Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up our Plaid X (Ordered September, 2021) on Saturday (7 May). Plaid/Blue/Black/6/20/No FSD/337 VIN. I was nervous about getting an EOQ car and went in planning to reject. Based on the pictures sent by @1pinhigh the car looked pretty good so I shifted to optimistic.

Well, I can tell you that the car is nearly perfect. I have "all the things". Hitch is wrapped in plastic and in its case. mobile Connector is there. Hitch plug was in there. All of the seats work, doors work, no frayed stitching, all of the floormats are there, etc. No swivel/tilt but I do have the updated charge port and taillights.

The only issue is with the PRND below the wireless charger. It looks like the backing for the N has been scratched off. See here:
View attachment 802174

Also, the passenger FWD is very slightly out of alignment. When I take it in for the above, I will ask for their advice. I don't want them to make it worse. You can see that the C pillar coming from the rear of the car forward is slightly higher than the right side FWD.
View attachment 802179

I'm thinking it's close enough to not mess with. I am still trying to figure out the FWD. In my driveway, the doors will not open all the way. Nothing above them. I can force them open and I get the prompt to "open fully at this location" (but I'm worried that the GPS is not accurate enough and it will try to open fully in the garage). But when we went out to dinner for Mother's Day they opened up fully in the restaurant parking lot. The doors are set to Auto, not Low.

Having the front windows tinted to match the rears on Wednesday. Otherwise, I'm just going to drive it!
View attachment 802181
Congrats for your new X ☺️

Reactions: lsds
Update on my order and wanting some thoughts. I got text and scheduled delivery. Not sure if I want it. the car is 337 and not sure if I should pass on this. My plan is to look at it and go over a checklist while at Fremont delivery center. The car has 37 miles on it, which is more than my last two Tesla with closer to 15-20 Miles.
I just picked up a 337 car this past Saturday. It is an EOQ (March, 2022) car. It does have the updated taillights and charge port but not the moveable screen. I too was nervous about an EOQ car. I went in expecting to reject but it was nearly perfect (the PRND trim piece below the phone pads needs to be replaced - simple fix). I decided to accept it and have been happy. We have put 430 miles on it so far including 2 supercharging sessions and it has been rock solid. I have no regrets.

PS: My MVPA said 27 miles but it had 15 on it when I picked it up.

where can i get more info on the "latest" changes as of May 2022? so far i seen/read about the matrix headlights and swivel screen. some have mentioned charging port? i don't know about that and where can i read more about it? any thing else i missed?
Larger Charge port (like 3/Y) and updated taillights have been around for a few months now. My March car has them. Swivel screen is on the latest cars, added 3rd week or so of April. Matrix headlights are still just rumored for June/July but that is an old rumor.

Reactions: n.one.one and w1n78
I have a VIN with a delivery date May 29th, however I am leaving town for 2 months around that time. Any suggestions on what I can do? I don't want to lose my price. In a perfect world, they deliver the car at the end of July. Should I un-match? Any idea on how long it would take to re-match? If it's only going to take a week or 2, I might as well just take this one.

... and we finally have our first non-generic EDD: 5/23-6/11. Has been holding steady at October for the past 2+ months. Fingers crossed this holds!

Hoping for swivel, matrix, massaging seats, extra screen for the 3rd row, USB-L charging, and more!

Order deets in my signature.
This is very good news and I am happy for you 👍

If you don't mind me asking, what's your plan with the MYP? Are you trading it in to Tesla or selling it privately or keeping it? I am in a similar situation with you however I am still waiting for both my MYP and MXP.

Hope that you get your VIN soon...exciting!!

This is very good news and I am happy for you 👍

If you don't mind me asking, what's your plan with the MYP? Are you trading it in to Tesla or selling it privately or keeping it? I am in a similar situation with you however I am still waiting for both my MYP and MXP.

Hope that you get your VIN soon...exciting!!
Will likely trade in so long as the offer from Tesla is good. Many folks on here have had good luck lately with quality offers from Tesla directly.

Reactions: BonB
Has anyone else been told (in between VIN and delivery) that their vehicle is in transit and is in a “dead zone” (an area where the car is not connected to the internet)?

I was VINed 2 weeks ago, and I’ve been told the vehicle is “in transit” for 1.5 weeks without any other update. Because of the dead zone, the SA has no idea where the car is between Fremont and the delivery center.

Has anyone else been told (in between VIN and delivery) that their vehicle is in transit and is in a “dead zone” (an area where the car is not connected to the internet)?

I was VINed 2 weeks ago, and I’ve been told the vehicle is “in transit” for 1.5 weeks without any other update. Because of the dead zone, the SA has no idea where the car is between Fremont and the delivery center.
your profile says you're in fresno. aren't all cars still being built there? the texas factory is only building MY standard range for employees? so if this is true, 1.5 weeks to be in transit is a bit odd. unless transit includes waiting for a truck to move it to a delivery center?

This is accurate. They want to make deliveries when the cars are ready. Changed this about 4-6months ago.
Crap. What's the furthest we can push out our delivery?

Our house is delayed, the closest supercharger is 30 minutes away, and we have no way to install a proper charge unit in our apt. 5-15 charging of an X is unreasonable.

Tesla really dropped the ball on MA infrastructure.

Can you provide some information on the delivery schedule? Prior to receiving your VIN what was the month they said you could expect delivery? I am a July 2021 order that went from a December 2021 delivery to January then February then March and now July 2022.
My delivery month has been July for a while and then out of the blue I saw the VIN on the app. And about an hour ago I got a text saying I can schedule delivery, which I did for next Tuesday (though it says pending delays in transport and inspection)

Reactions: msjodilynn1
I have a VIN with a delivery date May 29th, however I am leaving town for 2 months around that time. Any suggestions on what I can do? I don't want to lose my price. In a perfect world, they deliver the car at the end of July. Should I un-match? Any idea on how long it would take to re-match? If it's only going to take a week or 2, I might as well just take this one.
Not sure if they will put your order on hold for two months. I am in similar situation based on when my EDD ends up They mentioned that since the process is fully digital, they would be happy to deliver the car to my wife when I am out of town. Of course I want to be there to take delivery and check for any quality issues but anyways it was an option given to me.