Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN 3422xx on Friday morning 5/6/22. That was two days after it was born on 5/4/22 as confirmed by my SA. Vehicle is expected in Irvine 5/21/22, so I would imagine my delivery will be 5/23-5/27.
Build: LR6/MSM/White/20”/NoFSD - ordered 2/12/21.
My EDD range was/is 5/18-5/27.
I have the same configuration as you, different paint color, also in OC. You ordered five months before I did, so maybe I’ll finally get my VIN five months from now 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: DelPhonic1
So today marks day 500 since the refresh announcement on Jan 27th, 2021. Congrats to all of those who have persevered this long.
Your math is off as it's only been 469 days since January 27th, 2021. The reason I know for certain is because this Saturday will be day 500 for us and we ordered on 12/30/2020.

@jbrowdy , how do you know Model X Plaid 5-seaters are already being delivered???????????

I really need one for my wheelchair; they told me they weren't delivering any and I'd have to wait, now they're shipping them after all?? The 6-seater I settled for is supposed to arrive in a week... I'm kind of not happy about this.
I received my MXLR 5 seater in Toronto, Canada April 22nd

Your math is off as it's only been 469 days since January 27th, 2021. The reason I know for certain is because this Saturday will be day 500 for us and we ordered on 12/30/2020.
Weird - but you are correct. The calculator I used to do it quickly was the source of the error. For whatever reason, it differs between machines - this was using Microsoft Calculator for dates.

When they say you can schedule delivery how large of a date range do they give you to pick from? My Tesla ordering experience from a few years ago is very different from what it is today.
The app will typically only give you 3 days or so to select. However, I was also given an email address for the delivery center. I was able to email them and push it out almost 2 weeks. It's a 4-hour drive for us so it had to be on a Saturday, and we already had plans the Saturday after the notification. They were fine to reschedule it for the following Saturday.

Yes, back then, I believe we thought spring 2021 was a possibility for our Model X order. We certainly didn't expect a 500+ day wait.
i see majority of people who ordered on Jan/feb21 are either showing july or august edd but there are lot of of them who ordered in march 21 and beyond received theirs even if it is 5 seater LR. Its very sad that people who got excited and ordered on or few days after refresh announcement date are severely punished with huge delays.