Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup was largely smooth. As previously mentioned, Tesla gave me an outrageously lowball offer on my Y so I’ll be parting with that tomorrow (Carmax). That’s honestly my biggest gripe right now, because it’s created unnecessary extra work and I lost the trade-in tax benefit. For a brief moment I considered canceling altogether… but after sleeping on it I still took delivery. But annoying nevertheless since I feel Tesla was trying to take advantage of the situation.

A few specifics:
- My SA was awesome. He is the reason I have a car this soon. I let him know I was flexible in color and he was able to match me to a car that was on the train to the Midwest right after another customer canceled. He even called me to arrange. Really went above and beyond
- The overall staff at Highland Park Tesla was super helpful during delivery. I know some complain about the experience… I really have none. They tag-teamed it but moved things along well
- I took delivery on a rainy day so I wish the car had been cleaner. But overall not bad. Also, there are areas on the interior that aren’t as spotless as I’d like. But my standards here are high. Just a smudge and dirt here and there. Would expect a bit more for this much $$
- I’ve found 2 things that need to be fixed in the interior. One is more significant than the other. But overall build quality is really good
- Perhaps my biggest pleasant surprise… all season tires! I fully expected having to replace the tires but that’s now $$ I can save
- I have tilt screen, or course. Honestly, it’s not that useful IMO. So if you’re worried about whether or not you have it I urge you to reconsider
- The yoke is definitely a bit odd, but not that bad. I’m sure I’ll get used to it quickly

A couple more pics!
Awesome ride! And good to hear about delivery. I hope I don’t have problems with my M3 trade. They gave me a really fair value which has since expired. They recently told me to wait till I get my VIN. I would hate to have the rug pulled out from under me just before delivery!

OMG I just VINNED
3D3ACED4-DF6C-4F7A-9298-3C7B845731E7.jpeg

My EDD went back to the same dates as before the latest "systems fiasco" moving everyone out to Dec 22-Apr 23. It's odd that some of the EDD's have seen a week or more pushback and others are either no change or brought in sooner! Hard to figure out who's running the systems and software at Tesla.

Public Service Request
It's helpful when folks post their revised EDD's and hopefully those EDD's will become more than placeholders as Tesla gets their act together. Your update is much more useful to others when it's combined with your original order date, configuration, and approximate location.

@coco135 provides an excellent example in his current signature - "Order 6/21 MX LR 5 seat White/Cream 20" FSD". New members may not be able to adjust their signature but they can include the basic info in their post.

Thanks for providing information that will help others estimate their own delivery.

Last edited:
Picked up yesterday and overall I was impressed with the build quality. Only 1 rear bumper alignment problem that should be able to get adjusted easy. There was a small dent on the rear deck lid behind the spoiler and right next to it some small paint chip that had touch up paint already. They said they would fix all these in a service appointment. I don’t care much about the paint anyways since I plan to Line-X it soon so it will be almost bulletproof. No issues at all with the FWDs. Swivel screen and new charge port / taillights. The yolk is fine. Not sure I’m a fan since I’m usually a 1 hand at 12 o’clock driver. Autopilot seems to work a lot better than the 2020 MY performed. Ride is very quiet, smooth, and FAST! Overall very happy with the MX… much more than I was with the MY.

799605A3-AE3E-4686-9FFB-F0CB0B8EE11A.jpeg
3818D238-2241-444D-B4F6-00E882B9C4A8.jpeg
92C64A0D-44E9-40C2-9D78-26BAA1764530.jpeg

Attachments

• B45622C4-C46A-42BF-B96D-46D6F345C7B4.jpeg
    B45622C4-C46A-42BF-B96D-46D6F345C7B4.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 48
As a Plaid owner for a few months, I’d like to point out a very important but often not noticed feature of the Model X doors. You do NOT need to shut the door manually. Just press the door “open” button on the hand grip when departing. (Note: there is an emergency door open lever button on the armrest but I’ve never used it.). After the door opens, just press the button again as you are departing, the door will power close behind you! Make sure you get out of the way before the door shuts on you, it has a slight delay so not hard to do. Takes a few times to get used to but my teenage kids have it mastered. Agree that they are difficult to close manually. Ironically, when I first picked up my car a few months ago, one service advisor did not know the “open” door button also worked as a “close“ feature. I rarely ever push my driver door closed, just press the button. Interestingly, when I failed to push it on the way out from the driver side and walked away, the door shut when I reach 15’ from the car and it locked. Must have been my settings but it saved me from walking back to the car to shut it manually. Now that’s technology.
You don’t even need to press the button to close the door. As you walk away the door will close and lock when you walk a few feet away. No key fob required and works with your phone key.