Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone, recommend taking a deep breath and then repeat.

We clearly dont know whats going on but have faith in the system.

I hear from a bird that this was a bulk update and dates will be updated via batch processing.

Both of my March 21 and April 22 orders was pushed out as well to Dec 22-Mar 23.
Why, then would Tesla even bother to publish ANY dates if they were going to update them? Surely they would know that this kind of thing would result in PO'ed customers, some of whom may now elect to cancel their orders.

Faith in the system is unwarranted - the last big delay was supposed to be about properly aligning orders to production. With this change, it's clear there are issues that aren't being discussed. What it shows is incompetence.

Serious question... I ordered June of 2021, and the price I have locked in is ~$25k-$30k less than you could order for right now. Tesla has every reason to push my order out as long as possible,,, is this illegal? 29 month wait for my Model 3 and now this, and I'm more than fed up with them.

PS, every Tesla owner I know (many of whom I referred to Tesla) have said "this is not the same company as before" or something like that

Everyone, recommend taking a deep breath and then repeat.

We clearly dont know whats going on but have faith in the system.

I hear from a bird that this was a bulk update and dates will be updated via batch processing.

Both of my March 21 and April 22 orders was pushed out as well to Dec 22-Mar 23.
First, why the hell would we have faith in their system after everything they’ve done during this refresh? It’s incompetence at this point and nothing to do with the supply chain.

This was not a bulk update that doesn’t mean anything. I have two same spec X orders. One that had a July that is a day one order and one that had Nov-Dec. guess what? The Higher priced Newer order now has delivery range of dec-Feb while the cheaper order is dec-april. It’s gamesmanship and poor customer service. They don’t give a crap about us as customers of the X.

I ordered in August 2021 and just got my delivery date pushed back again to Dec 2022 - Mar 2023. I'm considering buying another car in the interim because I'm renting a car now which feels like a waste of money. But what if I buy and they suddenly say the car is ready??? What should I do??

I bought a new MYP while waiting on MXP. Had MYP for 6 months & 4k miles. When MXP came in I sold MYP to CarGurus for a couple K above what I paid. Taking taxes into consideration it cost me about $1k to have the MYP for 6 months.

I bought a new MYP while waiting on MXP. Had MYP for 6 months & 4k miles. When MXP came in I sold MYP to CarGurus for a couple K above what I paid. Taking taxes into consideration it cost me about $1k to have the MYP for 6 months.
Yes it’s easy to dwell on the negative but a lot good has happened too. I’m getting 48,600 for a 2018 model 3 LR trade in that I have about 50,000 in because of the 7500 tax credit. Getting a MX for 30k less than it costs right now ain’t bad. True, it sucks to wait but what else are you gonna do if you want an all electric six seater. We’ll have to take the bad with the good and deal with it. If there were other options out there I would certainly take a hard look. There are currently none to purchase.

Reactions: mobilesuit818
Serious question... I ordered June of 2021, and the price I have locked in is ~$25k-$30k less than you could order for right now. Tesla has every reason to push my order out as long as possible,,, is this illegal? 29 month wait for my Model 3 and now this, and I'm more than fed up with them.

PS, every Tesla owner I know (many of whom I referred to Tesla) have said "this is not the same company as before" or something like that
Is this illegal? No. Tesla could cancel your order if they wanted.

My EDD got pushed to Dec 22-Apr 23 too just like all of you. But I’m sure that this is just a placeholder EDD. Tesla will still deliver MXs between now and Dec. So, you and I will get the car when we get it. Remember the old time when they move the EDD every month until you get your car? I’d rather my expectation crushed once every six months than once every month. Besides, this longer EDD is probably better because people will not go out and prepare financing or buy a wall charger for a car that will be delivered “next month”.