Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the FSD beta que and Tesla has given me a safety score. It's amazing the stuff you get away with and can still get a 98 or 99 score. I can accelerate as fast as I want - it doesn't penalize me at all. You can also speed, run red lights, and run stop signs. Ohh - you don' have to use turn signals, they could care less. Here's the big four that'll get your score knocked down:
Hard Braking - don't slam on your breaks to hard - they perceive this as a safety risk and dangerous driving (even if someone pulls out in front of you and you have to slam on your brakes) Best way around this is to super cautious of what's going on ahead of you. Leave plenty braking distance between you and the next car.
Unsafe following - This goes hand in hand with hard braking. If you, by nature love to tailgate you will have a terrible safety score. If you follow closely at high speeds, you get penalized more because your braking distance is less.
Aggressive turning - They penalize you on this one because it's a perceived danger to turn quickly (unsteady and unpredictable) I've had this one hurt my score by dodging a pothole or something and notice it later.
Auto lane/ auto brake corrections - self explanatory. If you are running off the road or about to hit another car and the car has to step in.
oh cool didn't know that. i've been hesitant to enable beta. i may consider it next time it opens. the one that concerns me is the last one. in california, i can be in the carpool lane (HOV). many motorcycles are on this lane and i have a tendency to gave them room as they pass. often times that means i'm riding over the line on the left side. no other lanes are on the left side since it's the most left lane in the highway/freeway. i might get ding'd for that?

thanks for the info.

So my new date range is Nov 2022 - Feb 2023. On a July 2021 order this is ridiculous! Am considering buying a Ioniq 5 or a Mach E this week (with federal tax credit) and then trading it in for my X whenever I eventually get it. As long as the depreciation during that time period and the sales tax and any dealer markup is covered by that tax credit then it should be a free temporary car for me. Open to hearing anybody’s opinion on this plan
Can’t speak for the Ioniq but i spent a week with the Mach E and was greatly not impressed. The biggest issue I had was the charging screen shows -Nothing-. You get the current % and estimated miles. No info on kW, amps, volts, nothing.

I definitely wouldn’t pay any dealer markup on it, and I’m not sure (maybe someone else can correct me on this) but to qualify for the tax credit don’t you have to own it more than a year? Maybe it’s different by state?

Sure it would be an ok temporary car, but just don’t expect it to hold its value like a Tesla. It may end up being a headache to break even.

Reactions: Great White
6 seater LR white/white feb 2021 - let’s gooo!

8370147D-6D27-43BC-89BF-80B3F03A13EB.jpeg

Someone likely has explained this before, but I have a heard time reviewing all 1713 pages. How do you find your build date?
The sticker on the inside of front door frame has the Month/Year along with VIN and other information. For a specific date, like Month/Day/Year - I believe you have to call your SA or contact Tesla.

Can’t speak for the Ioniq but i spent a week with the Mach E and was greatly not impressed. The biggest issue I had was the charging screen shows -Nothing-. You get the current % and estimated miles. No info on kW, amps, volts, nothing.

I definitely wouldn’t pay any dealer markup on it, and I’m not sure (maybe someone else can correct me on this) but to qualify for the tax credit don’t you have to own it more than a year? Maybe it’s different by state?

Sure it would be an ok temporary car, but just don’t expect it to hold its value like a Tesla. It may end up being a headache to break even.
Yeah I’m looking and can’t find any good data on how well these cars hold their value either. Probably not like a Model 3/Y where you can turn around and sell it for what you paid…

So my new date range is Nov 2022 - Feb 2023. On a July 2021 order this is ridiculous! Am considering buying a Ioniq 5 or a Mach E this week (with federal tax credit) and then trading it in for my X whenever I eventually get it. As long as the depreciation during that time period and the sales tax and any dealer markup is covered by that tax credit then it should be a free temporary car for me. Open to hearing anybody’s opinion on this plan
You’re not alone. May 2021 order here.

Attachments

• 060C0B94-E39B-4EA6-9193-5BC7F1291665.jpeg
    060C0B94-E39B-4EA6-9193-5BC7F1291665.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 65
Yeah I’m looking and can’t find any good data on how well these cars hold their value either. Probably not like a Model 3/Y where you can turn around and sell it for what you paid…
Tesla offered me 53K to trade in my Y for the X on order. Picked up the Y in November last year and have 7K miles on it. That is a 10K depreciation in 7 months according to the guys that made the car. Who knows what holds value anymore.

Tesla offered me 53K to trade in my Y for the X on order. Picked up the Y in November last year and have 7K miles on it. That is a 10K depreciation in 7 months according to the guys that made the car. Who knows what holds value anymore.
That’s a really good data point. Okay, forget it, I’m just going to sit and wait and hope that my current car doesn’t die before I can trade it in on the X. I’m starting to get concerned that a major repair is right around the corner on it, so I hope to trade it in before that happens. Nothing specific, just a vague unease about a nine year old car…

Tesla low balls offers, look at driveway, carbuyerusa, carvana, etc. youll probably make enough profit to offset trade in tax incentive.

People with similar order dates and specs are getting June/July/August delivery windows. To top it off, people with much later order dates are getting that summer date range. I really hope this changes to closer cause this is getting annoying View attachment 807166
I have a range 9/3 to 10/29 for Red MX ordered on 4/30/21. Just wonder if you finished your profile in 5/21 or because tesla discriminate RED

I hope you receive a really good Model X.

At least in general the photos on the forum in the past few weeks have been, on average, much improved (with some that looked pretty much flawless).
Thx, same to you if you’re still waiting!

My current one has perfect panel gaps and door alignments but when people ride in it and hear it I usually hear a few different comments like I hope you didn’t pay full price or so this is the famous Tesla build quality. Ironically my cheaper Y and older 3 are built much better.

how's your X? picked ours up yesterday...

our fix list:
an internal trim panel on the FWD is in the wrong position so some door bolts are visible. mobile service is going to come out to replace the panel; they said the clips were glued on in the wrong place.
there is a tapping/clacking sound coming from the right passenger area when driving on uneven road...unclear if it's from the wheel or something in the door.
Hey twin brother!
I have not noticed anything unusual. Maybe you can post a photo of the trim panel on FWD so I know where to look.
I hope Tesla will take care of those issue for you promptly.
Decided to splurge on tint, front bra PPF and ceramic coating. Will report next week.
So far only two annoying things are Yoke - still grabbing air.
And I don’t like how hard is to close the frunk. It takes me a few hard pushes to completely close it. My MS is easier to close.
I’m considering installing EVoffor frunk opener.

Reactions: DelPhonic1