Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m here, brother. I’m super unhappy with my MX purchase. My FWDs stopped working earlier this month. The “struts” went bad. Started off as metal clicking and within days, it stopped working. I actually couldn’t close it and drove with one of my doors half open. Luckily it was only 7 miles (not on a highway) to the SC. They were able to close the door but no end in sight for fixing it as they don’t have the part in stock. So my MX is useless as a family car. Luckily I’ve been traveling quite a bit lately so I’m not home much. But still. Really truly regret buying this piece of junk. I hope yours is perfect though.
So sorry to hear this after living your wait with you from afar. I still don't have mine after 16 months, Its EDD in now late July/August.

My back up plan is in process. Ordered the Lyriq got it in early into GM Workbench on May 19 so have confirmed Booking email. Here's the odd part, I paid extra for everything I could which isn't many things, except didn't get 22" wheels and its $64K MSRP. Nearly half the current price of MX. Heck $2K less than similar MY. And no dealer markup.
Doesn't have FWD doors or 6/7 seats but at that price, I sleep better knowing I have an alternative coming end of year/ early 2023.

i don't believe there's a way to get "born date" with just the vin. the vin will have the model year. just FYI, tesla doesn't really follow the model year like "traditional" auto makers do. you may notice that they will have new hardware features added in the middle of a year. for example, early 2022 MX models don't have tilting screens while ones built later in 2022 do. but they're both "2022". there's a vin decoder if you want to know more about it

that's a good question. i thought it was an easy answer as in "yes". but after i googled it, i mostly found MCU upgrades for older MS and MX and those that upgrade does not come with AM/FM antenna. it's an additional $750 and they encourage the use of internet radio.

we have a 2020 M3LR and 2021 MYLR and both have AM/FM capabilities. i thought it was a requirement for cars to have AM/FM but i could be wrong. but here are some links i found. i'm curious now if they have it.

it may not apply to the current gen MX but i don't know
My 2020 Model 3 only has FM. It does not have AM.

Reactions: w1n78
I have to drive 4 hours to Colorado Springs.

Interesting. I live just north of SF and we got notice in December that our delivery location changed from Colorado Springs to Santa Fe. I do know they can’t do deliveries until July 1 so I figured that would possibly delay our delivery. Currently have a July 12 - Aug 23 range. I’d pick up in CO if it meant I’d get it sooner.

I’m here, brother. I’m super unhappy with my MX purchase. My FWDs stopped working earlier this month. The “struts” went bad. Started off as metal clicking and within days, it stopped working. I actually couldn’t close it and drove with one of my doors half open. Luckily it was only 7 miles (not on a highway) to the SC. They were able to close the door but no end in sight for fixing it as they don’t have the part in stock. So my MX is useless as a family car. Luckily I’ve been traveling quite a bit lately so I’m not home much. But still. Really truly regret buying this piece of junk. I hope yours is perfect though.
Certainly they need to give you a new X.

AM stands for 'Amplitude Modulation'. That means that any noise (like old fluorescent lights that oscillate at 60Hz) is picked up by the receiver. The wavelengths on AM stations are really long so, yeah, they can require longer antennas. Believe that most of the local AM stations are so powerful that you don't need a super long antenna. There's probably an RF person out there who can correct me on that. Don't really miss AM except that a lot of sports broadcasts are AM. However, I use TuneIn on my 2018 XLR and on my home's SONOS system. Works fine and you can listen to petty much any station anywhere on the planet. I'm sorta hooked on NRK Jazz, an Oslo, Norway station that is truly excellent.

• Informative
Reactions: timberlights
AM stands for 'Amplitude Modulation'. That means that any noise (like old fluorescent lights that oscillate at 60Hz) is picked up by the receiver. The wavelengths on AM stations are really long so, yeah, they can require longer antennas. Believe that most of the local AM stations are so powerful that you don't need a super long antenna. There's probably an RF person out there who can correct me on that. Don't really miss AM except that a lot of sports broadcasts are AM. However, I use TuneIn on my 2018 XLR and on my home's SONOS system. Works fine and you can listen to petty much any station anywhere on the planet. I'm sorta hooked on NRK Jazz, an Oslo, Norway station that is truly excellent.
I’ve just used Bluetooth from my phone and works well if you need to listen to AM - sports game or something. I’ve done that before. I ❤️ radio app from my phone

Reactions: timberlights
I am looking to sell my Model X that is expected to be delivered on 6/1/22. FSD is able to be removed. Current build times for Model X is 2023 so if you want a new model X in 1 week here is your chance. Asking price is 114k without FSD and 124 with FSD.

Below are the build details:

Your Model X build details​

• Model X Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability (optional)
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
you can get at least 10k more

Interesting. I live just north of SF and we got notice in December that our delivery location changed from Colorado Springs to Santa Fe. I do know they can’t do deliveries until July 1 so I figured that would possibly delay our delivery. Currently have a July 12 - Aug 23 range. I’d pick up in CO if it meant I’d get it sooner.
Maybe that’s why My EDD is stuck at TBD since late December. Who knows?

As one of the guys who was cheering you on when you finally got your VIN after all this time, I'm sorely disappointed in the way Tesla is dealing with you. I hope they can rectify the situation, but from my own experience with a different car from a different manufacturer, once it goes south and it's consistently bad, there's little to do but to walk away. Goodwill only goes so far and it's been a long enough haul that things should be fixed as fast as possible without delays. Extended warranty on the parts affected should be part of Tesla's endeavor to appease you before having to go the Lemon Law route.

I hope it improves greatly for you - somehow.

we have a 2020 M3LR and 2021 MYLR and both have AM/FM capabilities. i thought it was a requirement for cars to have AM/FM but i could be wrong. but here are some links i found. i'm curious now if they have it.
No AM radio. Tesla has not had AM radios for at least five years. My 2015 S had one (although performed very poorly), but the 2018 X does not.

Last edited:

You should lemon law this thing. My Tesla has been in the shop constantly since I purchased in December. I 100% regret the purchase because of it. Always for different build quality issues and random error codes. Parts availability has them moving service dates around the day prior to my appointment more often than not. At this point, I'd rather have my old car back which had been to the dealership 1-time over 4-years of ownership for a very minor warranty repair. Tesla = $147k headache.

You should lemon law this thing. My Tesla has been in the shop constantly since I purchased in December. I 100% regret the purchase because of it. Always for different build quality issues and random error codes. Parts availability has them moving service dates around the day prior to my appointment more often than not. At this point, I'd rather have my old car back which had been to the dealership 1-time over 4-years of ownership for a very minor warranty repair. Tesla = $147k headache.
Where is that guy that will reply..."147k headache is worth it because it's a step towards sustainability" ?