Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh cool didn't know that. i've been hesitant to enable beta. i may consider it next time it opens. the one that concerns me is the last one. in california, i can be in the carpool lane (HOV). many motorcycles are on this lane and i have a tendency to gave them room as they pass. often times that means i'm riding over the line on the left side. no other lanes are on the left side since it's the most left lane in the highway/freeway. i might get ding'd for that?

thanks for the info.
I don't think you will get dinged for that unless there is another car approaching in the lane and the car auto corrects to avoid an accident. The only time I avoid hugging the line is on the shoulder side of the line. Too close to bridges and rails and such - it will do a lane correction and ding you for it. Something else I forgot to mention that happened to me. If you drive a few short miles and get a major ding on your score - like a 50 or something, you can actually drive around really safe the rest of the day to bring the score back up. Just make several short trips that are 100 and it will factor all of that into your score for the day. Your safety score is a 30 day window of your driving. You have the ability to look at daily trips - who was driving at the time and so forth. If you have a really bad day that affects your score, it will eventually drop off the 30 day window they look at.

Took delivery of our Model X Plaid on Saturday after 339 days. I know many have waited longer.

The quality is decent, but far from perfect. The biggest problem is that the passenger falcon door does not go all the way up because the sensor thinks something is there when it's not. The technician said they have had this problem a lot, and it's because Fremont forgot to take the clear plastic protector off the face of the sensor!

Panel gaps are fine, no problem there.

The adhesive on the rear plastic wheel arch trim pieces has failed and the trim is lifting. A plastic cover/trim piece in the trunk fell off the first time we opened it.

The screen in front of the Yoke seems to build condensation when the AC has been blasting for a while ( The AC blows directly on it!!).

Even with all that said, the car is fantastic. It's unbelievably fast, and feels like the future. Once these issues are fixed I am hoping to have many years of enjoyment out of it. I knew what I was buying into when I placed the order, and while disappointed, am not surprised by the issues.

Attachments

• PXL_20220521_214207730.jpg
    PXL_20220521_214207730.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 114
  • PXL_20220521_214249750.jpg
    PXL_20220521_214249750.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20220520_181321555.jpg
    PXL_20220520_181321555.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
oh cool didn't know that. i've been hesitant to enable beta. i may consider it next time it opens. the one that concerns me is the last one. in california, i can be in the carpool lane (HOV). many motorcycles are on this lane and i have a tendency to gave them room as they pass. often times that means i'm riding over the line on the left side. no other lanes are on the left side since it's the most left lane in the highway/freeway. i might get ding'd for that?

thanks for the info.
I never give room to lane splitters who are a hazard to everyone else. Also by moving over for them you become partially liable for any accidents that may occur even though you are just trying to be kind and generous. It is not really appreciated and becomes expected as an entitlement even though it is not and endangers everyone.

We took the delivery of the X5 45e two weeks ago. This is coming from someone who used to have all BMWs, switched to M3, then bought solar and powerwall for two houses, all-in on TSLA stocks (80-90% of our net worth), ordered MX LR Feb 2021. We love our X5. We will take delivery of the MX LR, whenever we get it, and most likely will sell it afterwards.
That's awesome, there are some great plug-ins out there. What kind of real-world range are you getting on EV-only?

Reactions: Great White
I never give room to lane splitters who are a hazard to everyone else. Also by moving over for them you become partially liable for any accidents that may occur even though you are just trying to be kind and generous. It is not really appreciated and becomes expected as an entitlement even though it is not and endangers everyone.
In California, I think you are legally required to give space to lane splitters.

Reactions: Great White
Took delivery of our Model X Plaid on Saturday after 339 days. I know many have waited longer.

The quality is decent, but far from perfect. The biggest problem is that the passenger falcon door does not go all the way up because the sensor thinks something is there when it's not. The technician said they have had this problem a lot, and it's because Fremont forgot to take the clear plastic protector off the face of the sensor!

Panel gaps are fine, no problem there.

The adhesive on the rear plastic wheel arch trim pieces has failed and the trim is lifting. A plastic cover/trim piece in the trunk fell off the first time we opened it.

The screen in front of the Yoke seems to build condensation when the AC has been blasting for a while ( The AC blows directly on it!!).

Even with all that said, the car is fantastic. It's unbelievably fast, and feels like the future. Once these issues are fixed I am hoping to have many years of enjoyment out of it. I knew what I was buying into when I placed the order, and while disappointed, am not surprised by the issues.
Have you tried adjusting the AC away from the screen? It’s the same as my 2020 Model 3. You pull up the AC screen and can slide the direction of your air flow with your finger.

Took delivery today,
Interior, one usbc is loose and not charging [ so far from my examination
Exterior, alignment is good, gaps is not bad, but still an issue, my biggest concern was the rear bumper was in a different shade of white other than the car it is self, they wrote dow and will take of later with my other stuff in an appointment.
Could not links my garage door, it does link but not working after set up
Car has significant improvements from my 2018 x , , phone connection, quietness, and big improvements in suspension, yoke not bad to adapt, but need to be careful if u need to d a sunder movement, signal arrow, was very quick to adapt , will keep updating

In California, I think you are legally required to give space to lane splitters.
The lane splitting laws are very vague in California (the only state to legalize lane splitting). It is not legal to intentionally impede a motorcycle that is lane splitting, however a motorcycle is also not supposed to pass any faster than 10 mph beyond the vehicle they are passing. There are many other restrictions and limitations that are rarely adhered to by motorcyclists and there is much road rage related to the practice.
The bigger problem with lane splitting relative to Tesla drivers is using TACC, which does not recognize, understand or compensate for lane splitters. One of the absolutely best features of the Tesla driving experience is TACC. Sad to think that we could be forced to give up TACC because motorcyclists force us to make way for them as they weave dangerously between cars speeding down the freeways and highways.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimBob 909
Anyone who’s recently taken delivery… are they coming with CCS Adapter Support?
Yes. With my new CCS Adapter from South Korea, and my new Plaid, I charged at about 160kw at a 350kw EA station in Burbank yesterday. Slower than V3's, but great option to have if you need them.
Tesla low balls offers, look at driveway, carbuyerusa, carvana, etc. youll probably make enough profit to offset trade in tax incentive.
FWIW, my Tesla offer on my 2018 100D was way higher than Carvana and a smidge higher than Carmax.

I honestly do feel bad for all of you who ordered long before me and are still waiting.
I was just assigned a VIN with next week delivery estimate.

VIN 3444##

BTW...after the December-apr 23 edd, it was changed to end of July to September.
Just another proof that those EDD are absolutely meaningless so all of you should stop freaking out or get too excited till you actually get a VIN

Last edited: