Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jbrowdy , how do you know Model X Plaid 5-seaters are already being delivered???????????

I really need one for my wheelchair; they told me they weren't delivering any and I'd have to wait, now they're shipping them after all?? The 6-seater I settled for is supposed to arrive in a week... I'm kind of not happy about this.
There are no Plaid 5 or 7 seaters that will be built, unfortunately. Only 6 seat Plaids. 5 and 7 seats are LR only.

I don't think it's inflation since I just found another installer who quoted me $5,000 instead of $9,000. Sometimes inflation is used as an excuse for extortion. We need to go no further than oil companies and their record profits for evidence of that :)
In regards to oil companies: They are not extorting anyone...

Remind us again what business you are in? I am sure your organization has passed on stock options, personal pay raises, opportunities to increase the price of products... All in the name of being a nice organization, making sure to avoid even the appearance of "extortion"...

I am not saying oil companies are extra "nice", but they are companies made up of humans like you and me and are no different than Tesla, Facebook or AT&T. All trying to make a profit and a living for employees while delivering products and services that we all like / want....

After 444 days of waiting I’m conVinced I’m never getting the car. Can’t believe the Jan 21 orders haven’t been fulfilled. What are they doing? Here in SoCal I have seen plenty of refreshed X, haven’t been able to ask someone when they ordered unfortunately.

The SA lip service is laughable. I wonder who coined the term “priority list” because surely no such thing exists.

Forgot to mention was able to lock in 1.99% 65-month with DCU. Was shocked when they came back with a rate lower than the best shown on their site especially with the fed raising rates right now.
Thanks for the tip. I am applying with DCU and can confirm they are still offering 1.99% on a 65 month. They will approve the rate for 45 days and if there is no VIN by the end of the 45 days, then I will have to reapply and hope DCU hasn’t raised its rates.

• Love
Reactions: ironwill96
If BMW made an EV of that size (seating 6+), added a frunk, gave up on the idea of grilles in general (latest iteration of the kidney design concept is so awful), and built to their traditional build quality standards, they would do so well.

Buying another ICE though? In 2022? Madness. But congrats on the car regardless.

It still leaves issue of range, Germans make cars with range appropriate for European ways where people do not drive as much as USA, also level of driver assist technologies need to catch up, charging infrastructure other than Tesla SC network need to be more extensive, reliable and fast, current 3rd party chargers are more or less L2 or destination chargers, exception being Electrify America, how ever they are a few and far between and in peak travel days they may be occupied more often than not, for rest getting 250-300 miles in less than 30 minute not possible, In absence of access to Tesla supercharger network, any EV remains a local usage car

Last edited:
Reactions: Prairie
Thanks for the tip. I am applying with DCU and can confirm they are still offering 1.99% on a 65 month. They will approve the rate for 45 days and if there is no VIN by the end of the 45 days, then I will have to reapply and hope DCU hasn’t raised its rates.
So I went to the DCU web site and it looks like there are restrictions to membership that could be a little challenging, especially since I don't have a family member who's a member and didn't work for or retire from any of the companies listed. With that being the case, how would one go about applying for membership lacking those items?

Asking for a friend...

Reactions: lexus26
I had a convo with the Tesla delivery number guy and it was clear he knew something and wouldn't tell me no matter how many questions I asked him.

Me: Is my car still at Fremont? Is that the delay
Roberto: ahhh, well... we don't know where it is. Its at a 'holding center', uhhhh.
Me: Fremont? Lathrop? Where?
Roberto: uhhhhhhh, not sure.

I'm not mocking others-- if what you mean is how I feel about latest Benzes and Bimmers. I'm just calling it as I see em. I was a big BMW guy for decades, but somehow their design just grew away from my sweet spot where they had been previously. MBenz I never had anything against them and loved the 3 and 4/500 series, but again, the designs seem so flamboyant and tacky lately. Not just the grills but the interiors. Car grills lately are like the gold teeth on rappers, etc. I just can't take it. It's not meant as a slight to the folks buying them. I just don't understand where all of that tasteful design they've shown in the past has gone. Its like the spare interior designs of Teslas parallels the designs of BMW in previous decades. What adjectives did they use to describe BMW interior designs back then? Austere. Teutonic. Like that. Love that.

Also, fwiw, to me a plug-in hybrid is a waste of time. Most people, me included in the past, buy it and plug that Plug-in hybrid in for the first year or so, but after a while the inconvenience of plugging in every night exceeds the benefit in the heart. Then they just fill up with gas and carry useless, unused battery around wherever they drive. You'll probably see studies that show this.

Boy I wish someone would pay me to write this. Apparently it's not my calling.

I read an article or perhaps it was a youtube video ( I forget now) that alluded to the same thing... Hybrids are pretty much useless and for the same exact reason you mentioned.... it's carrying around a heavy battery which you don't use most of the time and only serves to drain your gas quicker with the added weight. It concluded that you should either go ICE or All electric because trying to do both is pretty much useless and more inconvenience than benefit regardless of how car companies market it.

I read an article or perhaps it was a youtube video ( I forget now) that alluded to the same thing... Hybrids are pretty much useless and for the same exact reason you mentioned.... it's carrying around a heavy battery which you don't use most of the time and only serves to drain your gas quicker with the added weight. It concluded that you should either go ICE or All electric because trying to do both is pretty much useless and more inconvenience than benefit regardless of how car companies market it.
Also there is the complexity of hybrid. Now I am a ICE car, no wait, now I am EV, no wait.... And there are 2 different propulsion systems to maintain and try to blend.

Question prior to picking up my X on Tuesday… I was quoted $142.53 per month for Tesla Insurance which fluctuates monthly based on my safety score. This is my first Tesla. Is that monthly premium pretty good, or should I shop around more? FWIW I’m in Chicago.

Remind us again what business you are in? I am sure your organization has passed on stock options, personal pay raises, opportunities to increase the price of products... All in the name of being a nice organization, making sure to avoid even the appearance of "extortion"...

I am not saying oil companies are extra "nice", but they are companies made up of humans like you and me and are no different than Tesla, Facebook or AT&T. All trying to make a profit and a living for employees while delivering products and services that we all like / want....
And ROI for the investors. My Tesla shares help pay for my Tesla cars.

As a user of Hybrid for @ 20 years, I can attest that Hybrid's time has passed, they were good for transition and improved fuel economy when EVs and more importantly charging infrastructure was not at the useful level , I agree Hybrids combine drawbacks of both battery/electric and ICE while adding complexity to make them work together, RIP Hybrids, onwards with EVs

Reactions: T3slafan2500

Uhhhh. Spent some time working with oil and gas folks - sorry, they’re grabbing as much as they can from us. And they’re not alone. As a example - when the price of crude goes up the price of gasoline goes up. Even though none of the pricier crude has arrived at the refinery. And, when the price drops …..

Reactions: 1pinhigh