Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the same and ordered MSLR on February 15th even though I had an existing MXLR ordered from June 2021 with a July 2022 EDD. Our MSLR arrived 6 weeks later in April.

It turns out that someone couldn’t get financing on their Model S, and another person with the same specs didn’t pick up the phone. So they called me and I picked it up the next day at the Sacramento service center. The lesson I learned is just to stay ready and be patient. Not much else we can do besides that.

Also, I was able to change the color of my Model X with the price increase so this could potentially add to further delays for my X. I’m okay with this because it’s better for me to get the product I really want given how much we’re paying for these cars.
Sorry. I changed my Model X *without* paying the price increase at the refreshed rates. However, I was warned that it could delay my delivery date. I initially ordered the white exterior but after seeing a sea of white Tesla’s at charging stations and the rising costs of colored PPF, I decided to go with the black Model X instead.

I did the same and ordered MSLR on February 15th even though I had an existing MXLR ordered from June 2021 with a July 2022 EDD. Our MSLR arrived 6 weeks later in April.

It turns out that someone couldn’t get financing on their Model S, and another person with the same specs didn’t pick up the phone. So they called me and I picked it up the next day at the Sacramento service center. The lesson I learned is just to stay ready and be patient. Not much else we can do besides that.

Also, I was able to change the color of my Model X with the price increase so this could potentially add to further delays for my X. I’m okay with this because it’s better for me to get the product I really want given how much we’re paying for these cars.
I also ordered my MSLR on 2/15/22.

Wow very nice 👍. How do you keep the black exterior shiny?

Reactions: neo1738
It looks like you've posted this misleading information multiple times now, but if you look at the data it simply isn't true. 2020 and Jan orders have been delivered at almost the highest rate. If you ignore Plaid orders it is even more the case.

View attachment 803855
Well this would show that you place absolutely no value on order date. I would think that most people would expect that if they ordered a car months or even a year before someone else that they ought to get it first, and believe it or not most people probably believe that someone who ordered in January would get their car before someone in February. That February orders would come before March etc. Of course there would be some variations based on location and batch manufacturing. The fact that there are any Dec 2020 or January 2021 orders left undelivered while thousands with much later dates have been delivered shows that indeed they have been deprioritized. Next time before you throw shade on someone else, you may want to consider your own “misleading” data and consider if you are including all data and factors. You can do better

I'm picking up my MX tomorrow. I wonder why it has 31 miles on the odometer. Do you think it's something to be concerned about?
No. They typically take cars fresh off the assembly line out to run around the track to see if they're operating properly. Mine arrived with 15 miles on the odometer.

Well...
This is the obligatory orderversery post. A year ago today we finally ordered our starship. It is nice to see continued movement, but it still feels like it is going to be a while yet. I actually saw a 7 seater downtown Chicago just before Christmas, but the recent deliveries give me a small measure of optimism.

A continued thank you to the community here. In a twisted bit of irony, it will be sad to not check this thread 43 times each day.

Wanting something is better than having it, right?

EDIT: Nah!

Well...
This is the obligatory orderversery post. A year ago today we finally ordered our starship. It is nice to see continued movement, but it still feels like it is going to be a while yet. I actually saw a 7 seater downtown Chicago just before Christmas, but the recent deliveries give me a small measure of optimism.

A continued thank you to the community here. In a twisted bit of irony, it will be sad to not check this thread 43 times each day.

Wanting something is better than having it, right?

EDIT: Nah!
At least you are “July” and not later.

Well, I’ve given this matrix headlight thing some thought. I was debating on it would be worth delaying.
I honestly don’t think so.
I see myself keeping my Model X 4 years tops, and I’ll likely want the latest and greatest. At that point I feel like the software for them to actually operate as matrix lights still won’t be 100% so it won’t really be worth the wait.

I’ll just take what I get.
My first Model Y didn’t have matrix, and they really weren’t that bad. Plus I’ve had the model Y almost a year now, no sign of them actually operating as matrix.

Well, I’ve given this matrix headlight thing some thought. I was debating on it would be worth delaying.
I honestly don’t think so.
I see myself keeping my Model X 4 years tops, and I’ll likely want the latest and greatest. At that point I feel like the software for them to actually operate as matrix lights still won’t be 100% so it won’t really be worth the wait.

I’ll just take what I get.
My first Model Y didn’t have matrix, and they really weren’t that bad. Plus I’ve had the model Y almost a year now, no sign of them actually operating as matrix.
I think this is the mentality I’m using too. There will always be “the next thing”. Once enough pile up I’ll just trade in and get the new one. Waiting until a certain feature is available that is rumored is a never ending cycle.

I think this is the mentality I’m using too. There will always be “the next thing”. Once enough pile up I’ll just trade in and get the new one. Waiting until a certain feature is available that is rumored is a never ending cycle.
When we originally considered the X the standard finishes were lacking, the battery was too small, and quality was reported as awful. I’d say any X these days is miles ahead and much better value (unless you ordered after price increases). We missed out on having the X for 4 years, but will be worth it in the end. But I wouldn’t hold out for a smaller feature.

Matrix headlight were going to be my consolation prize for having to wait until July or later, but I’d rather have the car sooner. We don’t drive at night much anyway.