Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few people have gotten the tilt screen already. None of us in the new May 26/27-June 16/17 EDDs have gotten VINs yet, but tilt screens seem likely assuming the cars are being built now or very soon.

No X has gotten matrix lights yet. Not expected until June builds at the earliest according to several posts here.
I just picked up yesterday. It has a tilt screen. Normal lights. Will be posting pictures soon.

We picked up our 5 seat X yesterday (grey, black interior) from Lynnwood, WA. Gave it a good look-over with a lot of help from another forum member, who had been made as anxious as I was by the many posts of problems. I was disappointed that the X didn't appear to have the tilt display screen. Two separate sales associates told me that they have yet to receive an X with a tilt screen. I was disappointed.

Then, on the way home, while trying to do something else, my wife hit a touch-button and the screen pushed out and titled! A nice surprise. (But also I was surprised that the sales associates weren't more educated on the car.)

No matrix headlights, apparently. A few possible issues of alignment I'll be following up on. Other than that, everything looks fine so far.

Bill

We picked up our 5 seat X yesterday (grey, black interior) from Lynnwood, WA. Gave it a good look-over with a lot of help from another forum member, who had been made as anxious as I was by the many posts of problems. I was disappointed that the X didn't appear to have the tilt display screen. Two separate sales associates told me that they have yet to receive an X with a tilt screen. I was disappointed.

Then, on the way home, while trying to do something else, my wife hit a touch-button and the screen pushed out and titled! A nice surprise. (But also I was surprised that the sales associates weren't more educated on the car.)

No matrix headlights, apparently. A few possible issues of alignment I'll be following up on. Other than that, everything looks fine so far.

Bill

SA stands for Seldom Accurate.

Told one you can access the missing energy graph by voice command. She asked, "What is an energy graph?"

For anyone that’s taken home delivery, by chance if the car has any major issues what’s the process for disputing/rejecting delivery at that point?
One you accept the car via the app, to open it, it's yours. 24 hrs to document any issues.

Be prepared for responses like normal, within spec, not covered by warranty, etc.

Avoid home delivery if you can.

Was in Vancouver yesterday receiving delivery of my Plaid. Will update the spreadsheet in a bit.
The big news is it has the tilt/swivel screen. It's a nice touch but I wouldn't sweat too much if you didn't get one. It doesn't make a huge difference to usability.

VIN 341XXX
What is the number after the one, trying to see if mine will have mine 3412, getting delivery next week!!

Thanks..so far I read that no PPF can be applied to the front windshield but with such a large windshield, I was just wondering how to protect it while we protect the "painted area" with PPF with full body wrap.

I agree, the front windshield tint may not be the most practical especially for night driving.
If it's any consolation, we drove our 2016 Model X 74,000 miles without a single rock chip in the windshield. And we drove in winter conditions to Tahoe and on gravel roads many times.

Bill

Congratulations, what is your vin?

Interesting, I also picked up yesterday and mine has no swivel screen. Is yours a Plaid? My delivery advisor said they were only going into Plaid editions? Also, wondering what your VIN is so we can determine when the swivel screens went into production.
They’re in plaid and regular after a certain build date in mid April. It’s possible some vehicles were in transit for weeks so current deliveries could be missing the feature because they were built 5-7 weeks ago.

Interesting, I also picked up yesterday and mine has no swivel screen. Is yours a Plaid? My delivery advisor said they were only going into Plaid editions? Also, wondering what your VIN is so we can determine when the swivel screens went into production.
All have it since a certain build date. There is a blend of some that have it and some that don't. Has nothing to do with plaid vs lr.

Tesla does a poor job informing their customer-facing teams (sometimes it feels intentional). This is far from the first issue that multiple employees have been patently wrong about (claims that matrix lights shipping on the X have been another, well-documented one).

Reactions: Elixir and aerodyne
Interesting, I also picked up yesterday and mine has no swivel screen. Is yours a Plaid? My delivery advisor said they were only going into Plaid editions?

Not true. "Tilting Screen" is shown as a feature on the order page.

You would need a proctologist to find where this DA pulled this answer from.

They’re in plaid and regular after a certain build date in mid April. It’s possible some vehicles were in transit for weeks so current deliveries could be missing the feature because they were built 5-7 weeks ago.
Hmm, mine is fresh out of the Fremont factory (May build date) and I don't think it has the swivel. I only had a few minutes with it before I dropped off to get PPF, so I may have missed it, but the button where it should be (as shown in the Twitter video) said, "inactive".

Reactions: Elixir
Updated sig. I added FSD when the conventional wisdom was that expedited deliveries. Whether or not it helped, i don’t know, but I was unable to remove it. So bottom line, I have FSD, navigate on autopilot, summon, smart summon, etc. but haven’t seen auto park show up at all.
I believe you may have to activate it in the settings. Might say how to do that in the manual.

How on earth did they not solve this in the refresh?
Just a guess....
Screenshot_20220515-173246~2.png