Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh! I don't see PRND at the bottom of wireless charging area. I saw that referenced in the owners manual but I assumed they have moved away from it or something. Should I log a case for it? I hope it's not a difference between LR (mine) and Plaid (yours).
When you reset/reboot the computer (holding down both scroll wheels) you will see the PRND at the bottom of wireless charging area aluminate.

• Informative
Reactions: usctrojan98
You're not supposed to see it until it is activated. If the car is on (you are sitting in the driver's seat and press the brake) you can double tap the area next to the Hazard light symbol and the PRND letters will light up. I found I had to tap it several times but it did eventually come up. That works fine in my car.

The problem with mine is that you can see part of the N even when the backlight is off (that's the picture). I believe the black masking on the back was scratched during manufacture or installation.
Ah, double-tap next to hazard is a good tip to check ... will try it later today. Unfortunately, I have lost the car since I bought it for my wife and over the weekend she became comfortable with it (dang it!) :)

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I wish I could have the front windshield tinted... No go in MASS :-(
You do know windshield tinting below the AS-1 line is mostly illegal in nearly every state (if they say 5-6 inches allowed that’s basically just the AS-1 visor strip area)? Just do 70% and they’ll never notice it especially if you are doing 30% or darker on the other windows. The windshield will look 100% clear in comparison.

Reactions: Driver 8
My X Plaid is already built but kinda wish I got the 22’s. Tesla doesn’t seem to sell them, and can’t find a set on eBay. Does anyone know a good alternative?

Whenever I order a car, I pimp it out to the max with every OEM option lol. I think the wheels were silver when I ordered so I opted for the 20s. Not the end of the world though!
Think about it this way; those heavy OEM 22's cost $5500 + the 20" wheels and tires. Now you can sell the 20's for at least $2000 and you will essentially have $7500 toward a killer set of lighter forged wheels. That was the thought process on my order.

I've observed something consistent with virtually every "positive" delivery review around here:

STEP 1: Declare the car as "perfect" or "near perfect".
STEP 2: Go on to list all of the things wrong with it.

Don't get me wrong- your list is short. And I'm happy that you're enjoying the car. But it's not perfect, at least by typical automotive production standards in the 21st century.
Sure. Some of it is convincing ourselves that the thing we just paid $130k for is worth it. Should they have caught the PRND masking in QA? Yes. The FWD alignment, Idk. As I said, I think it's close enough and I would put the panel gaps up against anyone. So I think "nearly perfect" is correct. You can go back through my posts in this thread and see that I am not a fanboy. Perhaps I should change "nearly perfect" to "it could have been worse?"

Oh, forgot to mention. The car is on 2022.12.3.3. My wife drive it from KC to Tulsa and supercharged twice (she had to hit IKEA while she was up there). Car did not freak out. So fingers crossed, no computer issues for us.

Think about it this way; those heavy OEM 22's cost $5500 + the 20" wheels and tires. Now you can sell the 20's for at least $2000 and you will essentially have $7500 toward a killer set of lighter forged wheels. That was the thought process on my order.
Agreed, If I were in their shoes I'd just plan to pick from hundreds of aftermarket wheel options and either resell the 20's or use them for snow tires depending on the climate.

Reactions: blodg1
No, it's more like a week. I had some constraints on when I could drop the car off, so I ended up leaving it with them about a week in advance of when work actually started. (They were really flexible in dealing with Tesla delivery window ambiguities...my original appointment was in December!) The car goes back to OCDetailing on Thursday for a 45-minute follow-up appointment so they can check everything over.

Bruce.
Wow, impressive customer service and quality assurance! I wish some specific company would learn from OCDetailing....:rolleyes:

Good point. I never bought wheels that are not OEM so I have some research to do. I’m such a noob when it comes to this LOL

Reactions: blodg1
Has any 5-seater owners/future owners found good all weather floor mats? I know Tesla has only front seats available currently, and tesmanian only has 6 seater option currently.
My son ordered a set of tuxmats for my 5 seater back in 2020. They sat in the box until I took delivery of my refresh April 22, 2022. They seem to fit well for the most part and am pleased with them.

We picked up our Plaid X (Ordered September, 2021) on Saturday (7 May). Plaid/Blue/Black/6/20/No FSD/337 VIN. I was nervous about getting an EOQ car and went in planning to reject. Based on the pictures sent by @1pinhigh the car looked pretty good so I shifted to optimistic.

Well, I can tell you that the car is nearly perfect. I have "all the things". Hitch is wrapped in plastic and in its case. mobile Connector is there. Hitch plug was in there. All of the seats work, doors work, no frayed stitching, all of the floormats are there, etc. No swivel/tilt but I do have the updated charge port and taillights.

The only issue is with the PRND below the wireless charger. It looks like the backing for the N has been scratched off. See here:
View attachment 802174

Also, the passenger FWD is very slightly out of alignment. When I take it in for the above, I will ask for their advice. I don't want them to make it worse. You can see that the C pillar coming from the rear of the car forward is slightly higher than the right side FWD.
View attachment 802179

I'm thinking it's close enough to not mess with. I am still trying to figure out the FWD. In my driveway, the doors will not open all the way. Nothing above them. I can force them open and I get the prompt to "open fully at this location" (but I'm worried that the GPS is not accurate enough and it will try to open fully in the garage). But when we went out to dinner for Mother's Day they opened up fully in the restaurant parking lot. The doors are set to Auto, not Low.

Having the front windows tinted to match the rears on Wednesday. Otherwise, I'm just going to drive it!
View attachment 802181
Setting “always open fully at this location” does not override the sensor to always fully open (in your garage). I think the top sensor may be ignored but the FWD sensors are still active.

My LRX is still waiting with an EDD of July. Frankly, I'm fine waiting as we're still dealing with our home construction and won't be moving into it until next year anyway.

Do you think we'll get the matrix headlights like the refreshed S down the line?
I’m on the opposite end of that. Our plan is to start and finish building a small 2 bedroom house by the end of the year. I don’t want to tie up my cash in that right away until I have the tesla, so everything is on hold until then. I could easily have the house built in a month, but then the money set aside for tesla would have to wait until the end of the year, and then knowing my luck it would come in right when I don’t have the money lol.