Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG I don’t know where else to turn…

I took delivery about a month ago and there were a variety of minor issues… trim pieces not quite sitting right or with loose adhesive, a slightly bigger than normal gap between hood and lights, one FWD not quite perfectly aligned with the adjacent panel, etc. We wrote it up with the delivery person, they gave me a service appt two weeks away, then pushed it back another two weeks.

I have noticed all this stuff exactly zero times in the intervening month, while falling head over heels in love with the car. Maybe you can see where this is going?

Yesterday I dropped it off for service and not only would they not let me wait for it, they said they’re so backed up it could take four days to finish! And now I’m back to driving an effing minivan because my wife has totally taken over the Model 3! While telling her friends the X is my “midlife crisis mobile”! The nerve! Of Tesla service! Of my wife! What am I supposed to do without the X for another two days? I already wish I had just not bothered to fix anything! Somebody throw me a bone! :)

Anyway, I’m probably not winning any friends among a group of people still waiting for their deliveries, but I can say this: I waited just about a year and it was totally worth it. Hang in there!
Now i’m thinking about dumping my MXP immediately after getting the Title. Editing…will sell right from my garage With hopefully less than 50 miles…if i get lucky and don’t get too many visible “things” to fix

Looking for some help from Plaid orders who have gotten their MVPA:
I was forced from 7-seat to 6-seat interior for my Plaid back in January. The 7-seat option was originally $3500, and I was told then (in January) the 6-seat change would be no charge. Didn’t get this in writing unfortunately.
Delivery is scheduled for Saturday, and I got my MVPA today, which doesn’t match up to my expected price from May ‘21. You guessed it, it’s $3500 higher than expected.

For Plaid orders forced from 7 to 6-seat option, did they “upgrade” you to 6-seat and keep the charge for the interior option you originally configured and didn’t get? I emailed my SA already, but looking for others experience here too. Thanks!

I was forced from 7-seat to 6-seat interior for my Plaid back in January. The 7-seat option was originally $3500, and I was told then (in January) the 6-seat change would be no charge. Didn’t get this in writing unfortunately.
Delivery is scheduled for Saturday, and I got my MVPA today, which doesn’t match up to my expected price from May ‘21. You guessed it, it’s $3500 higher than expected.

For Plaid orders forced from 7 to 6-seat option, did they “upgrade” you to 6-seat and keep the charge for the interior option you originally configured and didn’t get? I emailed my SA already, but looking for others experience here too. Thanks!
It will update within 3 days of scheduled delivery, I was also converted and they honored the pricing. It just is in a certain timeline for some silly reason.

Reactions: Elixir
Actually it did at the moment. But the quality is not there. This forum is one of the reasons to dump it. You read through the posts more and more thinking about the upcoming trouble. looks like pretty much any other EV of that price range has a better quality.
You sound like you’re looking for something to be mad at. Cheer up. Life isn’t all about cars.

Since you originally ordered a 7-seat option for $3k they are comp the difference if you would of got a 6 seat $3500 not the full $6500. Those ordered the 5 seat option which was free are the ones getting the 6-seat upgrade at no cost. Hope that helps.

Since you originally ordered a 7-seat option for $3k they are comp the difference if you would of got a 6 seat $3500 not the full $6500. Those ordered the 5 seat option which was free are the ones getting the 6-seat upgrade at no cost. Hope that helps.
Thanks for weighing in with your experience, this is exactly what I was hoping wasn’t happening. So not only did they require the change to a configuration I didn’t want, they charged me for what I wanted and didn’t get.

Thanks for weighing in with your experience, this is exactly what I was hoping wasn’t happening. So not only did they require the change to a configuration I didn’t want, they charged me for what I wanted and didn’t get.
That's a bummer. I really wanted a 5 seater, but took the $6500 comp because I had paid for the base model MXP. Would be terrible if I had ordered a 7 seater, gotten downgraded to a 6 and then still had to pay for the 7 seater option. :confused:

That's a bummer. I really wanted a 5 seater, but took the $6500 comp because I had paid for the base model MXP. Would be terrible if I had ordered a 7 seater, gotten downgraded to a 6 and then still had to pay for the 7 seater option. :confused:
Nobody was forced to change their configuration. Tesla offered it, and some people accepted it. The caveat is that Tesla included the promise of 2021 delivery but then didn't do it for a lot of people. I'm still glad to have declined the change and just wait it out.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
This is almost sacrilegious to post here, but I’ve gotta say the Rivian SUV back row looks more spacious inside than the X. And keep in mind I’m buying a model X and NOT a Rivian. IMO the Rivian is a breath away from being vaporware. I don’t hate Rivian; in fact it’s the closest thing to a real EV company that I know of after Tesla.

I know the X is more aerodynamic but SUVs are about Utility more than efficiency.

I hope Tesla comes out with a full size SUV someday like a Tahoe/Escalade.

This is almost sacrilegious to post here, but I’ve gotta say the Rivian SUV back row looks more spacious inside than the X. And keep in mind I’m buying a model X and NOT a Rivian.

I know the X is more aerodynamic but SUVs are about Utility more than efficiency.

I hope Tesla comes out with a full size SUV someday like a Tahoe/Escalade.

I have two preorders for R1s, one for a Launch Edition T and another for an Adventure S. The S was a March 7, 2022 (post-price-hike) reservation and both had OC interior configured. When they announced the OC delay I decided to try switching the Adventure S to a T with the black interior. Sure enough it got picked up for fulfillment and should be delivered sometime in June. Now I'll switch the LE T to an LE S for my wife.

After watching this video she's way more excited for the R1S than the Model X, but we're still going to get both and decide which one we want to keep.

Has anyone changed to a plaid from LR and made other changes such as 20’s and nixed FSD and still got their car early? Sounds like a huge gamble just to get the car earlier.
Yes I believe it helped me significantly. I had the EDD change like most everyone from July 2022 to December 2022-April 2023. I changed my configuration to Plaid last Friday and voila - my EDD changed Saturday morning to May 23-29 including a VIN, and I scheduled my delivery for this Saturday. Tesla kept me in the same pricebook for April 2021.

Reactions: Beacher#8
Has anyone changed to a plaid from LR and made other changes such as 20’s and nixed FSD and still got their car early? Sounds like a huge gamble just to get the car earlier.
I’m also a NC resident and date range is now June-July. I have only dropped FSD since initial order. I thin keeping in touch with a good SA is better than adding or subtracting to our orders But maybe they can help?

Reactions: SOBX MX