Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell you the truth another said they just got a vin and thought it was field, so wanting to be encouraging, I mentioned I didn't care I just wanted my car which is true. Too much empathy. Stop that!😄

I also like going in to the Tesla center and talking shop with the SA's, see if I get any rumors coming out of em.
I have a 337 vin as well and the car has arrived at the facility. However, they say they are waiting for a part and dont tell me what the part is. Does yours have the swivel screen?

I have a 337 vin as well and the car has arrived at the facility. However, they say they are waiting for a part and dont tell me what the part is. Does yours have the swivel screen?
Odds are not for the swivel screen but something that didn't pass inspection. Looking at the thread, it could be any number of things, but your best bet is to simply ask your SA what the exact issue is - it will eliminate speculation and anxiety (hopefully).

Reactions: croman
Just took delivery of my replacement Plaid after the original one spent almost three months in the service center waiting for a replacement windshield (there are none). Was told (in writing) that it would have the matrix lights and refreshed tail lights. Has neither. Less than three minutes on the first drive and the windshield is cracked again. Key fob delivered dead, license plate frame bent, radio only plays treble out of two speakers, the rest play nothing (balance and all eq settings have been reset to factory default). lf they can't even inspect the key and the radio to be working at the time of delivery it makes one wonder what else they simply ignored as well. Now knowing that there are no windshields available I am really discouraged about this whole process. I am going to ask for a refund. This has been without question the most frustrating and substandard car buying experience of the past 30 years.
Sorry to hear that. Definitely seems if they had more QA/QI a lot of these problems would have been fixed. That being said not sure why the windshield is cracking immediately after delivery unless you're on a TV show you don't know about.

I’m sorry to hear of your experience. 😢
I trust Tesla will make it right for you at least with your vehicle, and I anticipate better vehicle delivery logistics design in the future!

Everybody who has a bad experience should give as constructive of feedback as possible. It will make a difference.
As well, the people that have a bad experience, and it gets fixed somehow, sometimes heads off into the darkness never to be heard from again. If the bad experience of hardware especially, gets fixed, we would hope that good information gets posted here and will help others.

Just took delivery of my replacement Plaid after the original one spent almost three months in the service center waiting for a replacement windshield (there are none). Was told (in writing) that it would have the matrix lights and refreshed tail lights. Has neither. Less than three minutes on the first drive and the windshield is cracked again. Key fob delivered dead, license plate frame bent, radio only plays treble out of two speakers, the rest play nothing (balance and all eq settings have been reset to factory default). lf they can't even inspect the key and the radio to be working at the time of delivery it makes one wonder what else they simply ignored as well. Now knowing that there are no windshields available I am really discouraged about this whole process. I am going to ask for a refund. This has been without question the most frustrating and substandard car buying experience of the past 30 years.
I'm wondering if certain states or areas have less quality service than others. Of course these issues shouldn't have left the factory that way, but the local center should have found them as well.

Reactions: Elixir
If I had to bet on it, I'd bet my $250 order fee on it coming at the end of they ear after they make their expected "first run" of refresh cars and burn through their inventory of old headlights that have probably been sat on the shelf waiting for the delays to resolve

Me, I'm waiting for them to come to their senses and drop the base price back into iX or eTron or base Taycan 4 territory, but I'm sure that won't happen until everybody with an order gets theirs in a few years, lol

Last edited:
I'm wondering if certain states or areas have less quality service than others. Of course these issues shouldn't have left the factory that way, but the local center should have found them as well.

As someone who has been to a few different Tesla SCs I can confirm this is absolutely the case.

My understanding is these locations operate with a set of guidelines for repair/service sent via internal memorandum. There is an element of quality control in SC operation that is certainly lacking. Tesla could really benefit from having one staff member visiting each SC to make sure they are all being operated at the same level.

I wonder if my X met up with any other Xs from TMC at OCDetailing? Dropped off 15 April, picked up 29 April. Very happy with their work.

Obviously they removed the T logo on the liftgate to do the wrap. I kinda like the debadged look, particularly because the logo is the only chrome on the back of the car. I might just leave it off.

Bruce.
so it takes 14 days/2 weeks to wrap MX? we had our MY wrapped and it took 5 days (different location). i guess bigger car?

WOW! refresh MX LR 7 seater with tilt screen (posted by a guy from the FB group picking up in Salt Lake City tomorrow) but he got a preview of his car just now

Tesla Model X Plaid & LR | Facebook
didn't know about this group so i asked to join. that's a good sign that they are building MXLR 7 seaters. waiting for our vin. same config except cream interior

Reactions: honeyfist301
Anyone having trouble signing into their account(website)? Tesla app has me signed in but website won’t let me in. Password resets but just won’t authenticate or let you login!!
Elves making updates perhaps(positive)??
check and make sure you are not using VPN. i sometimes forget to turn mine off on my phone and it won't let me sign in to the website. my app won't connect and i would think that the servers are down. i can't pre heat/cool my car. then i checked my VPN and it was on. as soon as i turn it off, all is well again.

I mean I already had conversation with Jorge who is taking care of order modifications. He said the price will be honored and it is able to change configuration by him. Just curious about the date of order was made if it stay still or changing to new date when the changes were made. I have the date of 6/13/21 but I don’t want to be changed to today’s date.
did you ever get a response from jorge about the order date? i didn't know this was possible. i logged in today and now i have the payment method available and i see the "edit design" link. not sure if it's because it's within 60 days from "delivery date" which is july. i was thinking of getting 6 seats instead of 7. but being that we're close to the delivery date (hopefully it doesn't change), it's not a big deal if we keep our current config of 7 seats. but if the order date doesn't change our delivery date doesn't change, then we may opt to make changes.

did you ever get a response from jorge about the order date? i didn't know this was possible. i logged in today and now i have the payment method available and i see the "edit design" link. not sure if it's because it's within 60 days from "delivery date" which is july. i was thinking of getting 6 seats instead of 7. but being that we're close to the delivery date (hopefully it doesn't change), it's not a big deal if we keep our current config of 7 seats. but if the order date doesn't change our delivery date doesn't change, then we may opt to make changes.
71DFADB9-CD30-4AC8-918D-4CBEE8904A4F.jpeg

This is what Jorge told me. 👍

View attachment 802163
This is what Jorge told me. 👍
thanks, did you make your changes? if so, is the info correct? did your original order date change? the "boss" is fine with changing our order to 6 seats like i originally wanted. i might be able to convince the plaid upgrade too. though it looks like august-october for plaid orders so still not too bad of extra wait if we go plaid. but just in case i can't get her to sign off on the plaid, i don't want my EDD to be pushed to next year.