Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my 2nd VIN in the app earlier this week. Was waiting a few days to make sure it stuck around this time... 3/1/21 Order MXLR 6 Seat FSD 20" White/Tan

5YJXCBE53MF32XXXX

Somewhat interesting that its a 2021 being delivered this late in 2022 isn't it? I don't care as long as the car well put together. Anything I should be cautious with?
Taking delivery this Sunday, for 5 seats

I just got my 2nd VIN in the app earlier this week. Was waiting a few days to make sure it stuck around this time... 3/1/21 Order MXLR 6 Seat FSD 20" White/Tan

5YJXCBE53MF32XXXX

Somewhat interesting that its a 2021 being delivered this late in 2022 isn't it? I don't care as long as the car well put together. Anything I should be cautious with?
I am in Orlando and ordered the same configuration but ordered mine January 2021 which is so crazy to me. I can not for the life of me figure out how they are working how they prioritize these.

it sounds like many are planning to cancel, gave me an idea to call my SA. asked him to keep us in mind if there are any cancellations that is close to our config MXLR, 6 seats, white/cream, 20" wheels. he says that the cream color could be part of the delay and if we were open to other interior colors. we chose cream because my 3 has white interior and my wife's Y is black interior. we just wanted something different. he says he'll let me know.

so he didn't say no there are no cancellations, so maybe we can get something sooner. we got our 7 seater MYLR sooner because someone had cancelled their order and my SA informed us. got it 6 weeks sooner than our EDD and it was the same config as our original order. crossing my fingers.

How I add information to the spread sheet? Do I just scroll all the way to the bottom and add my information or do I find my order date area and put myself in there?
depends on which spreadsheet. i think there's two floating around for model x. the main one is found here Wiki - Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

there's instructions on that page. basically, there's a form you fill out.

the other one (i can't find the link to), you just open it and edit it yourself. hopefully someone can share the link to the other one and tag you on it.

Where in the world has this car been for 7 months? Around Nov 1-5 they switched to 2022 VINs. Ask yourself, where was the car? What about the battery status and health? Those are the caution flags
Field model. They're fundamentally undesirable for obvious reasons.

I personally think it's unreasonable for Tesla to automatically select and ship these to people who have been waiting for months on an online order. They should OFFER them to us, but if no one on the waitlist wants it, just put it out to an SC as inventory. Even at today's price. It'll sell.

But push it on us? Come on, Tesla. That's ridiculous.

Hi all, took delivery today of my Model X LR this morning. I will post some pics tomorrow as it is a rainy day here in Florida, but it did come with tilt screen VIN 3416xx. This car was 100% worth the wait. No real flaws except the mirror trim being slightly misaligned on one side. The Tampa location was pretty disorganized I will say, I had to wait over 2 hours past my scheduled delivery time.

5YJXCBE53MF32XXXX

I'd bring a few people to that delivery and pick through everything. That is a very old VIN at this point.

Reactions: Jbell and Elixir

I personally think it's unreasonable for Tesla to automatically select and ship these to people who have been waiting for months on an online order. They should OFFER them to us, but if no one on the waitlist wants it, just put it out to an SC as inventory. Even at today's price. It'll sell.

Or if a VIN is trapped at Fremont for repairs that have exceeded a month, let the customer choose to let it go without punishing them (forcing the RN to switch to today's price book).

5YJXCBE53MF32XXXX

I was actually in the same situation but I still took delivery last month. I was tired of waiting. Everything turned out fine. Didn't find any panel gaps or misalignment. I was only able to find a scratch on the door which they will fix during my SC appointment.

After finding out that the EDD got pushed back, I'm glad I took delivery even though the car is 2021. They also knocked the price down by 3.5k.

I ordered a M3P at end of last year to wait on MX....I was able to choose one from an inventory search - BUT, I have not seen an inventory available list as long since then.
I have no idea about that, however, suddenly I see my advisor start texting me to complete tasks on the app for M3P. I was not even contacted by my SA for over a year now. I said I will wait until there is a VIN assigned to me before I run my finances.

it sounds like many are planning to cancel, gave me an idea to call my SA. asked him to keep us in mind if there are any cancellations that is close to our config MXLR, 6 seats, white/cream, 20" wheels. he says that the cream color could be part of the delay and if we were open to other interior colors. we chose cream because my 3 has white interior and my wife's Y is black interior. we just wanted something different. he says he'll let me know.

so he didn't say no there are no cancellations, so maybe we can get something sooner. we got our 7 seater MYLR sooner because someone had cancelled their order and my SA informed us. got it 6 weeks sooner than our EDD and it was the same config as our original order. crossing my fingers.

Interesting. We've got a cream interior as well, wonder if we'll have a long wait

Can you elaborate on field model? What does that mean?

Interesting. How did this happen? Did you complain about the car being old? Or was it because of the scratch? And did you already have original pricing?
The scratch is hardly noticeable. The only complaint I had was it being a 2021 model. He told me that he can lower the price by 3.5k because of it, so I took the offer. The car came with 104 miles. So not too bad considering it was a 2021 model.

Reactions: Jbell and mix261
Can you elaborate on field model? What does that mean?
There is a grassy field at Fremont where drone flyovers have been tracking the "temporary storage" of S/X refresh vehicles, presumably due to either failing on-site inspections or waiting for a specific part. When S/X starting ramping this forum noticed that the cache of cars grew quite large, and months later folks started getting these VINs that were minted back in 2021... and in some rare cases still are being assigned to them (which again, I personally feel is not a customer-friendly practice).

One of these cars might turn out to be 100% fine, but IMO for a car older than a month (or two at most) it should be your decision, free of any penalty, to reject the car... especially given the nature of lithium ion batteries. But currently that's not at all how it works.

I bought a new MYP while waiting on MXP. Had MYP for 6 months & 4k miles. When MXP came in I sold MYP to CarGurus for a couple K above what I paid. Taking taxes into consideration it cost me about $1k to have the MYP for 6 months.

We are seriously looking at ordering an M3P today as we return a lease next month and we can live with one car for a couple months. I’m getting so frustrated with the constant delays. Was really hoping July would be THE MONTH, since that is when our local SC will start deliveries. Never did I imagine it would be over a year wait when the original EDD was six months out. I figure if we order the M3, it may arrive in July and watch the X be on the same truck. Then we have to decide whether to keep the 3 or sell it.

Reactions: BamaATL
Few pages back, one of the post mentioned about profile completion date which raised my curiosity since I ordered MX and received MVOP on 4/30/21. Emailed Tesla asking about my profile completion date and the sky collapsed when they told me it was 10/12/21 .... almost 6 months later and here is Tesla latest email ----------
Thank you for clarifying. Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. One factor is profile completion (10/12/2021 in your case). Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.--------
I GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THE NEW EDD RANGE DEC. 2022 - APR 2023 🙃

Reactions: T3slafan2500