Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I just added my model X to the stable. I was apprehensive about delivery hearing many horror stories. I am pleased to say I had a great experience (other than the long wait). Once I received an EDD with a date range, it never changed. The car was ready exactly when it was scheduled for pickup. I haven’t had it long, so something may yet surprise me. However, I didn’t find any panel gap issues, lose items, scratches, chips or paint problems. The car was clean and spotless. So far I really couldn’t be happier with the car’s condition.

The VIN is 7SAXCDE56NF341XXX. I haven’t figured out where it says when it was built. It came with the charging cable, trailer hitch, and all the floor mats. It has the tilting screen, but does NOT have matrix headlights.

I was VERY impressed with the SA. I’ve never owned a Tesla, so the SA walked me through everything spending 2.5 hours with me. The SA even helped me with the checklist. The paperwork aspect took less than 5 minutes. I hesitate to say it was worth the wait, but it certainly appears they’ve worked through many of the QC issues.

As a new owner I’ve been learning (and playing) with many features. My biggest surprise so far was the autopark. When I pulled into my driveway I had 2 cars already parked near the garage door. I had 2 other cars parked in the 3-car garage. I said I’d have to move the other cars because it was a tight maneuver to get into the garage. However, my wife pointed out that the autopark feature popped up on the screen. I said the geometry is too difficult, it will never park itself. She said “give it a try”, so I did. To my amazement it whipped the car around and backed right into the garage. I almost had to close my eyes!

So far, I’m very pleased. I’ll provide a update later whether I’m still happy or if I discover something. BTW, I’m glad I ordered LR rather than Plaid. My family’s already mad at me for the fast acceleration and I didn’t even have the pedal down all the way.
Congrats! Happy for you that you had a great experience. Maybe we should all take delivery in IL, lol. And does one need to have FSD to have auto park?

Well I just added my model X to the stable. I was apprehensive about delivery hearing many horror stories. I am pleased to say I had a great experience (other than the long wait). Once I received an EDD with a date range, it never changed. The car was ready exactly when it was scheduled for pickup. I haven’t had it long, so something may yet surprise me. However, I didn’t find any panel gap issues, lose items, scratches, chips or paint problems. The car was clean and spotless. So far I really couldn’t be happier with the car’s condition.

The VIN is 7SAXCDE56NF341XXX. I haven’t figured out where it says when it was built. It came with the charging cable, trailer hitch, and all the floor mats. It has the tilting screen, but does NOT have matrix headlights.

I was VERY impressed with the SA. I’ve never owned a Tesla, so the SA walked me through everything spending 2.5 hours with me. The SA even helped me with the checklist. The paperwork aspect took less than 5 minutes. I hesitate to say it was worth the wait, but it certainly appears they’ve worked through many of the QC issues.

As a new owner I’ve been learning (and playing) with many features. My biggest surprise so far was the autopark. When I pulled into my driveway I had 2 cars already parked near the garage door. I had 2 other cars parked in the 3-car garage. I said I’d have to move the other cars because it was a tight maneuver to get into the garage. However, my wife pointed out that the autopark feature popped up on the screen. I said the geometry is too difficult, it will never park itself. She said “give it a try”, so I did. To my amazement it whipped the car around and backed right into the garage. I almost had to close my eyes!

So far, I’m very pleased. I’ll provide a update later whether I’m still happy or if I discover something. BTW, I’m glad I ordered LR rather than Plaid. My family’s already mad at me for the fast acceleration and I didn’t even have the pedal down all the way.
Great news that your build is in great condition...Congratz! Auto park is part of FSD like summon, green light notification and auto lane change

If the vehicle was originally sold with code SC01, that is free SuperCharging for life of the vehicle, irrespective of owner. If it is SC05, the free SuperCharging is for the original owner only. Once the account change happens, the SC05 turns into SC04, which is pay as you go SuperCharging.

When buying a used Tesla, if you are very very nice and have a good relationship with a service or sales advisor, they can give you the code by the VIN #.

Thanks for the detailed info. You are correct about the codes, I have SC01.

You can get the codes on a used Tesla from EV-CPO.com

CONGRATULATIONS, can you provide another number to the vin, i am trying to track when tilt screen start deliver, mine 3412xx

Reactions: SSB99
Are 6-seat plaids still being delivered?

I am thinking I'll ask the local SC to give me a call if any Plaids are rejected. I'd take the upgrade over waiting for "July".

Also, I will definitely be out of town for most of July/August, but also need my car. What do?
I’ve been noticing a few plaids being delivered in the Facebook group this week

Model X was delivered today after 459 days. The fit and finish was great. No swivel screen :( No photos yet, it's at the detailer getting full PPF. I updated it in the spreadsheet. :)
I’m glad that all the crazy delivery rescheduling and delays that the car itself is in great shape! Congrats.

It looks like you never shared your VIN for this new model. I would be Interested. Thanks.

Reactions: EV-lutioin
Account went from EDD July to May 26 - June 16. Model X Plaid. Wondering if it has all the new updates to the screen and lights. No VIN.
A few people have gotten the tilt screen already. None of us in the new May 26/27-June 16/17 EDDs have gotten VINs yet, but tilt screens seem likely assuming the cars are being built now or very soon.

No X has gotten matrix lights yet. Not expected until June builds at the earliest according to several posts here.

Congratulations, happy for you

Yes, because FUSC was explicitly something that went to the first owner. That was in the paperwork. FSD goes with the car. I'm not sure, but I believe the first year of Premium Connectivity also goes with the car and not the owner.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked that and FUSC also transfers with the car.
View attachment 804323
This is where it it tricky. Yes, it will transfer to the NEXT owner, but not the one after that...

I don't claim to know all, esp with FSD, but just be cautious. Tesla has made mistakes before, like charge someone twice for their car, and it took a lot of effort to get it fixed...

You will loose FSD, if the care has it, and probably the years worth of free connectivity.

I'd be cautious of used car dealers. They know little about Tesla cars. The only advantage is they usually will let you inspect, unlike the bums rush you get at a Tesla delivery location.
I bought my 2018 from a 3rd party dealer and it came with FSD. They were not aware or understood it and i asked them to toss me a picture of the autopilot page. Now I’m in Beta— at least until tomorrow morning when my Plaid arrives.

Took Delivery of my 6 Seat, Blue Plaid today. Mine was a 338xxx VIN built late March. Was stuck for over a month waiting on side airbag replacement. I was definitely disappointed in the exterior build quality. It came with two small dents above passenger front door and some paint chipping and a small dent on the passenger C pillar… I can also stick my entire hand into the gap between a headlight on one side and the frunk. Really took the wind out of my sails after the 10 month anticipation release of finally getting it delivered. I’ve been without a primary vehicle after selling mine 10 delivery window changes ago… I decided to take a chance on Tesla being able to fix these issues after the fact and accepted the delivery after my delivery tech told me if I rejected she would completely cancel my order and refund my $100 order fee (thanks for adding insult to injury here Tesla)

I can say that the performance of the plaid will surely not disappoint, it really comes into its own after 60mph. Happily all of my brake pads are in place from factory, all the seats are bolted down, and my car doesn’t pull any direction under max acceleration. Wishing the best of luck for anyone still out there waiting, especially anyone who has an order wait period longer than mine. If there is interest I can post pictures once we get some daylight tomorrow.