Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to a VIN today! Sneaky Tesla trying to deliver for my birthday.

1653400774022.png

Tesla is not going to throw in anything... They are just going to tell him to go F himself and assign it to the next guy who paid 10K more for the same vehicle. They have zero incentive right now to display any acts of good faith, given that they can't make cars fast enough to keep up with demand.
I agree, they will just tell them to F'off and give it to another buyer at the highest margin.
I love my Model X. I love my Solar and Powerwalls but dealing with Tesla the company is literally the worse customer experience I have ever had, which is pretty sad. I have worked and I'm currently working for a Brand which places customer satisfaction as the number one priority. You can't have a conversation with an APP and the front line staff have no ability to solve customers problems.

The first answer is always "Sorry but NO" then it's "I've never heard of Tesla doing/allowing that". Then if you’re able to get up the chain to a Director or Vice President you are made to feel like "Man if I do this... you owe me big time man!". Some how being a customer spending money you worked hard for has no value to Tesla the company.

That being said I have had a few amazing experiences with Tesla staff. It many have been few but they happen. The installers of my Solar and Powerwalls were awesome! Hall who helped me during my delivery was also awesome. Not much else aside from them.

The jackass who I spoke with today was utterly useless when I called Tesla to get some Data from my car.
He admitted it's available but due to the laws in Massachusetts they are not REQUIRED to provide it to me.
I said "So if another state is requiring it to be made available then you'd hand it it over?"
Answer : "YES if it's a state law requiring it"
I said : "So you have the Data from my car, which I bought from you but you won't share that data with me?"
Answer : "YES, We are not required too"

This is the core problem of Tesla. Customers don't matter. There's no Brand promise or commitment. It's like "here's your car, now move along, NEXT!!!!"

I see a bit of folding by the rear view mirror, is that a big deal? Wait till Tesla revise the design or just order the existing?
Not sure if it will be a problem, haven’t figured out all the things my Plaid can do yet😇 but I’m working on it. If you enlarge the pix you will see it does not cover that camera lense and can be adjusted.
WR2 buy now or wait, they have not been available from Tesla for at least the last 2 years. I bought mine on ebay because my original disappeared. They were around $50 then. I am sure they will be redesigned and available “soon” for purchase but you might be waiting a decade or two🥸. It really depends how badly you need it. I only use mine on long trips with my wife because I enjoy the open view.

Thanks!

@Stro, you promised me you'd be around when I finally got my rig! Last we heard, you were not terribly happy. Hopefully, things are better and you are still lurking somewhere here.
I’m here, brother. I’m super unhappy with my MX purchase. My FWDs stopped working earlier this month. The “struts” went bad. Started off as metal clicking and within days, it stopped working. I actually couldn’t close it and drove with one of my doors half open. Luckily it was only 7 miles (not on a highway) to the SC. They were able to close the door but no end in sight for fixing it as they don’t have the part in stock. So my MX is useless as a family car. Luckily I’ve been traveling quite a bit lately so I’m not home much. But still. Really truly regret buying this piece of junk. I hope yours is perfect though.

I’m here, brother. I’m super unhappy with my MX purchase. My FWDs stopped working earlier this month. The “struts” went bad. Started off as metal clicking and within days, it stopped working. I actually couldn’t close it and drove with one of my doors half open. Luckily it was only 7 miles (not on a highway) to the SC. They were able to close the door but no end in sight for fixing it as they don’t have the part in stock. So my MX is useless as a family car. Luckily I’ve been traveling quite a bit lately so I’m not home much. But still. Really truly regret buying this piece of junk. I hope yours is perfect though.
Wow. That's a major bummer on so many levels. Really sorry to hear it, man. Hopefully, they make right, fix all the issues and you can enjoy it.

Imagine if your family depends on the car for day to day commute as I’m sure many of us do. This kind of issue will make even the most die-hard Tesla fan turn their back on the company. I really think Tesla already past the start up do or die phase and really needs to pay attention to this kind of issue. If you ship a car with such a big issue, at least make sure your service center puts priority on getting the parts from the factory so that people don’t end up with a useless car for months and months. Especially this is a $100k+ car. The customer service needs to be much better.

Saw a few posts back someone asked how to determine when your MX was born based on vin. But don’t think anyone have a response. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
i don't believe there's a way to get "born date" with just the vin. the vin will have the model year. just FYI, tesla doesn't really follow the model year like "traditional" auto makers do. you may notice that they will have new hardware features added in the middle of a year. for example, early 2022 MX models don't have tilting screens while ones built later in 2022 do. but they're both "2022". there's a vin decoder if you want to know more about it

Does the MXLR or P have an FM radio?
that's a good question. i thought it was an easy answer as in "yes". but after i googled it, i mostly found MCU upgrades for older MS and MX and those that upgrade does not come with AM/FM antenna. it's an additional $750 and they encourage the use of internet radio.

we have a 2020 M3LR and 2021 MYLR and both have AM/FM capabilities. i thought it was a requirement for cars to have AM/FM but i could be wrong. but here are some links i found. i'm curious now if they have it.

it may not apply to the current gen MX but i don't know

I am looking to sell my Model X that is expected to be delivered on 6/1/22. FSD is able to be removed. Current build times for Model X is 2023 so if you want a new model X in 1 week here is your chance. Asking price is 114k without FSD and 124 with FSD.

Below are the build details:

Your Model X build details​

• Model X Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability (optional)
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging

I haven't been reading the forum daily like in the past, so after catching up a good 30 or so pages and seeing dates moving around, I decided to check my account which has shown July 2022 EDD for many months now. After catching up and seeing folks with Dec-Apr EDD, that's what I was expecting, but to my surprise, and not that it means anything, it now shows Oct 17 - Dec 26...without showing a year like it did before.

Out of curiosity I called my local Fort Lauderdale, FL SC and was connected to who knows where, basically resulted in no other info other that what I see on my side. I asked if more recent, higher priced orders are being built before older, lower priced orders and if there were changes being made to slow progress (battery, headlights), and of course the advisor played dumb on both questions. I also asked the rep about the date range not showing a year and I was told it was 2022.

Since I'm about 4 months into my Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve lease, I'm really in no hurry other than hoping to avoid further interest rate increases.

6/28/21 order 5 seat, white/black, 20, no FSD $89,990.

Sorry to hear that. I hope they can fix it or get a lemon lawyer.