Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are 6-seat plaids still being delivered?

I am thinking I'll ask the local SC to give me a call if any Plaids are rejected. I'd take the upgrade over waiting for "July".

Also, I will definitely be out of town for most of July/August, but also need my car. What do?
Was by the KC SC this morning and out of 8 new MX's on the lot, more than half of them were Plaids.

It looks like you've posted this misleading information multiple times now, but if you look at the data it simply isn't true. 2020 and Jan orders have been delivered at almost the highest rate. If you ignore Plaid orders it is even more the case.
I was going to respond with a note about how long I‘ve been waiting (since January of 2021 for my XLR/no FSD) and haven’t heard diddly except the July EDD. My existing XLR 100d was picked up on June 19, 2018 so the karma gods are probably waiting for that anniversary for delivery of my new XLR. I’ll hold what I have, though not without some frustration.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
I have a LR Blue/Black/20"/FSD removed with May 27 - 31 for Mt. Kisco NY Delivery center. I bet yours and mine will be on the same truck. What's your last few digits for VIN? I have older 329xxx.
342xxx - not sure what this means for headlights, but I don’t care. Going to have this car a while and I’m sure it will get some aftermarket mods eventually. Congrats on your LR too!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Does Tesla no longer allow you to reject delivery for a problem car?
She explicitly told me that she would refund my payment and the $100 order fee, which I was more than a little surprised at. Maybe there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding somewhere. You can most certainly still reject, what is unclear to me is if they would still try and get a (hopefully better specimen) to you at some unknown later date. Given all the crazy delays making this faberge egg I decided to just take the car warts and all, I am not confident after so many years that Tesla can actually do better out of Fremont personally. The better solution upon delivery might be to forego the exterior checklist and just enjoy blissful ignorance now that I think about it…

You don't have FSD per your signature. No auto park.

Have you noticed no auto lane change?

No summon?

That is why.
Updated sig. I added FSD when the conventional wisdom was that expedited deliveries. Whether or not it helped, i don’t know, but I was unable to remove it. So bottom line, I have FSD, navigate on autopilot, summon, smart summon, etc. but haven’t seen auto park show up at all.

She explicitly told me that she would refund my payment and the $100 order fee, which I was more than a little surprised at. Maybe there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding somewhere. You can most certainly still reject, what is unclear to me is if they would still try and get a (hopefully better specimen) to you at some unknown later date. Given all the crazy delays making this faberge egg I decided to just take the car warts and all, I am not confident after so many years that Tesla can actually do better out of Fremont personally. The better solution upon delivery might be to forego the exterior checklist and just enjoy blissful ignorance now that I think about it…
Thank you. Would much prefer to just take the car, and fully understand that minor hiccups can happen. But, if something gives you real pause, I'd rather reject and wait for the next one.

Good luck with yours. I sincerely hope you have finished product you can enjoy.

Reactions: Elixir and rhetoric
Updated sig. I added FSD when the conventional wisdom was that expedited deliveries. Whether or not it helped, i don’t know, but I was unable to remove it. So bottom line, I have FSD, navigate on autopilot, summon, smart summon, etc. but haven’t seen auto park show up at all.
You would have drive up where you want to park slow then when the car determine it can fit you will see autopark pop up the click on the screen and it's on.

Got insurance quote from USAA to swap out my 2008 Infiniti m45x for the 2022 “model X performance” (LR are listed that way for some reason?). Only $25/month more. Was surprised it wasn’t any worse - that includes a 20% new car replacement extra coverage because prices have gone up so much I think it’s wise to have a buffer if it ever got totaled for some reason. Also included roadside assistance.

Reactions: jbrowdy
I didn't know you could PPF the front windshield? The detailer I use always wants to tint my front windshield, but besides being illegal in CA, I want the best possible night vision upfront.
Thanks..so far I read that no PPF can be applied to the front windshield but with such a large windshield, I was just wondering how to protect it while we protect the "painted area" with PPF with full body wrap.

I agree, the front windshield tint may not be the most practical especially for night driving.

do you have lines drawn on your garage floor? I don’t see Auto Park anywhere I have driven so far, and definitely not the garage.
Yes. I ppeviously put tape lines in the garage to find the parking spots when using a backup carmera. The Tesla Autopark cameras picked those up right away without any modification.

I received a text from Tesla on May 6 saying I should get ready for my delivery. Since then my four day delivery window has slipped each day. Following Jbell’s lead, I stop by my service center today and there was my MX. Not sure how long it's been there - the service center was not open today so I couldn't talk to anyone. Hopefully I can take delivery this week. It's an MXLR 5, Midnight Silver Metallic/Black and White interior with 22s originally ordered April 2021. A Pearl White Multi-Coat Plaid with Black and White interior was also there waiting for its new owner.

Reactions: CoryMD
If this is the new company-wide policy (no more ability to reject a car based on fit and finish and get back in line with original pricing) that would be a massive departure, and IMO perhaps a smart short-term but definitely horrible long-term decision on Tesla's part. If their build quality was half as good as BMW's this might be a non-issue, but that's not the Tesla we have right now.

Gaming this out, if I knew this going-in I'd probably never bother to order an X in the first place. Why wait for a year for a $100-130k car only to have a build quality lottery at the end of it? I know demand is insane, but it can only last so long.