tech products. You buy the best product that's available at the time. There will always be something better in the future. You either need to be satisfied with the one you buy, or make a plan to upgrade. And if you upgrade, the cycle starts again.

i know there's a "tilt screen" thread, but did they just re-add the feature? i just went on their order page:

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Great White
How amazing, I do not believe this. FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY, I never thought this will happen.:cool:

Today is the day....... Yes, TODAY IS THE DAY... I have heard this from a lot of people here on the forum but finally, it's MY DAY.

YAY YAY YAY... I have my Orderversary today. One full year. WOW can't imagine. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I thought you got the VIN when I start reading your posting. 🤷

How amazing, I do not believe this. FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY, I never thought this will happen.:cool:

Today is the day....... Yes, TODAY IS THE DAY... I have heard this from a lot of people here on the forum but finally, it's MY DAY.

YAY YAY YAY... I have my Orderversary today. One full year. WOW can't imagine. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Welcome to the Club, my friend. The more the merrier. Misery loves company. *sigh*

Looks awesome! I did pretty much the same thing as you. Had to get one of the FWDs serviced so it would not rub on the corner when closing. Took it to OCDetailing (but put xpel wrap also) and had the new plaid badge put on instead of lettering. Looks great!

I wonder if my X met up with any other Xs from TMC at OCDetailing? Dropped off 15 April, picked up 29 April. Very happy with their work.

Obviously they removed the T logo on the liftgate to do the wrap. I kinda like the debadged look, particularly because the logo is the only chrome on the back of the car. I might just leave it off.

Bruce.

I wonder if my X met up with any other Xs from TMC at OCDetailing? Dropped off 15 April, picked up 29 April. Very happy with their work.

Obviously they removed the T logo on the liftgate to do the wrap. I kinda like the debadged look, particularly because the logo is the only chrome on the back of the car. I might just leave it off.

Bruce.
Wow, OCDetailing must do fantastic work. 3 people from the BayArea going to them for service. I guess I don't need to shop around anymore. The only thing missing is.....the car.....

Bruce.

Dropped mine off on April 25th, picked up on May 3. Believe I snuck a view of a MSM X next to mine via Sentry Mode within the first few days after dropoff.

Bruce.
Took mine in on March 28th. I asked them to wrap the T on my follow up appointment and I love the wrapped T to match.

If it wasn’t wrapped I would leave it off but it looks much better than when it was without it imo.

Reactions: bmah and lexus26
Took mine in on March 28th. I asked them to wrap the T on my follow up appointment and I love the wrapped T to match.

If it wasn’t wrapped I would leave it off but it looks much better than when it was without it imo.

Bruce.
Do share pics of your debadged/wrapped T. Would like to see how this looks - especially on white, the chrome looks out of place for sure!

Reactions: bmah and lexus26
That will be good to me , my car built date is 4/27, but wont arrive till 5/15

What's your VIN serial number? I have a similar situation and VIN (339xxx) assignment date, and while my SA has been impossible to reach (for MONTHS) I was able to call my local delivery center, and the folks on the phone there are actually pretty good. The short of it is: my car has been stuck at Fremont, waiting for a truck. My EDD shows "TBD" though, so it's interesting that you have 5/7 and have yet to talk to a human about it. I would be concerned too. Call your local delivery center (their main number) and you should be able to find someone to tell you what's going on. And please report back!

I think they will take 1-2 days for inspection before they can release the car. My cane is at my local SC for more than 24 hours and my delivery is 2 days away

Surprising absolutely nobody, my car is stuck in Marietta GA because of a firmware hold. And the windshield is busted and needs to be replaced.

Why they sent it to GA instead of my local delivery center is anyones guess.

My frustration cannot be described.

• Love
Reactions: StrayTexel
Surprising absolutely nobody, my car is stuck in Marietta GA because of a firmware hold. And the windshield is busted and needs to be replaced.

Why they sent it to GA instead of my local delivery center is anyones guess.

My frustration cannot be described.
I heard it comes on a train there , before truck moved to our area