Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun little update… will post more later.

My EDD had shifted to 6/12-7/18 earlier this week. Yesterday I received a call from my local SA (who has been amazing, BTW) that someone with a MXP MSM (I ordered black) canceled their order while it was on the train to the Midwest. A bird in a hand is worth two in the bush… He changed my config to MSM and it matched the VIN. I love black, but happy with MSM, too!

Picking up this week! Build date is 5/12. MXP, MSM/black, 20, no FSD.

More confirmation that the Dec to Apr 2023 edd was a placeholder. I woke up this morning to an edd of August 17 to October 12

Does anyone know if ranges like this are more common on Model 3 & Y orders or is this unique to Model X production?
This is exactly what happened last year with the new Model Ses. In particular, I had a month for my EDD, then one day everyone moved to some point far in the future, then two or three days later, there were new dates, mine was a few weeks. As the time got closer it narrowed to a week. IIRC, it slipped a week or so and that was that.

Reactions: Hebert and lexus26
Called the “888” number, mentioned “final payment amount” to the machine and asked for the callback. They called back in 6 minutes and said that the final price adjustment will be made 72 hrs before delivery time. I asked should i expect an SMS or email but the guy said to “watch the mobile app”.
Here we go.
Last year with my S the updated price didn’t show up until the day before. I also wrote a check on the spot rather than doing any of the other hooey.

What is your VIN minus the last 2 numbers? I have a delivery date this week for a Plaid and trying to estimate it’s build date. My. vIN is 7SAXCBE62NF3427xx.
7SAXCBE67NF3412xx
I made a reservation for X Plaid 6 sitters on February. My EDD was initially October. It changed to June 5-25 last week, then to May 21-25 yesterday. I got a VIN yesterday (Saturday) also.
7SAXCBE67NF3412xx

The mobile charger that came with my 2022 Plaid X is different from my 2016. The part that the adapters fit into before you plug it into the outlet is different and the older plug adapters do not fit into the new mobile charger. The new charger comes with a different configuration but does come with a pigtail insert for standard 3 prong plugs. (If you didn’t buy any plug adapters for your old Tesla, this is a non-issue because the 2022 mobile charger only comes with one standard 3 prong adapter. The adapter that inserts between the car and the non-Tesla charging stations still works fine but that was an additional purchase and is not included with the 2022 mobile charger.)
I can take pix if it would be clearer.
Yes. pics please ! Thanks

Fun little update… will post more later.

My EDD had shifted to 6/12-7/18 earlier this week. Yesterday I received a call from my local SA (who has been amazing, BTW) that someone with a MXP MSM (I ordered black) canceled their order while it was on the train to the Midwest. A bird in a hand is worth two in the bush… He changed my config to MSM and it matched the VIN. I love black, but happy with MSM, too!

Picking up this week! Build date is 5/12. MXP, MSM/black, 20, no FSD.
I have a delivery scheduled for this week in Chicago too. I don’t have an amazing local SA. Would you be willing to share his/her name? And I have no idea where I am supposed to pick up. Grand or Elston?

So my new date range is Nov 2022 - Feb 2023. On a July 2021 order this is ridiculous! Am considering buying a Ioniq 5 or a Mach E this week (with federal tax credit) and then trading it in for my X whenever I eventually get it. As long as the depreciation during that time period and the sales tax and any dealer markup is covered by that tax credit then it should be a free temporary car for me. Open to hearing anybody’s opinion on this plan

Picked up 5 seat mx this morning. Surpassed any expectation I had coming from a 2018 X. This truly is a major upgrade. Yoke is great and easy, turn signals take 5 min to get used to. I've had 5 people drive it already and all had no issue with yoke or signals whatsoever. No major complaints.

Interesting points:
- The AC system is 10x better than the old X. Instant cold air.
- The ride quality is way better
- Road / tire noise is negligible. So quiet.
- Sound system is greatly improved but still rattles from subwoofer (my only real issue with car)
- Rear screen seems useless but have rear passengers be able to control AC or music makes a huge difference.
- Swivel screen is cool but not worth rejecting delivery over. (its not that big of a deal)
- ventilated seats are amazing
- Display is way better and more responsive
- backup camera quality seems poor compared to old X
- rear seats seem more comfortable than my old 5 seat X
- Way faster than old X LR
- Not sure how to describe it but the car just feels more solid and well put together.

Quality:
- Overall the quality was good. 6/10 based on what I have seen. The issues below are minor.
- Car was pretty dirty on outside, inside was clean except for glass was nasty
- Panel gaps not great (like other X's I've seen on here) but not that big of a deal to me. may ask to adjust left FWD
- Front driver seat has lost of creasing and folds but hopefully will fix itself over time.
- small dent on spoiler
- several small paint imperfections but not worried about them
- interior trim not snapped in all the way (I got to help assemble the car haha)
- interior trim has lots of adhesive residue.
- My only real issue I hope to address is a rattle from a clip near the subwoofer. Had the same issue on my old X.

I will try and think of more feedback worth sharing. Btw my wait was 461 days :)
that is a very good comparison , as I am picking up my X today, also coming from 2018 X,.