Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever you do or say to them, just make sure they don't cancel your order again at this stage! :eek:

I have been dealing with a new store far from LA (Camarillo)

After multiple visits, and three referrals delivered there, I am able to get the info I need, including:
Mileage
Birthday
Perhaps try calling that store direct. Ian is the best SA there, will be there until 7 PM I was told, but not tommorow.

See my Sig for my checkered past with Tesla

any 6 seaters LR (not plaid) who can also confirm?
originally EDD was april 2022, then july 2022, then dec - april 2023, now aug 19 - oct 14 2022.

ordered sept 13, 2021, changed 7 seats to 6 may 10, 2022. i remain optimistic with the july timeline even though it currently says august. also called my SA and asked to inform us of any cancellations as long as MXLR, 6 seats, white exterior and flexible on interior color.

we got our MYLR 7 seater 6 weeks earlier due to cancellation and it matched our original order.

Reactions: stanley7175
Got delivery of my MX Plaid today. OOD Feb. My long range order went from July to Dec - April and Plaid Oct EDD stayed the same. Call into Tesla and was very polite to the rep who couldn’t give me much info when the long range went to Dec - April. Two days later the plaid had a closer EDD and got the vin about 3 days after that. It may of been a coincidence but I like to think the rep hooked me up and put me on priority list lol.

Attachments

• AAA393A5-B861-4430-9173-65C3D0D8C2E8.jpeg
    AAA393A5-B861-4430-9173-65C3D0D8C2E8.jpeg
    618 KB · Views: 108
  • 1293BD4F-0202-4B3B-B9B9-9220EDD9E3D8.jpeg
    1293BD4F-0202-4B3B-B9B9-9220EDD9E3D8.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 7E7A921F-48B0-458E-ADB0-B8421D6BCCD4.jpeg
    7E7A921F-48B0-458E-ADB0-B8421D6BCCD4.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
For those still waiting, hang in there the wait is worth it. If you focus on the delivery problems you might get discouraged, cancel and bolt to another car. I am enjoying my Plaid and am extremely pleased with the quantum increase in quality, performance and usability when compared to my 2016 Founder’s edition. The ONLY problem is that I think they redefined the “tight” parameters in (dumb) Summon. Unlike the 2016, the Plaid stops when trying to go into/out of the garage under Summon. I have an open work order with my local Service Center and they are “working on it with engineering” to find a solution.
If any one is near Northridge (Los Angeles) and is willing to spend “under an hour” to have the dimensions of their 6 seater laser measured, Lloyd Mats is looking for you. I had a set of their floor mats in my “16 and they held up great for over 6 years. Lloyds only has the front mats for the 2022 available and the 5 seater because they don’t have the measurements yet for 6/7. Thanks for your consideration, I plan to get the rest of the set once they measure😇.

Got a delivery date today - June 4 in Charlotte NC.

Also YMMV significantly between reps at that 800 number for asking them where your vehicle is. Some will say they can only tell you it’s “in transit” others will look at a map and tell you roughly what state and city it is near on the train. They obviously have GPS they can see of the real-time location of the vehicle in transit.

That would be a super cool screen to see I bet!

Last edited:
Got delivery of my MX Plaid today. OOD Feb. My long range order went from July to Dec - April and Plaid Oct EDD stayed the same. Call into Tesla and was very polite to the rep who couldn’t give me much info when the long range went to Dec - April. Two days later the plaid had a closer EDD and got the vin about 3 days after that. It may of been a coincidence but I like to think the rep hooked me up and put me on priority list lol.
Looks the one I’m picking up next week. Everything look good?

Does anyone have a Feb 2022 build that is unable to be delivered due to airbag needing to be replaced? Been stuck waiting for the necessary parts and they said they can’t release the car until the airbag is replaced. VIN 3328xx - Plaid 6 seat/white/white/22/no fsd. Thanks!

Does anyone have a Feb 2022 build that is unable to be delivered due to airbag needing to be replaced? Been stuck waiting for the necessary parts and they said they can’t release the car until the airbag is replaced. VIN 3328xx - Plaid 6 seat/white/white/22/no fsd. Thanks!
My Feb build (VIN 3337XX) has a recall for an airbag and this is what my service order said:

Concern: Customer states: Something Else - Air bag recall
As we work to move parts into your region to address the recent recall, we will need to close out this line for now. We will proactively reach out to get you back on the schedule in the near future. We really appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Mine might have been delivered before they had the recall and they might not be able to deliver your vehicle without the airbag replacement. As I understand it, the problem only occurs if inflation is initiated with the pax window down. You might try getting a conditional release until the parts are available, worth a try they might deliver if you assume the liability (keep the window up on the pax side.)

Got a delivery date today - June 4 in Charlotte NC.

Also YMMV significantly between reps at that 800 number for asking them where your vehicle is. Some will say they can only tell you it’s “in transit” others will look at a map and tell you roughly what state and city it is near on the train. They obviously have GPS they can see of the real-time location of the vehicle in transit.

That would be a super cool screen to see I bet!
My plaid has a EDD of June 2-8 for charlotte pickup. With any luck maybe we are on the same truck?

Today is the day!!!

Besides Tesla absolutely trying to screw me on my MYP trade-in (I’ll be taking it elsewhere), the communication and process has been good so far.

I drove over to get a sneak peak after hours but my vehicle must be inside. Which I guess is good. I did note 4 black LR Xs awaiting delivery, too. So things are definitely picking up.

Let’s hope this afternoon blossoms into a love story, not a tragedy…

Last edited: