Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first ordered it it had march 2022- April 2022 and then around January-February it went to TBD and has been like it since then.
THat's interesting esp since you made no changes. Another person just posted in the 7-seater forums thread that there's went to TBD also a few months ago, but I believe it was after they changed from Plaid to LR. I asked my SA and other Tesla reps, and they just tell me the est date should change closer to receiving a VIN, i'm guessing like a data range. They assure me that i'm still in queue to receive my car. Not sure exactly why some of us have TBD status, esp with you randomly switched to it without any changes made to your order. I think you're still likely in queue for your car just as you always were.

Reactions: SantaFeJay
My theory (backed by no evidence whatsoever):

The delays are due to a big overseas push. This lines up nicely with the matrix headlights rumor of June/July builds getting the new lights, which are much more common in Europe.

So the bad news: longer wait for these folks (Dec '22 and beyond) in the US.

Good news: matrix lights seem quite likely.
Might as well throw some unicorny stuff in there like 4680s and structural packs, 800 mile range, maybe another interior revision to include armrests and wireless charging for the back rows, middle row folding for 6 seaters, Falcon Doors that open a different way so as to make the roof useful for a rack, double the charging rate, Plaid+ and FSD that actually works.

Those have moved in. Was Feb 2023 or later in Feb 2022. Austin and Berlin coming online is probably having an impact. Hopefully the dates will move even closer as production in those GigaFactories come up to speed.
No doubt they will change again but right now you need to order a more expensive trim to get a car soonest. MXP, MSP, M3P, and MYP with paid colors will deliver the quickest for the next several months. They have to make up for lost sales volume in China.

Might as well throw some unicorny stuff in there like 4680s and structural packs, 800 mile range, maybe another interior revision to include armrests and wireless charging for the back rows, middle row folding for 6 seaters, Falcon Doors that open a different way so as to make the roof useful for a rack, double the charging rate, Plaid+ and FSD that actually works.

tesla bot chauffeur is what im waiting for. that and maybe neuralink headrests. Also who cares about matrix headlights when you can have a night vision windshield. Think big people.