Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bad. Congrats, that's looking like a fresh one. Almost certainly is a tilting (yes I'm calling it that) screen model.
Thank you. Tilting, prolly. Matrix: highly doubtful but I keep hope alive. I'm curious as to what tires are being delivered lately on Plaids here in the L.A. area... If they're all seasons, I may buy some aftermarket or resold stock 22's, plus some good summer tires as a 2nd set. Yes, Virginia, I drive in the snow as often as I can in California. I may beef up at least the brake pads as well. Just even talking about it makes me realize yet again, how insanely versatile this magnificent beast is.

Last edited:
Looks like a field model. Definitely no swivel. Matrix lights are not rolled out yet
Do you think this was a previously rejected VIN and I'm next in queue? I don't want a leftover vehicle and i'm not in a rush to take delivery. I'll see how it is day of delivery and decide to reject or negotiate the fixes. I'll see if they can add the matrix lights and/or swivel screen.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
Interesting chart pulled from the James Stephenson tweet below.
It's pretty clear where the MX (and MS) stand in terms of volume.

1651939362937.png

Occasionally when I back the Y out of the garage in the afternoon, there is a strong glare from the setting sun.

With a motorized tilt screen, cameras all around, and AI, it should be a relatively simple matter to triangulate the sun and adjust the reflection off the driver’s face. Just put it as an optional setting “Auto adjust screen to minimize glare.”
Now, that's creative!! ... we might as well incorporate the powered seat and move you out of the way of the sun's rays!

And while we are at it... For total nuttiness: We can have the navigation system route you so as to minimize sun glare. Of course, since we are going down this road, we can also have a minimize sun streaming on passenger mode (for the spouse...) 🤣😂😁

HEY... maybe we can even open the falcon doors (as shown in my avatar picture) as we are going down the freeway and use them for shading from behind! (don't worry, with the new noise cancelling algorithm, you will hardly notice they are open...) 😁😁😁

On 2nd thought, I may have a 2nd wave field X. To tell you the truth, I can't wait anymore. I'll take it if it's in good shape.
Why do you say that? You have a current vin number at 342xxx, my car was built on 3/24 and I have a vin of 3376xx...

You can call the 800 # delivery center and they will tell you the physical build date... they will even tell you if it has not been built yet... In my case, vin assigned Monday, Car built Thursday, took delivery following Tuesday (I am in Orange County, CA... so your timeline should be similar.)

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Why do you say that? You have a current vin number at 342xxx, my car was built on 3/24 and has a vin of 3376xx...

You can call the 800 # delivery center and they will tell you the physical build date... they will even tell you if it has not been built yet...
Tell you the truth another said they just got a vin and thought it was field, so wanting to be encouraging, I mentioned I didn't care I just wanted my car which is true. Too much empathy. Stop that!😄

I also like going in to the Tesla center and talking shop with the SA's, see if I get any rumors coming out of em.