Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks, did you make your changes? if so, is the info correct? did your original order date change? the "boss" is fine with changing our order to 6 seats like i originally wanted. i might be able to convince the plaid upgrade too. though it looks like august-october for plaid orders so still not too bad of extra wait if we go plaid. but just in case i can't get her to sign off on the plaid, i don't want my EDD to be pushed to next year.
No, I didnā€™t make any changes. Donā€™t wanna pushed back since the 7 seater is start to delivered!

Reactions: Kitt9000 and w1n78
I have been unVINā€™d!! Yay! Yes yay because it was done at my request. I chose to reject persistently delayed delivery of my 331xxx car since being VINā€™d in March due to QC issues. Did not want to take delivery of a car that was produced weeks ago and hasnā€™t cleared QC as yet and has no reliable ETA. Also because I am traveling and wonā€™t be there to inspect the car in-person on delivery for next few weeks.
The absolute nightmare called "Tesla Delivery" continues.
So after a week of being unVIN'd as per my request, I was paired back with the same old freakin VIN and the cycle of T+4 day ever shifting delivery window has started all over again. Calling to get information or answers is a frustrating and fruitless endeavor.
Tesla is never going to scale up and be successful if this sort of mess continues. It is actually getting worse. If they cannot manage keep their s&^5 together while delivering less than a million cars, how do they expect to deliver millions one day soon!!

My X Plaid is already built but kinda wish I got the 22ā€™s. Tesla doesnā€™t seem to sell them, and canā€™t find a set on eBay. Does anyone know a good alternative?

Whenever I order a car, I pimp it out to the max with every OEM option lol. I think the wheels were silver when I ordered so I opted for the 20s. Not the end of the world though!

No, I didnā€™t make any changes. Donā€™t wanna pushed back since the 7 seater is start to delivered!
ya part of me just wants to leave it alone. we're fine with what we ordered. i preordered the cybertruck so the MXLR will be hers and we're trading her MYLR for the truck. that one will be all mine. excited for you. looks like you'll get your vin before ours because of your order date. but since you got the 7 seats also, hope ours won't be too far behind.

i did notice our delivery center is a different location than the last 2 we picked up. i might have to see if i can get that changed. hope that doesn't mess with the order. distance wise i think it's the same. i'm just used to going to the "old" location than the new one.

Reactions: honeyfist301
My X Plaid is already built but kinda wish I got the 22ā€™s. Tesla doesnā€™t seem to sell them, and canā€™t find a set on eBay. Does anyone know a good alternative?

Whenever I order a car, I pimp it out to the max with every OEM option lol. I think the wheels were silver when I ordered so I opted for the 20s. Not the end of the world though!
browse here on the forums or post a thread to ask. i'm sure someone has a set they're willing to sell.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Maybe I'm the outlier but I dont feel like I'm missing out on the tilting screen. Even if I did have it, It would likely be in the neutral position most of the time anyways for ease of use by both the driver and passenger.
I haven't driven much since Saturday (delivery post coming soon) but I don't really see the value of the tilt/swivel. One more thing to break.
On 2nd thought, I may have a 2nd wave field X. To tell you the truth, I can't wait anymore. I'll take it if it's in good shape.
I ended up w/ an EOQ (March, 2022 337 VIN) car. I was SUPER nervous that it would be crap but it is darn near perfect. Go in with an open mind and if the car is a good one I would take it.
I have model X plaid that has arrived at facility and vin assigned. However, they say they are waiting for a part? anyone know what's that's about? build date is March 2022, do you think it has the swivel screen?
I have a March, 2022 car (337 VIN). I do not have the tilt/swivel screen but I do have the updated charge port/taillights. Personally, I haven't seen a need for the moveable screen but it's only been 2 days.

Reactions: jbrowdy

I wish you were in California because I am in the opposite camp. I ordered my MX with 22" wheel but do not want those. I am afraid to update my order and risk messing up pricing.

We picked up our Plaid X (Ordered September, 2021) on Saturday (7 May). Plaid/Blue/Black/6/20/No FSD/337 VIN. I was nervous about getting an EOQ car and went in planning to reject. Based on the pictures sent by @1pinhigh the car looked pretty good so I shifted to optimistic.

Well, I can tell you that the car is nearly perfect. I have "all the things". Hitch is wrapped in plastic and in its case. mobile Connector is there. Hitch plug was in there. All of the seats work, doors work, no frayed stitching, all of the floormats are there, etc. No swivel/tilt but I do have the updated charge port and taillights.

The only issue is with the PRND below the wireless charger. It looks like the backing for the N has been scratched off. See here:
PXL_20220508_173607702.jpg

Also, the passenger FWD is very slightly out of alignment. When I take it in for the above, I will ask for their advice. I don't want them to make it worse. You can see that the C pillar coming from the rear of the car forward is slightly higher than the right side FWD.
PXL_20220508_193539727.jpg

I'm thinking it's close enough to not mess with. I am still trying to figure out the FWD. In my driveway, the doors will not open all the way. Nothing above them. I can force them open and I get the prompt to "open fully at this location" (but I'm worried that the GPS is not accurate enough and it will try to open fully in the garage). But when we went out to dinner for Mother's Day they opened up fully in the restaurant parking lot. The doors are set to Auto, not Low.

Having the front windows tinted to match the rears on Wednesday. Otherwise, I'm just going to drive it!
PXL_20220508_193435463.jpg

We picked up our Plaid X (Ordered September, 2021) on Saturday (7 May). Plaid/Blue/Black/6/20/No FSD/337 VIN. I was nervous about getting an EOQ car and went in planning to reject. Based on the pictures sent by @1pinhigh the car looked pretty good so I shifted to optimistic.

Well, I can tell you that the car is nearly perfect. I have "all the things". Hitch is wrapped in plastic and in its case. mobile Connector is there. Hitch plug was in there. All of the seats work, doors work, no frayed stitching, all of the floormats are there, etc. No swivel/tilt but I do have the updated charge port and taillights.

The only issue is with the PRND below the wireless charger. It looks like the backing for the N has been scratched off. See here:
View attachment 802174

Also, the passenger FWD is very slightly out of alignment. When I take it in for the above, I will ask for their advice. I don't want them to make it worse. You can see that the C pillar coming from the rear of the car forward is slightly higher than the right side FWD.
View attachment 802179

I'm thinking it's close enough to not mess with. I am still trying to figure out the FWD. In my driveway, the doors will not open all the way. Nothing above them. I can force them open and I get the prompt to "open fully at this location" (but I'm worried that the GPS is not accurate enough and it will try to open fully in the garage). But when we went out to dinner for Mother's Day they opened up fully in the restaurant parking lot. The doors are set to Auto, not Low.

Having the front windows tinted to match the rears on Wednesday. Otherwise, I'm just going to drive it!
View attachment 802181
I've observed something consistent with virtually every "positive" delivery review around here:

STEP 1: Declare the car as "perfect" or "near perfect".
STEP 2: Go on to list all of the things wrong with it.

Don't get me wrong- your list is short. And I'm happy that you're enjoying the car. But it's not perfect, at least by typical automotive production standards in the 21st century.

View attachment 802174

View attachment 802179

View attachment 802181

Oh! I don't see PRND at the bottom of wireless charging area. I saw that referenced in the owners manual but I assumed they have moved away from it or something. Should I log a case for it? I hope it's not a difference between LR (mine) and Plaid (yours).

View attachment 802174

View attachment 802179

View attachment 802181
Glad to hear you had a good experience and the car is in good shape overall. Can't wait for mine to show up. On day 427...

Reactions: DelPhonic1
so it takes 14 days/2 weeks to wrap MX? we had our MY wrapped and it took 5 days (different location). i guess bigger car?

No, it's more like a week. I had some constraints on when I could drop the car off, so I ended up leaving it with them about a week in advance of when work actually started. (They were really flexible in dealing with Tesla delivery window ambiguities...my original appointment was in December!) The car goes back to OCDetailing on Thursday for a 45-minute follow-up appointment so they can check everything over.

Bruce.

Oh! I don't see PRND at the bottom of wireless charging area. I saw that referenced in the owners manual but I assumed they have moved away from it or something. Should I log a case for it? I hope it's not a difference between LR (mine) and Plaid (yours).

It's there, but just not lit up and/or visible until you press the place where one of the letters is (you need to hold down the letter for a second or two, if I recall right).

Bruce.

Reactions: ironwill96
You're not supposed to see it until it is activated. If the car is on (you are sitting in the driver's seat and press the brake) you can double tap the area next to the Hazard light symbol and the PRND letters will light up. I found I had to tap it several times but it did eventually come up. That works fine in my car.

The problem with mine is that you can see part of the N even when the backlight is off (that's the picture). I believe the black masking on the back was scratched during manufacture or installation.

Reactions: ductordoc

View attachment 802174

View attachment 802179

View attachment 802181
Buddy, pal! NE Ok you say? You, uh, up for showing that thing off to an order holder? WInk wink, nudge nudge? :)

You're not supposed to see it until it is activated. If the car is on (you are sitting in the driver's seat and press the brake) you can double tap the area next to the Hazard light symbol and the PRND letters will light up. I found I had to tap it several times but it did eventually come up. That works fine in my car.

The problem with mine is that you can see part of the N even when the backlight is off (that's the picture). I believe the black masking on the back was scratched during manufacture or installation.
looks like the soft touch material has peeled away there.

I have a 337 vin as well and the car has arrived at the facility. However, they say they are waiting for a part and dont tell me what the part is. Does yours have the swivel screen?
I have a 338 vin and I was able to get someone to tell me that they are waiting on the side airbag fix before they can deliver. In my case, my car has been sitting for over a month waiting for this part. Given that this was a recall issue, it is very possible that you are waiting on the same part/service that I am... To follow up on your other post, our cars will likely have the updated tail lights and charge port, but not the swivel screen or matrix headlights.

Reactions: StrayTexel

View attachment 802174

View attachment 802179

View attachment 802181
I wish I could have the front windshield tinted... No go in MASS :-(

I'm a Jan 27, 21 order and I finally figured out how to update my signature lol. I've had two babies since placing my order so the car is desperately needed.. Quick question, I rented a 2018 6 seat X on turo to try it out and I was immediately worried about cargo (strollers, etc) coming from the back and hitting the two babies in the 2nd row if there was an accident. What do you guys use as a cargo net or wall to keep the kiddos safe from cargo shifts? Thanks!