Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 809710View attachment 809713

Ordered Jan 28 2021. No FSD. 7 seat MX LR.

Delivered yesterday to our home. Really, really impressed overall with the fit and finish, considering its a Tesla. I'm sure I'll find something as the ownership extends out, but so far, really quite nice. Its a big step up over the model Y performance that we had. Just a more premium experience and well worth the extra cost.

As an aside, sold our Model Y performance today to carmax after 11 months and 19.5k miles for 66k. That's 4k over what I had paid MSRP at the time. Which means some poor, desperate soul is going to pay 76k or so for a 1 year old used model Y.. yikes! Also, never put an ounce of ceramic coat or PPF, only commercial car wash, and, as expected, the appraiser could care less.
PPF and ceramic are not for resale value, it’s to enjoy your own car looking gorgeous for years.

Been at home for a couple hours now, putting all the accessories I've amassed in the living room into the car.

I don't have any complaints, car is great. of course there are things that I can nitpick, but nothing was a dealbreaker, even combined they weren't dealbreakers. I have 5 due bill items, none of them are gap alignment issues or other things not working. Just weird things here and there.

Car had 9 miles on the odo at delivery. and tilt screen.
What kind of accessories are they? The only thing I bought were the front Tesla floormats, which is just collecting dust in the garage….

Aside from prioritizing shared parts for the higher volume models, there's not a lot they can do to prioritize 3/Y production over S/X production. It's an enormous effort to ramp up or ramp down a production line which is what they'd need to do in order to produce higher volumes of 3/Y. Plus, lots of people getting VINs here, so aside from the EDD shifts (which it's been demonstrated is pretty meaningless), there's nothing to indicate they're deprioritizing the X
I agree with you. Yes, a lot of new vins coming out so that is promising! Keep it up forum with the updates!
You are also right about the EDD’s. My EDD changed again positively from Dec-April 2023 to Oct. 4- Dec. 13.
Definitely a supply and demand problem for all Tesla’s.

Elon himself said this about the Model X from an article back in February.
  • Elon Musk tweeted that Tesla was "idiotic" to stop production of the older Model X in December 2020.
  • The CEO said Tesla still hasn't fully recovered from its decision to cut production.
  • After halting production of the old Model X, Tesla started delivering the updated version in 2021.
What I think what we all would like to see is for Tesla to prioritize the model X and S and make more dedicated production lines and maybe even a new dedicated factory to expand this production. Maybe I should tweet this out to Elon so he gets on this task sooner! Ha!

————————————————————————————————————-
Tesla Model X LR 5 seat no FSD black/black 20” order date July 2021

Picked up yesterday and overall I was impressed with the build quality. Only 1 rear bumper alignment problem that should be able to get adjusted easy. There was a small dent on the rear deck lid behind the spoiler and right next to it some small paint chip that had touch up paint already. They said they would fix all these in a service appointment. I don’t care much about the paint anyways since I plan to Line-X it soon so it will be almost bulletproof. No issues at all with the FWDs. Swivel screen and new charge port / taillights. The yolk is fine. Not sure I’m a fan since I’m usually a 1 hand at 12 o’clock driver. Autopilot seems to work a lot better than the 2020 MY performed. Ride is very quiet, smooth, and FAST! Overall very happy with the MX… much more than I was with the MY.

View attachment 809779View attachment 809782View attachment 809781
Truly beautiful machine. A word of caution regarding your driving technique. If you drive with a hand at the twelve o'clock position and the airbag deploys you'll end up punching yourself in the mouth and knocking out a tooth or two. One of the reasons the yoke may safer for driving.