Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, set for 19th. From Devon though
how's your X? picked ours up yesterday...

our fix list:
an internal trim panel on the FWD is in the wrong position so some door bolts are visible. mobile service is going to come out to replace the panel; they said the clips were glued on in the wrong place.
there is a tapping/clacking sound coming from the right passenger area when driving on uneven road...unclear if it's from the wheel or something in the door.

As to your first guess, we have a 2018 M3 LR. Keenly aware of stated and actual range. As to your second, we just switched to Tesla insurance this week and I’m driving like an 80 year old (no offense meant to any 80 year olds in this thread). Driving downtown on LSD in morning traffic - it’s difficult to drive to Tesla’s insurance standards and its safety score. It’s causing me quite a bit of stress and I may go back to my more expensive State Farm insurance so I can drive fast, turn aggressively, and follow too closely.
tesla's insurance standards? are they using analytics to base your insurance cost? i know it's possible i just wasn't aware they actually do that. i considered tesla insurance and would save some, but this was one of the reasons why i didn't is that they may base my rate with analytics. not that i drive reckless but i'm more "flow of traffic" kind of person. honestly, these cars are too fun. driving to las vegas with the up hills, smiling ear to ear.

i do have state farm and it's not the most affordable though not the most expensive but we have it bundled with our home insurance so we get added discount. one of the biggest surprises i got was how affordable insurance is. not sure where you have your home insurance but see if you can bundle and get a discount. our M3LR and MYLR cost about $150 each/monthly, $500 deductible, coverage against people w/o insurance, car rental (i think up to $50 daily) - that's all i can remember off the top of my head. in comparison, my prius was$118 i think with the same coverage. this is in california though so it may seem higher (or not).

on a side not, says you're from chicago. we used to live there when i was a kid (jarvis & sheridan). i miss chicago.

Could you please provide Jorge’s contact information?
[email protected] - he usually is the person that answers based on the email signature. takes a few days before a response - probably because he's the only person. unless the department has created an imaginary person name jorge. feel bad for the dude specially earlier this week's EDD craziness. give that guy a raise elon!

[email protected] - he usually is the person that answers based on the email signature. takes a few days before a response - probably because he's the only person. unless the department has created an imaginary person name jorge. feel bad for the dude specially earlier this week's EDD craziness. give that guy a raise elon!
I don’t think he is the only one. Latest one which I emailed to Jorge but other person replied to me. I think they are sharing all the messages or emails together and reply whoever is available to send answers but most of the configuration work is done by Jorge.

• Helpful
Reactions: w1n78
tesla's insurance standards? are they using analytics to base your insurance cost? i know it's possible i just wasn't aware they actually do that. i considered tesla insurance and would save some, but this was one of the reasons why i didn't is that they may base my rate with analytics. not that i drive reckless but i'm more "flow of traffic" kind of person. honestly, these cars are too fun. driving to las vegas with the up hills, smiling ear to ear.

i do have state farm and it's not the most affordable though not the most expensive but we have it bundled with our home insurance so we get added discount. one of the biggest surprises i got was how affordable insurance is. not sure where you have your home insurance but see if you can bundle and get a discount. our M3LR and MYLR cost about $150 each/monthly, $500 deductible, coverage against people w/o insurance, car rental (i think up to $50 daily) - that's all i can remember off the top of my head. in comparison, my prius was$118 i think with the same coverage. this is in california though so it may seem higher (or not).

on a side not, says you're from chicago. we used to live there when i was a kid (jarvis & sheridan). i miss chicago.
Tesla is tracking you while you drive. In the app, there is a ”Safety Score” section and it shows your premium based on these factors: Forward Collision Warnings, Hard Braking, Aggresive Turning, Unsafe Following, and Forced AP Disengagements. The first day I bought into Tesla insurance, it dinged me for 101.9% Forward Collision Warnings which is wildly and completely incorrect. It dropped my score from the default of 90 to 49 and my premium would then increase from $106 a month to $336 a month. After about a week, my score has averaged out to 91 but I feel like Elon is sitting in my back seat and asking for a massage (haha).

They don’t use it in California because it’s not legally permitted, but they are using it in the other states where they offer insurance. You can still see your score in the app, although if you share the car it’s not particularly relevant.

I emailed this address on Thursday and got a response from “Jorge” within two hours.

Reactions: w1n78
With all due respect, I’m curious, if the only difference between the Long Range and Plaid is a 3dr motor so you go faster why do it?
I have the Long Range, I find it crazy fast. I mean if there was a manor upgrade like the sound system, the seats came with massage, a auto spoiler ect.. ect… I mean, it is literally the same car inside and out aside from the 3rd motor.

well also all the plaid motors are carbon sleeved so it has that crazy flat power curve at any mph vs the long range power drops off at higher speeds. the 60-130mph times from long range to plaid is cut in about half. Its a cool feat of engineering. Also you get that plaid badge that sends shivers to almost every super/hyper car that pulls up next to your 3 row family suv.